Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1/28/2013 Update notes up(update not live yet)

Comments

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Rthuth434

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-January-28-2013

It is working for me now - downloading as we speak - it is huge!!

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

Yes. It looks as if this is the patch that kills GW2 for me. You now cannot complete dailies unless you do combos with an ally. Solo players no longer can complete the full daily. I HATE forced grouping. Well, I had 5 months of fun. GW2 was a great game. Sigh. Well at least there are new levels for Defense Grid...

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by tordurbar

Yes. It looks as if this is the patch that kills GW2 for me. You now cannot complete dailies unless you do combos with an ally. Solo players no longer can complete the full daily. I HATE forced grouping. Well, I had 5 months of fun. GW2 was a great game. Sigh. Well at least there are new levels for Defense Grid...

have you tried just being part of an event and doing a combo kill? doubt you need to actually be in a party.. ill have to check though

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

It's a little lame when it's already tough to get a decent group of people fighting in an event.

It's funny how they made new dailies/monthly for pvp yet the monthly that is supposed for the pve players still has the 5 wvw kills requirement.

daily combo killer doesn't require a group.. but you could easily get it done in a single dungeon after like 2 min.. but as long as you have one other person at an event you can easily get it done

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    daily combo killer doesn't require a group.. but you could easily get it done in a single dungeon after like 2 min.. but as long as you have one other person at an event you can easily get it done

This ^

Though, and maybe this is just me, but the whole mechanic seems a bit wonky. Was trying to do this completion w/ a friend, we were doing combos all over the place (and finishers), and we barely got credit for any of them (think we each somehow got credit for 1 of them).

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346

it's optional. of the 6 tasks you only have to do 4 and it changes every day.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

The dailies will change every day.

trying to find where you saw you only need to do 4 of the 6 to get a laurel

• MisatoTremorMisatoTremor Member UncommonPosts: 72

As noted dailies change every day now, so the combo part won't be needed every day.

Originally posted by aesperus
    Though, and maybe this is just me, but the whole mechanic seems a bit wonky. Was trying to do this completion w/ a friend, we were doing combos all over the place (and finishers), and we barely got credit for any of them (think we each somehow got credit for 1 of them).

The trick is in it's name: "Kill combo". The combo has to actually kill the mob, then both of you will credit for that one.

Misato - TankDoc for Life
  • MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468

You need to do all 6, and combo kills are not that hard - u either use spammbale combo finisher (thief short bow skill 1 for example) or u place a combo field and kills happens when finsher is inicialized by your field. In reality i found it a lot easier to do it with my thief and shortbow, than on my guardian. And you dont have to be in group.

Originally posted by Malevil

You need to do all 6, and combo kills are not that hard - u either use spammbale combo finisher (thief short bow skill 1 for example) or u place a combo field and kills happens when finsher is inicialed by your field. In reality i found it a lot easier to do it with my thief and shortbow, than on my guardian. And you dont have to be in group.

yea just did it with some random folks running around.. took no more than 1 minute.. no grouping needed

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    daily cycled, crisis averted. now you have to get 10 revives, get kills, and get dodges. go run one dungeon......
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    daily cycled, crisis averted. now you have to get 10 revives, get kills, and get dodges. go run one dungeon......

why do I think that there will always be a crisis....

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Honestly, I don't know that I care about daily stuff anymore. I am just doing what I want to do in game and letting everything take care of itself. I've had enough fun to justify the purchase already and I can't say that about most MMORPG releases to have come along lately.  The main source of irratation for me at this hour is that the living story stuff isn't happening right now. I am in waiting mode lol.
  • MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Has anybody tried doing combo kills by themself?  Every class can put down a field AND a finisher. ._.  Not sure if it counts.  I'll test it next time it cycles around.

(Also, I'm not dead!  I'm just playing GW2 and it takes up what little spare time I have. :T )

Originally posted by Meowhead

Has anybody tried doing combo kills by themself?  Every class can put down a field AND a finisher. ._.  Not sure if it counts.  I'll test it next time it cycles around.

(Also, I'm not dead!  I'm just playing GW2 and it takes up what little spare time I have. :T )

i tried didn't work for me but if someone put up a field and i killed the mob with my combo finisher it worked

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

i tried didn't work for me but if someone put up a field and i killed the mob with my combo finisher it worked

Luckily I'm in an active guild AND the most active server.  We're even tier 2, so WvW is active enough I could probably get lots of combo fields with that.

Though Sanctum of Rall is full of jerks.  Evil jerks who kill us poor Tarnished Coast people all the time. T.T

They ARE planning on making it so you only need to do 4 out of 6 achievements to finish, but... it's not here yet. D:  I think they should hvae done that BEFORE they added the dailies changing every day...

Originally posted by Meowhead

Luckily I'm in an active guild AND the most active server.  We're even tier 2, so WvW is active enough I could probably get lots of combo fields with that.

Though Sanctum of Rall is full of jerks.  Evil jerks who kill us poor Tarnished Coast people all the time. T.T

They ARE planning on making it so you only need to do 4 out of 6 achievements to finish, but... it's not here yet. D:  I think they should hvae done that BEFORE they added the dailies changing every day...

well most take no time at all so far.. did that combo kill one in less than 5 min.. did all of them in less than 1 hour

• JZeroVNJZeroVN Member Posts: 46
    Are they random for each person which completion the player needs?  I didn't have the "combo kill" one today but I finished my daily.  1) Mob variety, 2) gatherings, 3) resurrections  4)dodging attacks   5)  events.  Works for me anyway, I get the same stuff plus the new "laurel" token.
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

It was said by Anet. It isn't implemented yet.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/new-rewards-and-the-achievements-system/

"These updates are just the first step. We are reexamining the way that daily and monthly achievements work and how they plug into the achievements system as a whole. In the future, we’ll be adding support to allow you to complete your dailies by finishing a subset from a larger list. We want to give you the freedom to play the content that interests you. The list will change daily to provide an array of options for earning your laurels. Pick what interests you, play, and be rewarded!"

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

ok game is kinda killed, what is nice to play now?

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• ElquinElquin Member UncommonPosts: 47
    They made the daily more exciting, more dynamic and easier to complete. Why are so many people crying? It's only one part of the game that you are not REQUIRED to do. If you don't enjoy doing your daily... DON'T DO IT. I think the update is pretty amazing. I'm excited to see fixes that everyone has been asking for. It took a while, but it's been released. MMOs are supposed to be challenging. That's why new gear has been added and new objectives. For those crying over the update because they ADDED stuff... nothing makes you happy. It makes no sense to whine about new gear being released... you should be happy. Bleh... I wasn't even going to post, but I just find it so ridiculous how some people are. Anet has thusfar been releasing updates considerably frequent and most of them have been pretty large. I'm loving where things are headed and I can't get enough of the game. 

Playing- GWII.
    Played-VSoH, EQII, DF, PotBS, AC2, UO, AO, FFXI, WoW, EQII, DDO, KO, VSoH, CoH/CoV, LOTRO, GB, SWG, TR.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Elquin
    They made the daily more exciting, more dynamic and easier to complete. Why are so many people crying? It's only one part of the game that you are not REQUIRED to do. If you don't enjoy doing your daily... DON'T DO IT. I think the update is pretty amazing. I'm excited to see fixes that everyone has been asking for. It took a while, but it's been released. MMOs are supposed to be challenging. That's why new gear has been added and new objectives. For those crying over the update because they ADDED stuff... nothing makes you happy. It makes no sense to whine about new gear being released... you should be happy. Bleh... I wasn't even going to post, but I just find it so ridiculous how some people are. Anet has thusfar been releasing updates considerably frequent and most of them have been pretty large. I'm loving where things are headed and I can't get enough of the game. 

Not really, running around spamming combo fields and hoping that you "get the kill" sucks (anyway they said they removed that one since it didnt WAI) and it was pain to finish. It hugely favors some classes over others, and spam "LF elementalist for combo daily" started not long after t went live.

Also forced grouping is a no-no (and for all intents and purposes this is forced grouping)

Update as a whole is great, just this little part was particualrly bad.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

As far as I can tell, this was a huge 'RESET' on the Trading Post.

The gold that some people wielded got way too much and since the TP is game-wide, could have affected the game in a huge way.

1. The U-ID dye market is done.

2. Whatever Stones shenaningans is done.

ANet effectively gave a way for players to change Karma to Gold but the gold is random.

On a side note: Not sure if Anet would do something like WoW where Blizz prema-banned some big gold hoarders for 'manipulating the economy to the detriment of gameplay' or something like that. Some players basically bought everything in the AH and put it up again x2 which is apparently against the rules according to Blizz.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.