Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

...and I'm out

The game just passed the "no longer fun" threshold:

-This patch supposedly fixed the netcode, but the only people who seem to think so are on the forums; no one actually playing the game has seen any improvement, and for many, myself included, it has gotten worse.

-The imbalance of mechs and systems has completely destroyed the game; as if the lagshield weren't enough of an advantage for light mechs, only one big mech gets ECM, so most lights are just flatly immune to missiles, and nothing else can hit them except by luck.

-Balance is always right around the corner, with the next system supposed to balance out the last; even if that were not a moronic idea on the face of it, they never bring out the balancing system. At least, nothing ever gets balanced.

-The only responses from the developers have been condescending and rude.

This game needs someone competent to take over and come in and fire everyone currently working on it. Someone please let me know if that happens.

Comments

• ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122

I could not agree more, I see same bugs as i saw in the closed Beta, with not a working radar (wich is crucial) or when ur mech gets stuck in the "overheat mode"

I dont find the light mechs to be that OP as they were in CB thou. (they still ruined the game)  At this rate this OB is going, Will they ever officialy release the game? Hardly...

And two more things, The maps.... and the speed of wich they release the mechs that is suposed to be in the game.... god!

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Yeah, i dont like ECM, in fact i hate ECM, but i wont surrender to it - its only one part of the game and will be changed.
    "State Rewind" is coming, which should negate almost any lag problematic.

And i disagree that PGI is communicatitng rude to its playerbase, i have a different experience.
    They use not to sound to boring formal and to speak the language of the forum approrpriate to the context of a posting.

MWO is the best Mech game despite its vry infancy!

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by codejack

The game just passed the "no longer fun" threshold:

-This patch supposedly fixed the netcode, but the only people who seem to think so are on the forums; no one actually playing the game has seen any improvement, and for many, myself included, it has gotten worse.

-The imbalance of mechs and systems has completely destroyed the game; as if the lagshield weren't enough of an advantage for light mechs, only one big mech gets ECM, so most lights are just flatly immune to missiles, and nothing else can hit them except by luck.

-Balance is always right around the corner, with the next system supposed to balance out the last; even if that were not a moronic idea on the face of it, they never bring out the balancing system. At least, nothing ever gets balanced.

-The only responses from the developers have been condescending and rude.

This game needs someone competent to take over and come in and fire everyone currently working on it. Someone please let me know if that happens.

The netcode problems have improved (as a light pilot i can attest to this as i now actually need to apply tactics when playing)

ECM is designed to promote teamwork both from the team using it and the team fasing it. (my corp did run a few matches with a team of four light mechs without ECM and we made minced meat of any ECM mech dumb enough to get in our path. Teamwork beats ECM)

Lights are NOT immune to missiles, trust me on that. In fact missiles are the only thing that hurt lights every day all day. Now as a light you quickly learn how to use the terrain to block long range missiles and how to move to make it hard to hit with short range missiles.

ECM is going to have a balance pass but the devs like to keep the buff/nerf to a minimum instead of rushing stuff out. That does make for slow balance patches but they do happen so far the following things have had buff or nerf in order to balance. Armour values, engines size, topspeed, LRM, Streak-SRM, SRM, Ballistic weapons, small and medium Laser weapons. Upcomming are PPC and large laser weapons and ECM.

Devs communicate on many subjects with great respect. But a few devs i can agree have a fairly raw sense of humor and every now and then they are very short with people.

But that being said i guess you (the OP) feel better now as you have vented. Feel free to check in to thw game in 6 months when i am sure it will be more to your liking. This game is still in beta/soft launch mode and the devs do not try to cover the fact that the game is still in development.

This have been a good conversation

• Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 269
    They need a new Mech Commander game  not  MW
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

The game is suffering from something a few too many MMOs have suffered from since 2002...a company not taking advantage of early beta testers and being completely closed minded about the development of their game.

Raph Koster killed beta testing and almost completely closed the door to proper beta testing and game development, even today, some 7 years after his banishment from the MMO world, most companies look to his writings as if its the word of God dispite how many times what he said has been proven wrong, bit companies in their asses and then WHEN ITS TOO LATE, stop listening to that advice and doing the opposite to try to save their games.

MechWarrior is going to be one in a long line of games released with massive issues, holes in the game and not contain many things its fans are looking for...just because the company wouldnt actually listen, take surveys, hold closed Q&As with their testers...all the things that can EASILY be done and allow them to slowly work in whats wanted/needed during the rest of the later beta cycles so at least SOME of it is in before release while the rest is being worked on for early updates.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    Gobble gobble

Sorry can't taker someone using a terrorist as an avatar serious.

Any way if you botherd to check your fact the game always aimed at a minimum viable product release. As such it is a very bare bones game, again not something they have been trying to hide. The game is still being built and they are listening to the playerbase, thing is they are listening to all the playerbase and nost just the small and very vocal sub-sections that can be found on the forums.

Then again, it is a free world and you have every right to your opininon. I just think it is wrong.

This have been a good conversation

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by tawess
    Hurka durr

Sorry, cant take someone serious that posts that they cant take a person serious and then follow up with a long refute anyway.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• codejackcodejack Member Posts: 208

Tawess, I don't know what game you are playing, but it is clearly different from the one I am talking about.

The netcode has NOT improved; the animations are smoother, but server/client discrepancy and skating/teleporting/rubber-banding are all worse. I'm seeing lagshield on Atlases, for crying out loud.

ECM is blatantly biased towards premade teams; from unlimited stacking to cutting off in-game but not out-of-game communications to negating whole weapon systems for the opposing group, as if they didn't already have advantage enough!

And I would love to play with a team, if any of my friends were playing, but they aren't; "an OK demo for a real game" is the kindest any of them would say about it, and these are guys that I spent whole weekends playing Netmech with. Make a better game and we'll have more teams.

As for PGI "balancing" anything, what in your experience so far gives you any kind of faith in that at all? They put in Artemis knowing that it was ridiculous, then just took it back out, leaving only the extra size and cost; they say that TAG counters ECM, when you can't hold it on four of the five ECM mechs; light mechs still have twice the armor they are supposed to relative to all other classes.

Dev communication? Have you heard any of the NGNGs, where theybasically mock 80% of the playerbase? Have you read the forums where they just swing in to close threads that they don't like? Hell, Garth trolled one of my threads, earlier, then gave me a 3-day ban so I couldn't reply.

If they listened to their playerbase, ECM would have been gone from the game an hour after they put it in. If they want to come back and put a reasonable EW system in, later, that would be fine, but they have to pull ECM entirely for a while, first.

But you're right, they probably won't, so the game will die; and the sooner the better so maybe someone competent can try to make a decent MW game.

Originally posted by jtcgs

is going to be one in a long line of games released with massive issues, holes in the game and not contain many things its fans are looking for...just because the company wouldnt actually listen, take surveys, hold closed Q&As with their testers...all the things that can EASILY be done and allow them to slowly work in whats wanted/needed during the rest of the later beta cycles so at least SOME of it is in before release while the rest is being worked on for early updates.

This.

this happened me earlier today, i made a post to show my disapointment and list some critizm... "luckely" the MWO forum has a strong "forum-warrior-fanboi's" that play troll-police. Calling me troll because i want a less bugy game that i paid Founder packs for. Then the thread got locked down. So much for that. Maybe if they didnt lock all threads that list things they need to fix, the game prolly would had been in a better state then it is now.
    Originally posted by ikarrian
    this happened me earlier today, i made a post to show my disapointment and list some critizm... "luckely" the MWO forum has a strong "forum-warrior-fanboi's" that play troll-police. Calling me troll because i want a less bugy game that i paid Founder packs for. Then the thread got locked down. So much for that. Maybe if they didnt lock all threads that list things they need to fix, the game prolly would had been in a better state then it is now.

Well, obviously anyone complaining about their perfect game is a troll and deserved whatever they got, right?

Maybe they should rename it, "Mechwarrior: Hubris"

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

They (PGI Forums) have huge areas for "Patch Feedback" and "Suggestions" etc.
    I had never one of my posts deleted or locked and i wrote often this or that is "horrible" and needs change.

The NGNG Crew does a good Podcast in a fun atmosphere and you dont need to take it dead serious - its Battletech/Mechwarrior newstainment.

The people at PGI are sometimes overwhelmed how very serious the fans take the game and they have said so but try to handle it.

ECM is someones secret love at PGI but it will change bcs the pressure is to high to refuse change.

Its still the best Mechwarrior game out.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

Yea, I have hung out in the patch feedback and suggestion forums since closed beta; PGI hasn't listened to a blind word any of us have said. Ever.

And there's no telling what or why they will lock a thread; I got a 2-day ban for a pretty innocuous run-down of the EW problems, then got another thread I started marked as an official feedback thread after I titled it, "What the **** is wrong with PGI?"

And I wasn't knocking the podcast crew so much as the attitude displayed by the devs in many of the comments. Go listen to I think it was the ~Jan 5 podcast where Garth told us that ECM is OK because only 80% of the playerbase hates it and 8-man teams are averaging just less than 4 ECM mechs per round. 40% of 8-man teams are comprised of only 10% of the available mechs, and that is "OK?!"

PGI has and continues to ignore their playerbase entirely. The game went from promising to annoying to unplayable in the course of 2 months. If things were getting better, they wouldn't have to "deal with" upset MW fans because we would be cheering them along. Personally, I feel that if they would revert the entire game back to where it was at the beginning of open beta, that would be a drastic improvement.

Yes, ECM is obviously someone's secret love at PGI; personally, I think that the people in charge only run in groups of light ECM mechs and are trying to bias the game heavily in favor of their play style.

And this is nowhere near the best MW game out; graphics aside, this is easily the worst Mechwarrior game, ever, and nothing I have seen indicates that PGI has any intention of improving it. NOTHING has gotten better since closed beta, and much has gotten worse.

The sooner this game fails the sooner someone else will get a chance to make a decent game.

Amen brother! so far today i've played 4 games and i've been disconnected mid-fight 4 out of 4. And i normaly dont get disconnected. But its always during the mid-days like now that i get it. So effin pissed, should never payed the cash for the stupid founder packs. Except for GW2 purchase, that was one of the worst deals i've done. 

Originally posted by ikarrian

Amen brother! so far today i've played 4 games and i've been disconnected mid-fight 4 out of 4. And i normaly dont get disconnected. But its always during the mid-days like now that i get it. So effin pissed, should never payed the cash for the stupid founder packs. Except for GW2 purchase, that was one of the worst deals i've done. 

Yea, more and more I'm beginning to think that the "netcode" problem is entirely on their end, and they don't want to spend the money to upgrade their systems when the game won't exist in 6 months.

• TheBlackCrowTheBlackCrow Member Posts: 12

Yeah this thread sums up my experience in game and on the forums!

But I can tell you guys MechWarrior Tactics, eventho it’s a turn based game, is shaping up to be an awesome community. It’s such a fresh breath of pure air over there. It’s not a FPS/Sim game,  it’s actually the table top game as a browser game. Can’t list all the details but just go to the forums....anyway the mods are  nice, respectful, in the loop from the devs, but firm if anything is amis. They actually interact to the community is such a positive way. Heck I just saw a Devs post to a thread that had 0 posts. It was asking where that could find TT miniatures in Canada.  The devs posted and also found a link to the closest brick and mortar store near him. Wow! Talk about communication. The post wasn’t even geared towards the Tactics game!!! You would not see this anywhere in MWO. If anything go there for a few minutes look around and get all that filth from the MWO community outta yer lungs. Trust me, you will feel better.

That does sound pretty positive, Crow; I guess that lets us know that the problem with MWO is Piranha and not Infinite Games.
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    This forum isn't for political or issue debates. Please don't derail the thread further.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]