Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Beta Weekends and Founders' Packs Detailed

Comments

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

A few questions; 

Q) what is the, " Moonstone Mask Tavern" about and why do I need VIP acess to it?

Q) Five-day head start access to Neverwinter Open Beta, why would I need this?

it's only open beta, surly I would want Five-day head start access to Neverwinter Opening day, maybe it's a typo?

thanks for any answers.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Plopping $200 first thing tomorrow.  I have never purchased any sort of Founder box, Collector Edition or Lifetime subscription but I am so positive that NWO is going to be that game, I want to insure they know I support their business.  Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

If so, well done. image

If not... dude.   image

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Plopping $200 first thing tomorrow.  I have never purchased any sort of Founder box, Collector Edition or Lifetime subscription but I am so positive that NWO is going to be that game, I want to insure they know I support their business.  Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If so, well done. image

If not... dude.   image

Ha that was what I was thinking lol

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• sylum69sylum69 Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

If so, well done. image

If not... dude.   image

^ This...

If this is for real, I highly recommend doing a little research (if you haven't already) before you drop your money. If afterwards you feel like this is right for you, then, 'to each their own', good sir.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by MikeB
    Originally posted by Asm0deus
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

Way to expensive for founders packs... what is this new BS where companies make us pay to supposedly beta test?

You're really just paying for early access, guaranteed beta time, and a few perks.  If you can wait, might as well!  It'll be F2P after all.

I can understand a 60$ founder pack. It's kind of like buying a ps3 game or buying the client if you will but 200$ is just retarded

The $200 pack is obviously not meant for everyone, which is why there are three tiers to the program. I'm not sure why people react this way every time a new game announces a pack like this. Think back to any MMO you've ever played, didn't you know that 'one guy' who always played? Even when you took a break for six months and came back? He'd still be there happily playing like it was the first month of launch.

That's the player who will be interested in the top-tier pack. It's not like PWE (or any other game offering this sort of thing) is only offering a single high priced tier.  No one's forcing you to buy the thing. The fact of the matter is that game development costs real money and being able to guarantee some sort of upfront revenue is pretty attractive, especially when you're giving away the game for free. I think offering excited and dedicated fans some additional value in exchange for an upfront cost can be a real win-win for both parties involved when done well.

Have at it if you want to criticize the actual content:value ratio of this particular pack (or any other), but I think the kneejerk scoffing at the price of these high-tier packs and $150 Collector Editions is honestly a bit silly.

Exactly Bill.

As a fan of ALL things RA Salvatore, Drizzt, D&D, and Action Combat with Dungeon Delving (plus the Foundry)  I intend to show PWE & Cryptic my support with this pack.  I have disposable income so it's not that big of deal for me to spend money on things I like.  Glad PWE and Cryptic is offereing this for "us fans".

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

paying for stuff thats worthless in 1 week after launch.

head start to beta.. this was actually funny.

smells like bacon to me :)

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927
    Originally posted by SereneBlue
    The $200 beta level was designed so as to make playing a drow exceedingly rare. If it had been priced at $60 there would be plenty of people who would pay that to do that. PWI don't want lots of people running around playing as drow. The $200 is designed to keep a very rare race being just that - exceedingly rare.

Cryptic don't have a good record for keeping anything rare, or "unique".   Historically they've put most things from such packs on the cash shop not that long after launch.  I believe the only thing they haven't is the Borg player race.

Unique, etc, to Cryptic means for a very short period.

I'd personnally not touch any of these packs, after what they did with STO/CO LTS items.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Uhhhh huh.... just like SWTOR, TSW, AoC, and evey game that offered a lifetime sub also thought that their game was THE game of the second coming?

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by redcap036

A few questions; 

Q) what is the, " Moonstone Mask Tavern" about and why do I need VIP acess to it?

it's only open beta, surly I would want Five-day head start access to Neverwinter Opening day, maybe it's a typo?

thanks for any answers.

1.  I'm gonna assume it works like the VIP area in SWTOR did.  Your account gets flagged and you get to go in there and socialize.  There may even be a special gera merchant that will allow VIPs to buy special skins, but that's just a guess.

2.  Not sure but you may be right.

Originally posted by Ambros123

Uhhhh huh.... just like SWTOR, TSW, AoC, and evey game that offered a lifetime sub also thought that their game was THE game of the second coming?

Well, just for the record, there was no lifetime sub in SWTOR.  I think 6 months was max, but you are pretty spot on with the intent.

Threads are being locked, posts being deleted, dmg control is being done, "stay tuned for more info details" are all happening in the official forums.  Sounds like whosever bright ideal with the news created a big ol' shit storm.
    Originally posted by Latronus

A few questions; 

thanks for any answers.

1.  I'm gonna assume it works like the VIP area in SWTOR did.  Your account gets flagged and you get to go in there and socialize.  There may even be a special gera merchant that will allow VIPs to buy special skins, but that's just a guess.

You guys are confused  200$ pack give:

[quote]• Five-day head start access to Neverwinter Open Beta
    • Beta Weekend Friend Invite code
    • Exclusive access to ‘Menzoberranzan Renegade', a Drow playable race like the legendary ranger Drizzt Do'Urden, complete with unique racial abilities and tattoo
    • Unique ‘Armored Spider' mount
    • Unique ‘Panther Companion'
    • In-game and forum ‘Founder' title
    • VIP Game Access to skip-the-line and get priority log-in access[/quote]

Read carefully BY VIP they mean you skip to the head of the line on login if there a line up to get in game.

The 60$ pack gives:

[quote]• Three-day head start access to Neverwinter Open Beta
    • Unique ‘Gold Moonstone Mask Regalia' head piece
    • Unique ‘Armored Horse' mount
    • Unique ‘Direwolf Companion'
    • In-game and forum ‘Founder' title[/quote]

The other thing is  peace of armor or fashion not a place.  Regalia is usauly some kind of formal wear. 

@azzamasin ; I am a fan of forgetten realms and RA salvatore too, I have all the books he wrote that take place in FR doesn't change my POV. I am able to be a fan without becoming a blind fanboy, btw this is an insult at you just using the expression.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

A few questions; 

thanks for any answers.

You guys are confused  20$ pack give:

• Exclusive access to ‘Menzoberranzan Renegade', a Drow playable race like the legendary ranger Drizzt Do'Urden, complete with unique racial abilities and tattoo

Read carefully BY VIP they mean you skip to the head of the line on login if there a line up to get in game.

The 60$ pack gives:

The other thing is  peace of armor or fashion not a place.  Regalia is usauly some kind of formal wear. 

Ummm.... your $20 benefits is the $200 dollar benefits.  The $20 one is:

• ‘Adventurer's Helper Pack' containing six different types of in-game items
    • ‘Small Bag of Holding' for twelve extra inventory slots
    • ‘Amulet of Protection' item

No CB acess, no head start, just a few items that likely will be utterly worthless as you progress in the game.

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

Bought the $20 pack so your characters would have the extra bag  space?  Well the jokes on you.

Neverwinter Starter Kit purchasers

• Small Bag of Holding for a single character per Starter Pack purchased

Also kind of makes it sound as though the $60 and $200 packs don't include the contents of the $20 pack.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Way to expensive for founders packs... what is this new BS where companies make us pay to supposedly beta test?

You're really just paying for early access, guaranteed beta time, and a few perks.  If you can wait, might as well!  It'll be F2P after all.

I can understand a 60$ founder pack. It's kind of like buying a ps3 game or buying the client if you will but 200$ is just retarded

The $200 pack is obviously not meant for everyone, which is why there are three tiers to the program. I'm not sure why people react this way every time a new game announces a pack like this. Think back to any MMO you've ever played, didn't you know that 'one guy' who always played? Even when you took a break for six months and came back? He'd still be there happily playing like it was the first month of launch.

That's the player who will be interested in the top-tier pack. It's not like PWE (or any other game offering this sort of thing) is only offering a single high priced tier.  No one's forcing you to buy the thing. The fact of the matter is that game development costs real money and being able to guarantee some sort of upfront revenue is pretty attractive, especially when you're giving away the game for free. I think offering excited and dedicated fans some additional value in exchange for an upfront cost can be a real win-win for both parties involved when done well.

Have at it if you want to criticize the actual content:value ratio of this particular pack (or any other), but I think the kneejerk scoffing at the price of these high-tier packs and $150 Collector Editions is honestly a bit silly.

Yeah I have to agree with you there has there has been ample opportunity to get a beta key w/o buying a founder's pack at all such as pre-ordering TL2 or what I did -which came from a poster on this VERY site- buy the January edition to PCGAMER which included a NW beta key and a mount and cost me all of 2bux for the digital copy from GooglePlay.

A few questions; 

thanks for any answers.

The 60$ pack gives:

Ummm.... your $20 benefits is the $200 dollar benefits.  The $20 one is:

• ‘Adventurer's Helper Pack' containing six different types of in-game items
    • ‘Small Bag of Holding' for twelve extra inventory slots
    • ‘Amulet of Protection' item

No CB acess, no head start, just a few items that likely will be utterly worthless as you progress in the game.

Eh ya typo missed a zero lol, how about fixing it in the quote so as not to confuse peeps thnx

A few questions; 

thanks for any answers.

It states in the description that there is VIP to the tavern.  Go back and read the paragraph above the list.  I'd copy it but I'm on an iPad and copy/pasting gets touchy.  There is also early access to the foundry.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Only the person who paid for the service can say it is or it isn't.  As someone who has followed the game since the begining and have watched every gameplay video from all the Cons and read all the interviews I am convinced this is "that" game for me and only "I" can say it is, not someone else.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Exactly Bill.

As a fan of ALL things RA Salvatore, Drizzt, D&D, and Action Combat with Dungeon Delving (plus the Foundry)  I intend to show PWE & Cryptic my support with this pack.  I have disposable income so it's not that big of deal for me to spend money on things I like.  Glad PWE and Cryptic is offereing this for "us fans".

I'm Mike, FWIW. :P

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Exactly Bill.

I'm Mike, FWIW. :P

lol yours and Bills initials are the same but in reverse maybe that did it =p.

A few questions; 

thanks for any answers.

It states in the description that there is VIP to the tavern.  Go back and read the paragraph above the list.  I'd copy it but I'm on an iPad and copy/pasting gets touchy.  There is also early access to the foundry.

I'm pretty active in the NW forum and it doesn't say that there, Cmpinpointerror an actual dev was busy updating info their for awhile.

Even here at kotaku they don't mention any VIP tavern, thinking maybe the info here at mmorpg is wrong.

• jaffrojonesjaffrojones Member Posts: 42
    Originally posted by Rogal_Urson

Ok. I am calling bullshit on the Hero of the North pack.  I want to see the actual accounting sheets with the amounts tabulated under GAAP to make my own determinations here.  I know business accounting, I also know sales and gaming.  I realyl don't see how anything in that pack is valued at over half a grand. 

Show me the accounting numbers so I can see the money!!!

Did you really just say "show me the money?"

A few questions; 

thanks for any answers.

I'm pretty active in the NW forum and it doesn't say that there and it doesn't say that on the forum, Cmpinpointerror an actual dev was busy updating info theior for awhile.

Even here at kotaku they don't mention any VIP tavern, thinking maybe the info here at mmorpg is wrong.

You may be right, not sure because I haven't been as active on the NW boards these past few weeks.  The info that redcap was asking about came right out of the initial post so anything is possible.  Either way, I don't have $200 bucks to put on this and if I did, my wife would string me up.  I will at least I've the game a go and see how it plays.  My friends and I loved plaing Forgotten Realms  back in the day so I hope this is done right.

Only the person who paid for the service can say it is or it isn't.  As someone who has followed the game since the begining and have watched every gameplay video from all the Cons and read all the interviews I am convinced this is "that" game for me and only "I" can say it is, not someone else.

And apparently you missed my point completely.  Many, many, many, so so many times have people singed your exact tune and later sing a completely different tune.

And I too have watched all the videos, read the intervies, know all the pros and cons.  I've followed it since it was announced back when Atari was in the picture.  I will give you a run for your money with what you know with what I know.  And right now you nor anyone can really say what this game will be and cannot say if this game is really for you.   Your speaking in blind fanboism, sorry if that's offensive but you are not seeing the game for what it is.  You enthralled with the concepts and mechanics but what the game will be is still larely unknown.  For all we know they could completely butcher the game by making it a WoW clone game.  Take Demon Stone, has the classes, the influence but none would ever really call that a D&D game like Baulder's Gate or IWD or NWN.

What Cryptic should have done before this announcement was to release some real high quality demos, info, blogs, and vids.  Instead they are asking people to give them money on blind faith.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Originally posted by drkoracle

So we give you $200, basicly a year or more worth of sub fees to many other tested games and if the game sucks then.....

Not a chance in hell, let me test it first and for an extended amount of time, if it is a game I know i will love and play for years then sure, maybe.

How many other games have promised the world only to disapoint,  Age of Conan Collectors Edition - Regret, Diablo 3 Collectors Edition - MASSIVE REGRET. 

You want way more than any of them charged for a game I have only seen video clips of ?

No thanx :)

THIS! ^

Is this a copycat of Marvel Heroes or what ! Is this what games are coming to? Sucks

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!