Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO Petition, Make Tamriel Seamless.

Comments

• MollowMollow Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    Originally posted by Distopia
    From an RP perspective given the lore for the MMO, exploring other zones (enemy territory) wouldn't make sense at all to me. Considering that this is more or less a racial war.

Well from an RP perspective if that holds true then the game should have absolutely no cross-over of races in enemy teritories. No Khajit wandering traders, no Breton merchants with shops in Skyrim, no Elves in High Rock....if the game has ANY race from ANY other faction except the 3 faction races then that shows the factions are simply a gme mechanic and not somethint do with lore...i.e. they made this lore up to fit the game rather then making the game fit the lore.

The problem here is having factions being hard coded into race. Remove the factions from race, make joining a faction a choice, make exploration of the entire continent available to everyone and only put restrictions in place when someone decides to get involved in the war (I would prefer the world to remain without invisible walls still and just have it so you are KOS in enemy lands if you have joined a faction).

The problem here is that they seem to want to force PvP onto everyone. Sure you don't have to actually go to the PvP zone but the effects are far reaching and seep over into the PvE side of the game. That is essentially my issue with their design. Lack of freedom to choose freely and the fact it is for purely PvP reasons.

You want true RP... roll up an Orc who's entire family was wiped out by Bretons/Redguards during the fights, who hates them with a passion and see's any Orc who joined the faction as a traitor to the entire Orc race and is allowed to join another faction to kill these traitors.

That is what the game should allow. That is what the game doesn't.

Good idea as well.

In any case we will see how it actually turn out in beta or when the game launches. Im looking forward to it nonetheless.

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by PyrateLV
    Originally posted by asrlohz
    Originally posted by immodium

The thing is ESO will be using this megaserver technology (1 giant server). How can you segregate PvP and PvE? Could of worked if you had multiple servers.

TBH I didn't watch the youtube video, however I'm guessing it's from the PoV of a PvP'er.

They will be making one area(Cyrodiil) of itself for PvP, much like GW2's WvWvW, however I would prefer it if you wandered into someone elses territory, except Cyrodiil, that they'd be able to attacked you. (However, flagging themselves for PvP as well, allowing you to attack them as well.)

Edit: Fair point however, the megaserver might require them to remove that kind of PvP and cater to the PvP:ers among us by adding a designated PvP Area.

Only partially true.

Yes PvP will only be in 1 zone. Cyrodiil. However, its really more than 1 as Cyrodiil (and the rest of the gameworld) will be Mirrored. So you will have multiple versions of Tamriel each tuned the players own playstyle.

So you could have 10 different Cyrodiils running PvP for 10 different playstyles that you get to choose from

10 different PvP playstyles? Like Capture the Flag or defuse a bomb? :)

Isn't it just multiple instances of Cyrodiil because of overflow?

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by PyrateLV Originally posted by asrlohz Originally posted by immodium The thing is ESO will be using this megaserver technology (1 giant server). How can you segregate PvP and PvE? Could of worked if you had multiple servers.   TBH I didn't watch the youtube video, however I'm guessing it's from the PoV of a PvP'er.
    They will be making one area(Cyrodiil) of itself for PvP, much like GW2's WvWvW, however I would prefer it if you wandered into someone elses territory, except Cyrodiil, that they'd be able to attacked you. (However, flagging themselves for PvP as well, allowing you to attack them as well.)   Edit: Fair point however, the megaserver might require them to remove that kind of PvP and cater to the PvP:ers among us by adding a designated PvP Area.
    Only partially true. Yes PvP will only be in 1 zone. Cyrodiil. However, its really more than 1 as Cyrodiil (and the rest of the gameworld) will be Mirrored. So you will have multiple versions of Tamriel each tuned the players own playstyle. So you could have 10 different Cyrodiils running PvP for 10 different playstyles that you get to choose from

Nope."Campaigns"

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by Mollow
    From an RP perspective given the lore for the MMO, exploring other zones (enemy territory) wouldn't make sense at all to me. Considering that this is more or less a racial war.

Well from an RP perspective if that holds true then the game should have absolutely no cross-over of races in enemy teritories. No Khajit wandering traders, no Breton merchants with shops in Skyrim, no Elves in High Rock....if the game has ANY race from ANY other faction except the 3 faction races then that shows the factions are simply a gme mechanic and not somethint do with lore...i.e. they made this lore up to fit the game rather then making the game fit the lore.

The problem here is having factions being hard coded into race. Remove the factions from race, make joining a faction a choice, make exploration of the entire continent available to everyone and only put restrictions in place when someone decides to get involved in the war (I would prefer the world to remain without invisible walls still and just have it so you are KOS in enemy lands if you have joined a faction).

The problem here is that they seem to want to force PvP onto everyone. Sure you don't have to actually go to the PvP zone but the effects are far reaching and seep over into the PvE side of the game. That is essentially my issue with their design. Lack of freedom to choose freely and the fact it is for purely PvP reasons.

You want true RP... roll up an Orc who's entire family was wiped out by Bretons/Redguards during the fights, who hates them with a passion and see's any Orc who joined the faction as a traitor to the entire Orc race and is allowed to join another faction to kill these traitors.

Good idea as well.

In any case we will see how it actually turn out in beta or when the game launches. Im looking forward to it nonetheless.

I wanted this as well, however I doubt they'd allow it. But better than nothing, aye? Let's hope that all the singleplayer elements we adore will be implemented.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    Too late, they won't be making any major changes now. Tweaks and bug fixes only from here on in.

Damn you and your realistic view points!

But I suppose you're right, however maybe they will consider it as a subject of change in the feature, aye?

that's quite "mission impossible" as well... once you've created an architecture of how the game works and how the server handles the game you can't just go and change the basic grounds on which the game is built on. It would require alot of work and I doubt they'll want to do it, sadly

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

The thing is ESO will be using this megaserver technology (1 giant server). How can you segregate PvP and PvE? Could of worked if you had multiple servers.

TBH I didn't watch the youtube video, however I'm guessing it's from the PoV of a PvP'er.

They will be making one area(Cyrodiil) of itself for PvP, much like GW2's WvWvW, however I would prefer it if you wandered into someone elses territory, except Cyrodiil, that they'd be able to attacked you. (However, flagging themselves for PvP as well, allowing you to attack them as well.)

Edit: Fair point however, the megaserver might require them to remove that kind of PvP and cater to the PvP:ers among us by adding a designated PvP Area.

Only partially true.

Yes PvP will only be in 1 zone. Cyrodiil. However, its really more than 1 as Cyrodiil (and the rest of the gameworld) will be Mirrored. So you will have multiple versions of Tamriel each tuned the players own playstyle.

So you could have 10 different Cyrodiils running PvP for 10 different playstyles that you get to choose from

Playstyles as in RPers who PvP or Hardore PvPers or Casual PvPers or foul mouthed little douchbag PvPers

You can choose which type of people you like to pay with

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Nitth

Nope."Campagins"

Interesting. I'll have to go and find out more.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Too late, they won't be making any major changes now. Tweaks and bug fixes only from here on in.

But I suppose you're right, however maybe they will consider it as a subject of change in the feature, aye?

Only is true if the upcoming beta is beta 2 or not. Major changes can be made during beta 1...but not going from zoned crap to open world. Major changes can still be made but will not be because large companies are closed minded and beta testing has become pure crap filled with people that believe they are powerless consumers.

I eagerly await another game to either quickly fall to F2P to save itself, or actually see another mediocre game survive with a low playerbase...before going to F2P.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

Maybe im just not a jerk. I don't understand why u hae to go to the other factions area. The only possible reason to do so is to gank newbs. That is why u can only enter pvp zones and not the other sides pve zones. I for one hate when im questing in an mmo with levels which eso will have, and i get ganked by a max level and camped when im a 10 or a 20 . Its not fun its just a pain in the ass and it never leads to full grown world pvp , 

The people who do that kind of ganking just run with players there own level show up to defend to poor newb so what really is the purpose to being able to go to the other sides zones. U can still go to pvp areas to do pvp so unless u just wanna gank newbs or not roll a character on both sides there is no reason to go there. 

Originally posted by kalinis

Maybe im just not a jerk. I don't understand why u hae to go to the other factions area. The only possible reason to do so is to gank newbs. That is why u can only enter pvp zones and not the other sides pve zones. I for one hate when im questing in an mmo with levels which eso will have, and i get ganked by a max level and camped when im a 10 or a 20 . Its not fun its just a pain in the ass and it never leads to full grown world pvp , 

The people who do that kind of ganking just run with players there own level show up to defend to poor newb so what really is the purpose to being able to go to the other sides zones. U can still go to pvp areas to do pvp so unless u just wanna gank newbs or not roll a character on both sides there is no reason to go there. 

I'll be honest, It's more because I've always loved being able to just wander around the world. And I really just create a character and stick with it. Often I engage in RP as well. Problem is that the restriction does no one any good except the dev team. I suppose that resources are still a factor, but their company is worth 1.2 billion dollars. If this feature helps them keep a ton of players that would be great.

Also, I haven't quite seen it since WoW. Maybe I haven't been looking hard enough.

Originally posted by jtcgs

Only is true if the upcoming beta is beta 2 or not. Major changes can be made during beta 1...but not going from zoned crap to open world. Major changes can still be made but will not be because large companies are closed minded and beta testing has become pure crap filled with people that believe they are powerless consumers.

I eagerly await another game to either quickly fall to F2P to save itself, or actually see another mediocre game survive with a low playerbase...before going to F2P.

"Beta Tests" are a joke now-a-days.

They are just for the Devs to test server loads and for the public to get a free trial before the public release.

Almost no one is actually interested in helping them "test" and the Devs arent really interested in your "input" as nothing will really ever change.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Being able to invade would be nice.  I think like in GW2 areas should be level limited and players in those areas would temporarily down-level.  That way you can't have an unfair noob gankfest but instead can have some serious invasion stuff where everyone can participate. 

As long as the enemies can't bind in enemy territory and either must be rezzed or walk way far back, then it's not like it would become a constant nuisance.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    I wonder if people would have loved Skyrim as much if 12 year olds were ganking them every 2 minutes.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

"Beta Tests" are a joke now-a-days.

They are just for the Devs to test server loads and for the public to get a free trial before the public release.

Almost no one is actually interested in helping them "test" and the Devs arent really interested in your "input" as nothing will really ever change.

Maybe they'll change their minds if a ton of people sign this petition? Could do some help atleast.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Maybe im just not a jerk. I don't understand why u hae to go to the other factions area. The only possible reason to do so is to gank newbs.

Or, maybe, I dont know...because they are using an IP for this MMO that is open world and an MMORPG can be made open world...so we see this as just being one in a long line of changes being made by developers that appear to be doing nothing more than making a sequal to an average game with OLD OUTDATE DESIGNS and needed a more popular IP to do it with?!?

Also, they changes that are meant of VASTLY limit the game in ways that do not need to be done.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

What do you mean by seamless? Free of loading screens? All terrain loaded up seamless as you go?

Is TESO 64 Bit with minimum RAM requirement 8 GIG or so? then it might work..

If you mean the game mechanics regarding factions.. boy I hope they don´t pull off the same BS like Bioware with SWTOR.

What a joke not being able to go to other faction areas.

Thank god for Age ofConan, my new saviour for open world PvP in a massive world

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Maybe im just not a jerk. I don't understand why u hae to go to the other factions area. The only possible reason to do so is to gank newbs.

Or, maybe, I dont know...because they are using an IP for this MMO that is open world and an MMORPG can be made open world...so we see this as just being one in a long line of changes being made by developers that appear to be doing nothing more than making a sequal to an average game with OLD OUTDATE DESIGNS and needed a more popular IP to do it with?!?

Also, they changes that are meant of VASTLY limit the game in ways that do not need to be done.

Also, maybe some of the players just dont want to join any of the 3 Factions or take part in the War and just want to adventure and experience the Whole World of Tamriel

Please, do extend your thoughts. What else do you believe they are limiting?

• MollowMollow Member Posts: 66

My reason is just for the sake of exploration and character immersion.

I agree with the fact that ganking is possible when opening up every zone for every player, that's why the idea have to be tweaked a bit.

However, the way the world restriction is set up now, as described by the developers, is no gamebreaker as I see it.

Also, maybe some of the players just dont want to join any of the 3 Factions or take part in the War and just want to adventure and experience the Whole World of Tamriel

I would really like a neutral "Faction". A choice to not be a warrior, just an adventurer.

Originally posted by Mollow

My reason is just for the sake of exploration and character immersion.

I agree with the fact that ganking is possible when opening up every zone for every player, that's why the idea have to be tweaked a bit.

However, the way the world restriction is set up now, as described by the developers, is no gamebreaker as I see it.

Well, basically the thought behind it is that if you decide to enter a hostile territory you will be flagged for PvP. If you encounter an enemy, whom is not flagged for PvP you will not be able to engage him in battle unless he unflags or/and attacks you.

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911

I feel that Tamriel should be seamless, if this is not possible then at least we should be able to travel the world on one character.  Not everyone likes making alts and it isn't fair to expect them to create and level 2 different alts in order to see the world.

While I would've love to have some type of wPvP, I want this option for PvE/exploration purposes.  IF PvP was added in then I would prefer to have a system in which people would flag themselves for PvP.  They would have to flag themselves "FFA wPvP or "Facton wPvP" to fight other players outside the AvA center stage.

I think the lack of full exploration (and even freedom to choose your faction) is a horrible direction for this game.  I would support Zenimax if they needed to take another year to make these changes.  I would rather see a complete game with the correct systems than an incomplete game that no one would be happy with.

Disclaimer:  Everything I said is my own opinion.  I don't mean to offend anyone here and would love to talk about it, but I kindly ask that we do so in a civil manner.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

All very good points, I agree I'd have preffered something like the above or SWG (with no boundaries in place); or atleast a mordrid type of server. I also agree that they seem to want PVP to be the main course of the game. Which I don't mind, but it is an odd choice for a TES game.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by sapphen

I feel that Tamriel should be seamless, if this is not possible then at least we should be able to travel the world on one character.  Not everyone likes making alts and it isn't fair to expect them to create and level 2 different alts in order to see the world.

While I would've love to have some type of wPvP, I want this option for PvE/exploration purposes.  IF PvP was added in then I would prefer to have a system in which people would flag themselves for PvP.  They would have to flag themselves "FFA wPvP or "Facton wPvP" to fight other players outside the AvA center stage.

I think the lack of full exploration (and even freedom to choose your faction) is a horrible direction for this game.  I would support Zenimax if they needed to take another year to make these changes.  I would rather see a complete game with the correct systems than an incomplete game that no one would be happy with.

Disclaimer:  Everything I said is my own opinion.  I don't mean to offend anyone here and would love to talk about it, but I kindly ask that we do so in a civil manner.

This is exactly what I want with TESO. That the game caters to everyone. We all play The Elder Scrolls in our own little way. I always go stealth and play as a Dunmer and explore rather than kill. We all have our own playstyles, I don't think that making the game an MMO should have to restrict some of us.

Of course, this is also a personal opinion. But I think that we all have our own reasons to why we'd want the whole continent to be free of restrictions.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by sapphen

This is exactly what I want with TESO. That the game caters to everyone. We all play The Elder Scrolls in our own little way. I always go stealth and play as a Dunmer and explore rather than kill. We all have our own playstyles, I don't think that making the game an MMO should have to restrict some of us.

Of course, this is also a personal opinion. But I think that we all have our own reasons to why we'd want the whole continent to be free of restrictions.

Plain and simple, if the games caters to everyone it will end up pleasing no one. There will be too many compromises and it will end up pissing people off

My opinion here.