Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] ArcheAge: Jake Song On Teaming with Trion

123457»

Comments

• Dimsum1337Dimsum1337 Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Sounds like great news! Trion has proved that they can do smooth game launches with Rift and are generally considered to have a favourable reputation with regards to customer service. Can't wait to hear who will be doing distribution in Europe, and more importantly if IP locking for regions will be in place. Yes, I am looking at you TERA, cause I hate you! 
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Trion is a triple A company with a sterling reputation.  I honestly would not have asked for a different publisher, were the decision mine to make.

This bodes well for the future of this game, and I for one am far more excited now than I was when I heard the game was going to release stateside.

Great news all around.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    wow this is promising! I kinda lost interest in Rift, but still respect what they and Trion have done in a relatively short period of time.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Im very happy that AA finaly come to west, Trion or not.

Now, i just hope they dont start with that bull**** of "westernizing" (whatever is spelled) and keep the game like it is (good or bad, no idea atm but have some hope for good)

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365

I happy now but im guessing others have seen that its not pure sandox (which i'm glad for), but this seem (so far) to have the right blend/mixture)...  

Seeing as this is still in beta and alot of mmo coming out this year, I think its best to position this to launch early next year.  No need to rush and that 30 lv tutorial can be over maybe within a day or two, depending on pacing (which i think is critical)...

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740

Actually Torvaldr does play Rift and is very active on the Rift Forums and is known for his thoughtful and constructive posts there.

As for TRION, they are going through a period of upheaval at the moment with major changes to their customer service team. Extensive staff lay offs and Scott Hartsman (Original Executive Producer of Rift) leaving the company.

• FallguyArmyFallguyArmy Member Posts: 80
    Trion this, Trion that. They first need to release the game and maintain it properly (i.e. avoid making ridiculous changes) and then maybe, just maybe, we'll give the praise they deserve. Maybe I'm just cynical after having so many overhyped games fall hard in the past years, and so all the more reason to be more cautious even if an upcoming title seems like it could potentially be successful.
  • LizanteLizante Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by firefly2003
    Originally posted by vtravi
    Hmm 30 levels of tutorial. How many players are gonna quite before they get through the tutorial. I only need about an hour to figure out how a game works. This seems excessive

May seem excessive to some but remember there are plenty of people that will probably need it since the MMORPG genre went down hill since WoW there aren't that many bright players these days.

It's nearly 4AM here and I literally  laughed out loud at this.  Sad but so true.  And too many of those "bright ones" are focused on getting to max level like yesterday.

"Flowers?  Chill and smell the flowers?  I DUN CARE bout no F'in flowers!!"  LOL

• Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537

This is very good news, however I REALLY hope they don't "westernize" the game any further than translations. Pretty much all western (typically American) MMOs are aimed towards impatient little punters who want everything instanced and fed to them on a plate with as little player interaction as possible.

ArcheAge seems to be an MMO that is based around player interaction, which is what an MMO should be. Please don't cater the English version towards American players. If so, many gamers won't end up staying subscribed for longer than a month.

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

i liked archeage since i saw the first beta videos. i thought it will be a nice surprise.

now with trion involved? its my new mmo hope.

i may played no more than 6 months rift but it was well enough to realise how serious they take their games and their player base.

now i m really on about it :)

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Better than teaming wiht NCsoft.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    I really, really hope the combat is fun and with some "action" feel to it

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !