Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

*Solo Challenge* for the hardcore players:P

AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
Making a challenge since i hear people say everything meant for a single player in this game is a cake walk.. i'd like to see someone with a 20 or so level character get the skill point just north of the Blasted Moors Waypoint in the Diessa Plateau zone solo.. there are no champions at all no group event.. i'd just love to see someone get that alone. or better yet take out the treb at the top of the tower

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Comments

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    you're shitting me right? the SP beneath the ghost haunt with all them cannons? yea baby, i got that shit alone with all but my engineer. it's especially cake on a warrior. your average plaer might not be able to...but it's certainly nothingt hat requires more than 1 skilled player.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Rthuth434
    you're shitting me right? the SP beneath the ghost haunt with all them cannons? yea baby, i got that shit alone with all but my engineer. it's especially cake on a warrior. your average plaer might not be able to...but it's certainly nothingt hat requires more than 1 skilled player.

i'd just like to see someone do it alone.. i have done it many times with friends but not alone.. and just watched several try it alone and got stomped.. i'm also talking with a level 20 not a downleveled 80

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

well MSI AB crashs my pc. gonna try to DL fraps and do it on the worst solo class....engineer. hell, might actually fail. it was certainly not a big deal on my warrior, ranger, guardian ore necromancer.
    well MSI AB crashs my pc. gonna try to DL fraps and do it on the worst solo class....engineer. hell, might actually fail. it was certainly not a big deal on my warrior, ranger, guardian ore necromancer.

that is also if you can find it empty.. many times theres still a lot of people over there.. or even better challenge would be taking out the Treb at the top of the tower solo

....need to wait for all mobs to respawn. diessa plateau has seen a resurgance in player activity on my server in the past month.
    ....need to wait for all mobs to respawn. diessa plateau has seen a resurgance in player activity on my server in the past month.

yea same i was there at an odd hour yesterday helping a friend get the SP and then saw several getting destroyed trying to get to the top of the tower(not sure what for) so i tried to get up there alone later on and died with my mesmer.. thinking warrior would probably be a bit easier since they dont need all the room like my mesmer does

bleh. people keep on popping up when i'm killing them...anyways, i kill the veteran mage frist. the two fighters are easily dispatched as well as the oozes. like i said...most average peopel may not be able to solo it but a savvy player can.
    bleh. people keep on popping up when i'm killing them...anyways, i kill the veteran mage frist. the two fighters are easily dispatched as well as the oozes. like i said...most average peopel may not be able to solo it but a savvy player can.

i'm sure many people could do it just i found it somewhat hard with my mesmer:)

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

worst solo class engº ?! idk who is nab here?, it was my main and after playing so long with pve easy class necro i return to my loved engº;

Sure its very hard to master as engº and the class really needs 2 weapons as all other classes, cause almost all kits sux at this moment, but m8 i can even solo L82 WxWxW full upgraded camps, with my eng (but not with necro), its very powerful and every day i like it more and more .

ANET tried to broke the class to the ground since the jughernaught nerf, but still i love my charr eng.

I got bad luck cause i made 2 L80's and both are the most broken class's around to pvp (necro and eng), necro its cause it fails lots of skills all the time with that stupid bug (obstruct or miss even at close range skills as blood is power, deathly swarm reaper's touch, spectral grasp, actually this last one fails to land 90% in pvp), so i got full from necro and so many issues with the class.

About OP SkillPoint with an L20 it could be really dificult, i never tried with a L20.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Making a challenge since i hear people say everything meant for a single player in this game is a cake walk.. i'd like to see someone with a 20 or so level character get the skill point just north of the Blasted Moors Waypoint in the Diessa Plateau zone solo.. there are no champions at all no group event.. i'd just love to see someone get that alone. or better yet take out the treb at the top of the tower

I agree, this is very hard SP. Facing 3 enemies (if I remember right) one of them is Veteran Elementalist, dealing insane damage. I never sicceeded solo at low lvl. Never tried it with 80lvl too, will go now and check ;)

Originally posted by mazut
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

I agree, this is very hard SP. Facing 3 enemies (if I remember right) one of them is Veteran Elementalist, dealing insane damage. I never sicceeded solo at low lvl. Never tried it with 80lvl too, will go now and check ;)

the ghost cannons and trebs don't make things any easier either

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

The easiest way to increase the solo challenge is to tackle content 1-5 levels higher than you are. I started leveling up a Warrior last week and I've been pushing the content as much as possible. Having fun doing so and definitely improving my skills playing the profession more quickly than I would otherwise.

IMO, downscaling works pretty well at keeping things interesting, I still make mistakes and get killed with level 80s doing much lower level content, but it's clear that on level content is mostly tailored for the "average" player. I think the balance is pretty solid, as I hear almost as many complaints about soloing being too hard as I get that it's too easy. (Most people don't complaing either way, so many of us seem to find the balance fine).

I don't find any of this out of the ordinary for an MMO that doesn't force people to group in order to level. On level difficulty is what I have come to expect and doing content a little higher in level can provide the added challenge.

Now, I would love a feature where level 80s could toggle an "expert mode" to make lower level content even tougher, (by steeper downscaling), in exchange for better rewards, but short of that, things are pretty much where they should be.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by fiontar

The easiest way to increase the solo challenge is to tackle content 1-5 levels higher than you are. I started leveling up a Warrior last week and I've been pushing the content as much as possible. Having fun doing so and definitely improving my skills playing the profession more quickly than I would otherwise.

IMO, downscaling works pretty well at keeping things interesting, I still make mistakes and get killed with level 80s doing much lower level content, but it's clear that on level content is mostly tailored for the "average" player. I think the balance is pretty solid, as I hear almost as many complaints about soloing being too hard as I get that it's too easy. (Most people don't complaing either way, so many of us seem to find the balance fine).

I don't find any of this out of the ordinary for an MMO that doesn't force people to group in order to level. On level difficulty is what I have come to expect and doing content a little higher in level can provide the added challenge.

Now, I would love a feature where level 80s could toggle an "expert mode" to make lower level content even tougher, (by steeper downscaling), in exchange for better rewards, but short of that, things are pretty much where they should be.

You can successfully go up against mobs as much as 10 levels higher than you.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    If you are looking for real solo challenge do SE story and exp solo. My guildmate did it, got pics..
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Got it on my warrior when I was downleveled but it was still kind of hard, though I didnt die.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Another one that was really hard to solo was the one in Kessex Hills in the Dank Cave being guarded by the Vetern Centaur and several other mobs.  Took me like 3 times to get it on my level appropriate Warrior. 

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    ..., guardian ore necromancer.

Why did I get this image of someone in plate armor bringing rocks back from the dead...

Oderint, dum metuant.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    i think the hardest SP to get is the lvl 10 one in Queensdalejust north of the ranch.  When you click the chest it spawns one elite and two regular bandits.   Doing this solo at lvl 10 is damn near impossible.  IMO, the elite bandit hits like a truck and mops the floor with me.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I did solo the Skill Point in Diessa Plateau today with my Level 23 Warrior. My gear at the time was 17-20, but I'm sure the 3 levels helped. (Too bad the challenge was issued when I was still 20)! I also made it to the top of the tower solo, with a full field of trebs, cannons and ghosts when I started. Really knowing the game definitely helps a lot. I know that during the first month I got destroyed there a few times and actually I was putting that area off this week until I could tackle it with a friend. The challenge is the reason I gave it a shot. :)

I don't think this disproves the point that there are some difficult challenges in the PvE world. It just shows that there is a high skill cap to this game and really, really getting the combat in this game and becoming very experienced at it can make a huge difference vs. facing the game fresh.

I have an Engineer and a Necro who aren't level 20 yet, so I'll have to give it a try @ 20 on each, just to see how much difference the Warrior profession and the extra 3 levels made.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

My Ranger is capable of soloing most of the open world stuff in this game, a few story mode paths, and one explorable mode dungeon path.  I can solo just about every Champion MOB (along with any adds they have, including ones guarded by Veterans) and a good amount of Legendary MOBs.  Obviously ones that require more coordinated teamwork like Priestess of Lyssa, Grenth, and Melandru are impossible, but it's not difficult to solo in this game.  By comparison your solo challenge is very easy (yes, even at level 20), in fact 100% completion of map on your own (minus the WvW maps which depends on your server) is quite doable with just about any build and profession as long as you make good use of dodge and your utilities.  If you'd like a video of it done I could provide one, or a video of much harder solo challenges.

I do know the area you are talking about.  There is a jumping puzzle there that is quite tricky to get to too.  It's guarded by loads of cannons and trebs.  Simply just dodge whenever you see a red circle at your feet and take your time clearing out the siege and ghosts before working your way up.