Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall - One of the Worst MMO's I have played.

iamthekilleriamthekiller Member Posts: 93

It's just so boring and uninspired...I couldn't find a single redeeming quality to the game...

Small and generic looking world....

Terrible custimization and terrible progression....

There was barely anyone even playing, a totally free open beta weekend and nobody is even giving a dried up turd...

Public quests that barely ever cycle around, I spent 20 minutes jumping around looking for somethign to shoot..

Figured out the only content is 2 public quests and resource calldown crap...

Couldn't get a pvp match, but judging from the PVE and the way the game plays in general..I'm sure I missed nothing.

Definately one of the worst and most boring MMO's I have ever played.

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Ya I was rather disappointed with it too. And I paid for the beta access while back thinking it would be decent.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

OP - One of the Worst Post's I ever read

Terrible custimization? The game has one of the most diverse crafting systems I have ever seen. You can make truely unique items.

Figured out the only content is 2 public quests and resource calldown crap... You figured wrong. Add to this that invasions happen a dynamic way and you can end up in scenarios the devs never dreamed of.

but judging from the PVE and the way the game plays in general..I'm sure I missed nothing Eh, the game already have one of the most poslished control schemes i have ever seen in a fsp, and it playes really well. PvP is entertaining and fun. TO bad you did not get a match.

TBH, I think you had made your mind up before playing, which is ok, just dont go drag a beta through the mud just be course it di not fit you.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Dragging games through the muck is kinda what we do here :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    i dont really play beta weekends. ever.
  • iamthekilleriamthekiller Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by hfztt

Terrible custimization? The game has one of the most diverse crafting systems I have ever seen. You can make truely unique items.

Figured out the only content is 2 public quests and resource calldown crap... You figured wrong. Add to this that invasions happen a dynamic way and you can end up in scenarios the devs never dreamed of.

but judging from the PVE and the way the game plays in general..I'm sure I missed nothing Eh, the game already have one of the most poslished control schemes i have ever seen in a fsp, and it playes really well. PvP is entertaining and fun. TO bad you did not get a match.

TBH, I think you had made your mind up before playing, which is ok, just dont go drag a beta through the mud just be course it di not fit you.

Granted I didn't play enough to get into any crafting...from what I could tell you could only craft consumables and stuff...Maybe if I suffered through this garbage for long enough I could farm mats by doing the same calldown stuff over and over but why would I?

Fair enough, Dynamic huh...all I know is I played for sometime and nothing happened except some random mobs attacking a base with no rhyme or reason...

I just don't think playing an fps type game with a measely few guns is gonna satisfy most...def wouldn't satisfy me. I would just go play a real fps that has good controls AND many different guns. Oh and one you can actually get a match in because people play it.

TBH, you can think whatever you like! The reason I went to the trouble of dling and installing the game was because it looked interesting...sadly it's the furthest thing from interesting. I'm not sure how I dragged anything through the mud either..I made no mention of bugs or crashes...as far as stability goes it was wonderful. But to me that's probably because barely anyone was playing.

• GreenKnight1776GreenKnight1776 Member Posts: 57

You don't like the game, your opinion is "it's boring and uninspired." I just played for an entire weekend and thought it was more fun than a barrel of monkeys. Did I think it was perfect? No. But I sent in a crash report, and will be offering suggestions for them to improve the game. Which of us is "right"? (Here's a hint: it's not me & it's not you.) 

Your post was more of a "I HATED it, it was just AWFUL. OMG I could not stand it. Worst game EVAH!" Which is more of a rant. Nothing wrong with that, but don't get offended when someone points that out. 

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    You could also just consider it for what it is, I wouldnt cal it an MMO just a multiplayer shooter.  So many games have gone this route and called themselfs MMO;s.
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

You're not wrong, OP. It is terrible. People will never understand that just because they have coders, managers, money to burn and a company to make the game doesn't mean the game IS good. They're clueless when it comes to FPS gaming. It's almost saddening.

It's a shame. It COULD'VE been good, but they're really going in the wrong direction.

• GreenKnight1776GreenKnight1776 Member Posts: 57
    Originally posted by wormed

You're not wrong, OP. It is terrible. People will never understand that just because they have coders, managers, money to burn and a company to make the game doesn't mean the game IS good. They're clueless when it comes to FPS gaming. It's almost saddening.

It's a shame. It COULD'VE been good, but they're really going in the wrong direction.

Constructive criticism, with at least one example on what you think FPS gaming should be, and why Firefall isn't, and how it might improve...this isn't...

At least the OP made his rant believable.

Trolling. I fall for it every time but it can be fun sometimes.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    I have given many constructive criticisms on their main forums. I've had beta access since it was only accessible twice a week. Their problem is they don't listen to the people who HAVE a clue, and listen to their own egos. I don't need to be constructive here... this is MMORPG.com, not Firefall forums.
  • DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    I enjoyed the game a bit many months ago. Problem is there taking to long and interest is waining. I like the mining and crafting, also how you can customize your battleframe but the game seems to already be old news with no signs of ever being finished. They need to really hurry the F up or be left in the dust.
  • StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Playing too much beta has burned me out from this game. Didn't take more than a week or so. I doubt I will play at release as Defiance really seems to have better PvE.

I'd rather spend my money there

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663
    I really enjoyed Firefall the few days I played before the Darkfall beta. And thats comming from someone who hasnt said a positive thing in 400 posts.
  • snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

These are not the droids your looking,

These are not the droids Im looking for....

This is a good game

This is a good game......

• iaintevenmadbrehiaintevenmadbreh Member Posts: 6

i cant believe they employee 100 people? i mean wow was made with 100 people right? they have been making this game for 5 years and completly tanked it.

i fell for the pax DEMO but sadly what you see in the demo is the whole damn game still... nothing to do not a real good FPS compared to any real FPS, its a Terrible MMO they have a horrible leveling system,

the item customization is terrible only because the game has the most limited progression  ever.

the one thing that is sad about it.... it has (or had) massive potential

i really was pulling for firefall to be big and go theright direction but they listen to their 20 regualr forum members and make the game based off of people who are crying on the forums.

• LanceCLanceC Member UncommonPosts: 55

Picked it up a through a beta weekend key I found here. Having a fun so far. Crafting is where is could shine the brightest, in my opinion.  The pvp could really be very fun if more maps were added that had objectives. 

Needs more Juan Rico and lightsabers. xD

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Back when I first got into closed beta (a year ago, perhaps?) I thought it was quite fun. The graphics were good, the combat was fun, the world was quite beautiful to look at.... HOWEVER...

Aside from the leveling system changes, the game simply hasn't improved at all. The same quests are there, the same weapons are there, performance has actually gotten worse somehow...

They are focusing far too much on their stupid 'e-sports PvP', and the PvE side of things is suffering greatly for it. It's taking far, FAR too long to implement changes, fix bugs, fix server issues, etc.

For example, all there was to do a year ago after completing the initial quests (if you don't PvP) was to grind for resources to craft gear. Okay cool, it's beta, and the crafting is decent. I tested for about a month, got drawn into other things and stopped playing regularly. Right after the progression revamp I logged in to check out the changes... and all there is to do after the handful of initial quests is to CRAFT GEAR. The map is the same, the weapons are the same, the classes are the same. In fact, they removed features I enjoyed about the game, such as character customization (which sucks now) and the ability to switch classes & level them independently (which was a HUGE thing for me).

One year of time, and almost no progress to the point of near regression. I'm sorry, but if I were an investor on the project I'd be lighting a fire under somebody's ass. Releasing 'when it's done' is all well and good, but if there are no deadlines or milestones enforced you end up with another Duke Nukem Forever.

And we all know how that turned out.

Red5, get your fucking asses in gear.  You are wasting time, money, and (arguably most importantly) community goodwill with your lollygagging.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Originally posted by apocoluster
    Dragging games through the muck is kinda what we do here :)

No no it's not, it's just what some posters do ...and I think sometimes they just do it for kicks.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

May I ask for clarification here? You can craft an item in game that nobody, I mean nobody else can craft?

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Originally posted by iamthekiller

Terrible custimization and terrible progression....

I rather enjoy it. It's got potential.

Here's an example of progression and customization, for 1 class:

Those are the battleframes you can unlock for the Assault class, which are sort of "specializations". You start with the first one and unlock skills/battleframes with XP. Each of those has one of these below which contains skills/passives/weapons/gadgets:

Did you just miss all that or do you really think it's as bad as you say?

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

May I ask for clarification here? You can craft an item in game that nobody, I mean nobody else can craft?

Once u get to the tier 2 battleframes u can 'make' the items u unlock.  That is to say a slightly better version of the items u unlock with slightly different stats depending on what resource u use..   Really not sure how this counts as the most diverse crafting system the poster has ever seen, guess he's stuck to themepark games.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by iamthekiller

Granted I didn't play enough to get into any crafting...from what I could tell you could only craft consumables and stuff...Maybe if I suffered through this garbage for long enough I could farm mats by doing the same calldown stuff over and over but why would I?  U can improve the gear u unlock from tier 2 onwards by crafting a better version

Fair enough, Dynamic huh...all I know is I played for sometime and nothing happened except some random mobs attacking a base with no rhyme or reason...   it's still closed beta so u shouldn't expect a lot of content yet.  Having said that they do seem to be slow in adding things.

I just don't think playing an fps type game with a measely few guns is gonna satisfy most...def wouldn't satisfy me. I would just go play a real fps that has good controls AND many different guns. Oh and one you can actually get a match in because people play it.   Whilst i'm currently having a bit of fun in firefall I describe it as a not very good console shooter and as u said there are better options

TBH, you can think whatever you like! The reason I went to the trouble of dling and installing the game was because it looked interesting...sadly it's the furthest thing from interesting. I'm not sure how I dragged anything through the mud either..I made no mention of bugs or crashes...as far as stability goes it was wonderful. But to me that's probably because barely anyone was playing.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    i prefer global agenda over this.   Didnt have much fun at all, especially in pvp where EVERYONE was a medic because was/is so OP.
  • shamallshamall Member CommonPosts: 516
    I was hyped about firefall but its been in beta forever and plus games like Defiance are comming out soon giving Firefall some real competition in the third person shooter mmo market.

The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Originally posted by Swanea
    i prefer global agenda over this.   Didnt have much fun at all, especially in pvp where EVERYONE was a medic because was/is so OP.

I agree with the PvP being a medic-fest.  Quite the turn-off for me, but what little of the PvE was implemented is fun.  Maxed out 3 t2 battleframes with best printer gear and didn't have much left to entertain me besides getting in some Baneclaw runs.  I enjoyed the game, but it needs a good deal of work before I would consider spending $, and it seems like they are taking sweet time with meaningful updates.

This discussion has been closed.