Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO Petition, Make Tamriel Seamless.

Comments

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by PyrateLV

Who are you to decide which is the right or wrong way? I also love how some of you have started with this idea that all of sudden DAOC was just another MMO,  it laid the groundwork for many PVP systems that followed.

I just wanna know why you guys can't get it, there are people who disagree with your point of view. You're acting as though you have some final say on these matters, to put it frankly, you do not.

Hypocrite much?

Practice what you preach

I get that you want something else,  am I telling you my way is the only right way? I think it's safe to say I am practicing what i preach, as I understand my point of view is simply an opinion.

My view is also an opinion. Right or wrong. But it is MY opinion. Just because I disagree with yours doesnt mean its any less valid than yours. You act as though it is and that I shouldnt be allowed to speak my mind

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Who are you to decide which is the right or wrong way? I also love how some of you have started with this idea that all of sudden DAOC was just another MMO,  it laid the groundwork for many PVP systems that followed.

I just wanna know why you guys can't get it, there are people who disagree with your point of view. You're acting as though you have some final say on these matters, to put it frankly, you do not.

Hypocrite much?

Practice what you preach

I get that you want something else,  am I telling you my way is the only right way? I think it's safe to say I am practicing what i preach, as I understand my point of view is simply an opinion.

My view is also an opinion. Right or wrong. But it is MY opinion. Just because I disagree with yours doesnt mean its any less valid than yours. You act as though it is

How so?  I've said over and over I'd prefer an open world (liek SWG pvp wise) as well, so how would that even make sense?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Hypocrite much?

Practice what you preach

My view is also an opinion. Right or wrong. But it is MY opinion. Just because I disagree with yours doesnt mean its any less valid than yours. You act as though it is

How so?  I've said over and over I'd prefer an open world (liek SWG pvp wise) as well, so how would that even make sense?

Well then we do agree on something.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    I can't wait for some good ole faction rivalries. Hasent been any good 3 faction PvP games in a long time.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

TES is simply a game I intend to try out, I am following The Repop because it is the game I want.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

TES is simply a game I intend to try out, I am following The Repop because it is the game I want.

OK, 2 things we agree on. LOL

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911

On the flip side how do racial areas limit the content you can access? All you have to do is make a new toon. I have dozens of Skyrim characters, had dozens of Oblivion characters, same goes for Morrowind. Nothing new to me there in terms of TES titles, I make a dif toon for every guild/side in the game. This seems even better as each alliance choice offers unique environments/stories, etc...

It limits the content I can access on one character.  Why do people think this is okay from an Elder Scrolls game?  The landmass is there, we should be able to freely roam without being restricted.

I create alts all the time in TES games but I usually don't play them seriously.  In ESO I would have to create and level 3 different characters in order to see the entire world of Tamriel.  That is not what I am looking for in a TES game.  I respect that you may enjoy alts, some do and some don't but I don't like to invest my time over 3 different characters.

(Now I can expect your response will be "you choose to limit yourself!"  I don't think that's a fair assumtion, I choose my playstyle - zenimax choose to limit my playstyle.)

That game looks quite boring. So I don't bother following it. Sci Fi is not my favorite type of game. Plus isnt it going F2P, I don't support those games because I hate the model.

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 619

Personally, im extremely happy with the faction locked gameplay, and it seems im not the only one. I would happily sign a petition that stated anyone who signs a petition to change a game from the designers intent should be permabanned from that game. 

What you need to remember, is that the people making the game, do so with certain ideas and intents in mind. You may not know the reason they chose to implement the faction locks, and you dont need to know. All you need to do is realize thats what they wanted. Now dont get me wrong, im not at all saying developers are right and players are wrong. Its perfectly fine and in most cases necessary for players to step in and ask for changes, changes that  will improve gameplay and add something to the game. Unfortunately asking for a more open world would seem to me to destroy some of that world, not add anything to it.

The purpose seems clear, they wanted to add 3 distinct factions, all with thier own unique stories, lore and environments. Opening this up to other factions no longer makes them unique, therefore takes away that piece of the game. Those of you claiming RP and immersion are hypicrites. Its much more immersive and adds alot more to RP to have 3 very different factions with 3 distinct environments, lore and questing.

Seems theres only 2 people that dont like this system. First is the "I dont like alts, I like doing everything on one toon". Sorry to burst your bubble, but Im again calling you out. There are many restictions in every MMO that keep you from "doing everything" on one character. Some MMOs only let you have one crafting profession. Some wont let you harvest all materials, most limit your weapon and armor choices. ESO goes beyond all that allowing you to work on all skills (every class has access to magic, melee and stealth), use all weapons and wear all armor.

The second person is the PvPer. Ok, I will give you this one. I do enjoy both PvE and PvP. And I know the difference between having open world PvP and not. Sadly, not everyone cares, and rightfully so. Again, its all about story, lore and background. Hallmarks to The Elder Scrolls games and cross faction gameplay would only ruin all that is TES. Not to mention, sadly the most vocal people asking for open PvP are only gankers, and with a "volunteer" PvP system, or flagging system, the only other people that would be flagged are other gankers. The majority of players will be happy confining PvP to the PvP area, and not worrying about looking over thier shoulder in the PvE, leveling areas. So you PvPers would be bored to tears anyways, bitching on forums that noone is flagging, and asking that it not be voluntary anymore. Sorry, thats just not gonna happen. 

I ask everyone just to stop, take a breath and think about what you are asking for, before making irrational demands. Not only have none of you even played the game, but you have no idea what the content looks like, or how the gameplay mechanics or systems really work. There has been minimal details released. It seems you only want to make the game what you think it should be, without thinking about what it is already. I would much rather have 3 unique stories and environments than only have one. Its basically 3 separate games in one big package. Think before you speak and dont bother signing meaningless petitions.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    They'd be better dropping this megaserver nonsense and having alternative ruleset servers. Pretty much like daoc.

Yeah, that's what I'd really have preferred to see, a FFA PVP server like Mordred in DAOC.

Not likely to happen though, pity.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by Fearum

That game looks quite boring. So I don't bother following it. Sci Fi is not my favorite type of game. Plus its F2P and I don't support those games because I hate the model.

You're just full of cheery goodness aren't you? You don't like F2P and you don't like sci-fi. But there are hyrbid F2P models that work and benifit both paying and........mooching players. Elder Scrolls in a sense has always looked "boring", but you don't appreciate any of them unless you actually play it.

Getting too old for this $&17!

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    You know what you have to create multiple characters to see every quest in the single player tes games.
    Originally posted by aslan132

Long post

I'am looking forward to the game for both PvP and PvE. I only plan to PvP on my AD characters though. I will make DC and EP character and run through the story and check out the different landscape but thats about it.

• ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122

Personally, im extremely happy with the faction locked gameplay, and it seems im not the only one. I would happily sign a petition that stated anyone who signs a petition to change a game from the designers intent should be permabanned from that game. 

What you need to remember, is that the people making the game, do so with certain ideas and intents in mind. You may not know the reason they chose to implement the faction locks, and you dont need to know. All you need to do is realize thats what they wanted. Now dont get me wrong, im not at all saying developers are right and players are wrong. Its perfectly fine and in most cases necessary for players to step in and ask for changes, changes that  will improve gameplay and add something to the game. Unfortunately asking for a more open world would seem to me to destroy some of that world, not add anything to it.

The purpose seems clear, they wanted to add 3 distinct factions, all with thier own unique stories, lore and environments. Opening this up to other factions no longer makes them unique, therefore takes away that piece of the game. Those of you claiming RP and immersion are hypicrites. Its much more immersive and adds alot more to RP to have 3 very different factions with 3 distinct environments, lore and questing.

Seems theres only 2 people that dont like this system. First is the "I dont like alts, I like doing everything on one toon". Sorry to burst your bubble, but Im again calling you out. There are many restictions in every MMO that keep you from "doing everything" on one character. Some MMOs only let you have one crafting profession. Some wont let you harvest all materials, most limit your weapon and armor choices. ESO goes beyond all that allowing you to work on all skills (every class has access to magic, melee and stealth), use all weapons and wear all armor.

The second person is the PvPer. Ok, I will give you this one. I do enjoy both PvE and PvP. And I know the difference between having open world PvP and not. Sadly, not everyone cares, and rightfully so. Again, its all about story, lore and background. Hallmarks to The Elder Scrolls games and cross faction gameplay would only ruin all that is TES. Not to mention, sadly the most vocal people asking for open PvP are only gankers, and with a "volunteer" PvP system, or flagging system, the only other people that would be flagged are other gankers. The majority of players will be happy confining PvP to the PvP area, and not worrying about looking over thier shoulder in the PvE, leveling areas. So you PvPers would be bored to tears anyways, bitching on forums that noone is flagging, and asking that it not be voluntary anymore. Sorry, thats just not gonna happen. 

I ask everyone just to stop, take a breath and think about what you are asking for, before making irrational demands. Not only have none of you even played the game, but you have no idea what the content looks like, or how the gameplay mechanics or systems really work. There has been minimal details released. It seems you only want to make the game what you think it should be, without thinking about what it is already. I would much rather have 3 unique stories and environments than only have one. Its basically 3 separate games in one big package. Think before you speak and dont bother signing meaningless petitions.

+10

Originally posted by r3zs1ckn3ss
    Originally posted by Fearum

That game looks quite boring. So I don't bother following it. Sci Fi is not my favorite type of game. Plus its F2P and I don't support those games because I hate the model.

You're just full of cheery goodness aren't you? You don't like F2P and you don't like sci-fi. But there are hyrbid F2P models that work and benifit both paying and........mooching players. Elder Scrolls in a sense has always looked "boring", but you don't appreciate any of them unless you actually play it.

Its my opinion, since we are sharing opinions here. ES games are boring, I don't really like single player games. But I love the world of ES and look forward to getting into it as an mmo.

I don't care how you try to describe F2P games, I don't like it and think its the worst thing to happen to this genre

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911

"I dont like alts, I like doing everything on one toon". Sorry to burst your bubble, but Im again calling you out. There are many restictions in every MMO that keep you from "doing everything" on one character.

I never ever said that I want to do everything on one "toon".  I said that I wanted to explore Tamriel on one character.  There are many MMOs that allow you to travel around on one character.

• ThandrasThandras Member Posts: 41

Origanlly posted by Maelwydd

Well many Germans answered the call to return the the Fatherland from all countries of birth. Americans, English, Russians...many japanese fought for America in the 2nd world war. Sides were nto cut and dry, no ALL Germans were fighting for Germany and likewise for any nation involved. hence why spys were able to do waht they did. Your point isn't really valid as making real life points to back up your argument actually proove the oppersite.

Oh and as for all the positive thinkers out there. I am well aware on what the industry is and what I will need to do to get into it. I didn't sign up to change career going from an £80,000 position to a £10,000 start position without understanding I will need to start at the bottom, learn the ropes, proove myself and then eventually get where I want. I get noticed on what I do not what I say. But your points are accepted and i am under no illusion that I will be lead design or creative director without putting in the ground work. I fully understand what hard work is involved...but I would rather struggle to get there doing something I enjoy then what I am doing now so it is all good. I will continue to enjoy games whether I make them or not.

So, you're saying that travel between the warring nations during WWII was the same as peace time? That certainly is what you're eluding too.

The only accurate anology you used was the one relating to spies. But how do you implement that into an MMO, people did that in past by making numerous accounts. Logging into one account find out was going and either logging out / into another account and informing the other side. (spying) Or vent server jumping. Same thing.

You used the Germans and Japanese fighting for the US. At least I think you did, your point was a little to vague to follow the way you worded it.  Did you not hear of the detainment camps for said individuals? Pretty much the only way out of them was by enlisting and they were segregated, as well as, for the most part used as fodder. At least the Japanese were.  Never heard of any German only fighting units but I know for a fact that anyone with German or Japanese ancestory were scrutinized by the US government.

Your example of Germans "answering the call of the fatherland from America, Russia, etc... just validates my point. They left where they were to go join their "faction" for lack of better words.

Sides were definitely cut and dry during WWII except for the espionage game and Partisan groups like the French Underground. Another idea that I think would be hard to implement in an MMO, unless  you were given a chance to choose before entering a War zone to maybe be a mercency and hire yourself out to the underpopulated side. I would definitely like to see that kind of option but don't see that happening anytime soon.

Long story short, we are all beating our heads against a wall. This is how they made the game. Either play it or don't. Bitching about it at this point won't accomplish anything. They don't have time to hit the "re-do" button now.

• SiderasSideras Member Posts: 231

Won't happen this late in the development cycle. And again see this as an MMO not a direct TES game.

And for you who never played DAoC, rolling a new character in another faction felt like a completely new game, which is great for replayability.

Originally posted by jtcgs

There are right ways and wrong ways to change things and seeing as how there ARE MMORPGS THAT ARE CLOSER TO TES THAN WHAT THEY ARE DOING...there are NO EXCUSES to make those changes. Especially when they are doing nothing more than making DAOC2 with the TES name.

which games would these be then that are closer to tes than what we know so far of teso?  

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Too late, besides, I've said it early on that the layout will be alot like how DAoC is laid out.  The PvE areas for the factions will be PvE only and noone else can enter, they're all connected to the PvP area, Cyrodil (frontiers).
  • snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Originally posted by Emeraq

I thought seamless meant no transition loading (or blank) screens? In which case both Oblivion and Skryim are NOT seamless.

Maybe I'm wrong about what is considered seemless but to me it sounds to me like this request is to make it truly an open world, rather than limiting access to your zone and PvP zones only.... 

Yes you are wrong, the gameworld is completely seamless, your are referring to the one major town in Oblivion, Morrowind and dungeons that triggered loading screens.  The rest of the game was seamless meaning you could run from one end of the gameworld to the other without a load screen.

• MackehMackeh Member Posts: 164

Another game fail, honestly these devs should do their homework, WOW did open world where you could go anywhere in that world, it was immersive and real to your character.  This game will suck without the immersion of world pvp, half the fun is questing while keeping an eye out for the enemy and being ganked is part of the experience.

TESO is now joining the ranks of carebear MMO games to avoid.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Who are you to decide which is the right or wrong way? I also love how some of you have started with this idea that all of a sudden DAOC wasnt just another MMO, all it did was take what existed in previous MMOs and place it into restricted zones and that idea has been evolved into something new since then thus making it OLD AND OUTDATED.

See what I did there? I took your exact words and applied it to the other side of the argument because all that you said applies to everyone. The DIFFERENCE here is that those like me, are talking about an god damn RPG IP being turned into an MMORPG that is NOTHING LIKE THE RPG WHEN IT COULD BE MADE THAT WAY.

SWG, open world, open world PvP, close to TES in nature and had a HIGHER POPULATION than DAOC at its peak. There is NO OMG RVR WAS THE UBER LEET MOST POPULAR THING EVAR to go by here.

The point is and always WILL BE that they are making TES into DAOC when it SHOULDNT BE DONE THAT WAY, it should be just like TES and it CAN BE MADE THAT WAY.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Originally posted by Mackeh

Another game fail, honestly these devs should do their homework, WOW did open world where you could go anywhere in that world, it was immersive and real to your character.  This game will suck without the immersion of world pvp, half the fun is questing while keeping an eye out for the enemy and being ganked is part of the experience.

wow is more carebear than daoc, way more carebear

Originally posted by Mackeh

Thats a great post.  What games are you talking about that do open world PvP with great success and don't suck?