Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Flame and Frost: Prelude Now Live

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Flame and Frost: Prelude, the latest major update to Guild Wars 2, is now live. The update adds the 'Temple of the Silent Storm' paid tournament event, new achievements and achievement laurels (and gear rewards to go with them!), new Gem Store items, and more.

Check out the official patch notes for a comprehensive list of all the updates and additions.

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    downloading now:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    And the mindless incesant zerging in WvW continues.
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    yeah all i really seen was a lot of balance and bug fixes but not much for wvw at all. Culling priorities was about it . I would like to see some more info on the world vs world abilities that they swear they are working on until then they can have this game Im just not interested in zerging and boring circle jerks in pvp.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

cant wait to download and hit ORR zone to see the revisions!

and didle dadle with things here n there...

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    I don't have a level 80 toon yet, but I like how they randomized the dailies and removed the tiered progress.  My daughter will hate the changes to the dailies though, especially when she gets the Underwater Kills and Item Crafting dailies.
  • Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by BitterClinger
    I don't have a level 80 toon yet, but I like how they randomized the dailies and removed the tiered progress.  My daughter will hate the changes to the dailies though, especially when she gets the Underwater Kills and Item Crafting dailies.

you only need 4 of those iirc so she shouldn't have to do those two.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Ooooo exciting

cept they nerfed my thief :o

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Best part of update:

Players can now reconnect to the Fractals of the Mists if they are disconnected.

That dungeon is so long and when someone DCs at end its like >_< NOOOOOOOO

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089

THe only thing i like about are the changes in fractal.

The bad thing is when you finish the boss you can dispand your party and all members will leave instance on instant, leaving you there to get trophy.

• boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438
    You can understand how much they care about WvW from the patch notes alone.

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

Originally posted by boxsnd

they already said feb/march was going to be there big WvW focus with new titles and some sort of new incentive system but they did add in placeholder character draws in this patch which is pretty significant

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by boxsnd

They had the other balances to deal with in the game first - they said they are doing a whole patch in Feb to deal with WvW - please go shill somewhere else.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Good start, can't wait till some needed balance occurs across the board.  Thief nerfs, Ranger & Necro Buffs etc.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    So many people out in the world trying to do "combo kill" daily. Good way to teach players how to use all features of the combat.
    Originally posted by QSatu
    So many people out in the world trying to do "combo kill" daily. Good way to teach players how to use all features of the combat.

i agree really like that,  seen several ask how they work and watched people show them..

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468
    I do not find ANYTHING interesting in this update. Or, this update doesn't have the gravity to make me want to log in.
    Originally posted by nomss
    I do not find ANYTHING interesting in this update. Or, this update doesn't have the gravity to make me want to log in.

new events haven't even started yet.. Laurels vender has a lot of good stuff in it though.. haven't really had time to check out the other things

• brevasbrevas Member Posts: 1

Well if they ever decide to add a progression based end game I may re-install. But it warranted the money for a single play through although I thought the story was awful, predictable, poorly written and the voice acting bordered unbearable at times. I have never played an MMO where I encountered so many unlikable characters. Wish I waited till the price came down. 

Hopefully they will do something to warrant the interest of folks who were hoping for a lot more out of GW2. 

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865
    Originally posted by brevas

Well if they ever decide to add a progression based end game I may re-install. But it warranted the money for a single play through although I thought the story was awful, predictable, poorly written and the voice acting bordered unbearable at times. I have never played an MMO where I encountered so many unlikable characters. Wish I waited till the price came down. 

Hopefully they will do something to warrant the interest of folks who were hoping for a lot more out of GW2. 

They added progression today. They are going to be adding it in pretty much every patch for the next couple of months for various parts of the game.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Awesome changes!
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Good start, can't wait till some needed balance occurs across the board.  Thief nerfs, Ranger & Necro Buffs etc.

It's 6 month post-release and Necros/Pets/Mesmers skills and traits STILL being broken and even nerfed recent patches (talking about PVE here).

ANet will never get a grip on class balance and the two(!) guys who do the classes don't have the slightest idea how to juggle their stuff.

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271
    Why does it have dailies I thought that was what killed WoW
  • Rayzer235Rayzer235 Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Originally posted by Volgore

It's 6 month post-release and Necros/Pets/Mesmers skills and traits STILL being broken and even nerfed recent patches (talking about PVE here).

ANet will never get a grip on class balance and the two(!) guys who do the classes don't have the slightest idea how to juggle their stuff.

Get up to date it isn't 2 people they already posted long ago who actually does the balancing and its more than 2 btw

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by Rayzer235

Get up to date it isn't 2 people they already posted long ago who actually does the balancing and its more than 2 btw

Ok, then it is now more than two who have no idea about how to handle the classes.
    Multiplied by zero remains zero.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865
    Originally posted by Rayzer235

Ok, then it is now more than two who have no idea about how to handle the classes.
    Multiplied by zero remains zero.

You say that like they had 2 people handling class balance at one point, that was never the case. Two people deal with the code itself, as with most programs. Many more people are involved in the choices made in class balance. Class balance is not perfect, but it is better then most MMOs I have played. The only class that really isn't up to par as far as I can tell is Ranger. Mesmers rape people and that is the reason they get nerfed. If you don't see this (and the bring a mesmer requirement for competitive pvp) then you are being pretty naive. Yeah they aren't good at AOE in PvE but their survivability / dps make up for it plenty.  Don't know much about necro's but I know people who enjoy the class alot. Pets might still be a little messed up in some cases, but they have been vastly improved since launch. From what it sounds like you have not played the game in a while.

One thing I have found is that when people complain about class balance is that they need to just need to find a class they enjoy more. This is especially true in GW2 considering how different each class is.