Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Developer Diary: The World of Agon

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Darkfall: Unholy Wars world lead Nikos Kasolos gives us a sneak peek at the transformed world of Agon in DFUW in this latest dev diary video.

The video focuses on Agon's new and improved graphics, environmental audio, and content. Be sure to check it out below!

Find out more about Darkfall: Unholy Wars.

Comments

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308
    Game is awesome. I recommend you should all buy it. 

Hi

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    "See you all in game!" in 2 years. ;]
  • JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308
    Originally posted by QSatu
    "See you all in game!" in 2 years. ;]

He means that the game is so good you'll be playing for a minimum of two years.

I echo his sentiment. 

Hi

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    PVP is sooooo sexy.
  • tiagotbp190tiagotbp190 Member Posts: 28
    This game will be EPIC, im waiting release in steam.
  • rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Uhhhh... These are strange comments considering publically available feedback on paid beta. 
  • kromikromi Member Posts: 2
    This will be best PVP game ever! Don't get fooled by those couple crying DF1 "vets" that are now feeling bad because they can't be uber superoverpoweredmulticlasselites anymore ;)
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    What a beautiful world!

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• TwitchnTwitchn Member Posts: 33
    get your macros ready!!!!!
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by lorddarka
    [mod edit]

Haha... what? Darkfall has fluff? 

And it has a ton of content, player driven content. The kind that never runs out. 

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089

The world doesnt look good to me. I dont like its artsstyle at all. Looks like a cheap korean game, made in 1 month.

And that indian guy (obviously from his dialect-no he cant be greek) told the biggest bullshit i ever heard this year. I wont recommend  anyone this game.

Originally posted by exile01

The world doesnt look good to me. I dont like its artsstyle at all. Looks like a cheap korean game, made in 1 month.

And that indian guy (obviously from his dialect-no he cant be greek) told the biggest bullshit i ever heard this year. I wont recommend  anyone this game.

First, what does it matter where he's from?

Second, it's very clearly a Greek accent. 

Third, what is this lie of mythical proportions you speak of?

Fourth, that's nice, who cares? Darkfall was one of the only successful MMOs of the last 7 years. It'll do fine without your recommendations. 

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

Fourth, that's nice, who cares? Darkfall was one of the only successful MMOs of the last 7 years. It'll do fine without your recommendations. 

Wait you just said darkfall was succesfull !!! I think every other f2p korean crap game had more success and income that darkfall 1. And lets not forget-DF1 SHUT DOWN. If it was so succssfull it wouldnt shut down!

80% of the comments here are how bad DF2 is. So you want to tell me DF2 is successfull too?

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879
    you guys have been Tasos'd again
  • EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879
    Darkfall was one of the only successful MMOs of the last 7 years

I really got to hear how you define successful.

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    A truely stunning and immersive game filled with the most vile elitist asshats in MMO history

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• StofftierStofftier Member Posts: 93
    Biggest question as allways with aventurine,why is he talking so often over new content but shows 0 of it.
  • samfortalsamfortal Member Posts: 13
    is all game about boredoom or there is some action?

Wait you just said darkfall was succesfull !!! I think every other f2p korean crap game had more success and income that darkfall 1. And lets not forget-DF1 SHUT DOWN. If it was so succssfull it wouldnt shut down!

80% of the comments here are how bad DF2 is. So you want to tell me DF2 is successfull too?

Originally posted by Ecoces

[mod edit]

DF2 isn't out of beta yet, so if you want to discusss how "successful" an unlaunched game is, be my guest. And this particular forum has always been filled with people who despised Darkfall, even before DF1 came out. 

And DF1 was not shut down, it transitioned into DF2. 

As for how success is defined... when AV started, they were a 20 man company working on a shoe string budget with no publisher. Yet they still managed to release one of the most technically impressive MMOs to date. 

They went from 20 employees to (currently) 50-60, moved into bigger offices, released boxed versions of the game, opened a second server, and had enough profit to fund a full overhaul of the game. 

Meanwhile, other MMOs are merging servers, firing staff, bankrupting partner companies, and losing players. 

• RandomDownRandomDown Member UncommonPosts: 145

[mod edit]

DF2 isn't out of beta yet, so if you want to discusss how "successful" an unlaunched game is, be my guest. And this particular forum has always been filled with people who despised Darkfall, even before DF1 came out. 

As for how success is defined... when AV started, they were a 20 man company working on a shoe string budget with no publisher. Yet they still managed to release one of the most technically impressive MMOs to date. 

They went from 20 employees to (currently) 50-60, moved into bigger offices, released boxed versions of the game, opened a second server, and had enough profit to fund a full overhaul of the game. 

Meanwhile, other MMOs are merging servers, firing staff, bankrupting partner companies, and losing players. 

Then why did they allow InternetQ to invest so heavily into their company? Why be beholden to another entity besides themslves if they were able to fund DFUW so easily with their evidently enormous bankroll from DF?

There is no need to allow such a significant investment from an outside entity if the company really is that flush with cash. Taking on debt from a loan would be a wiser decision since they don't have to answer to the creditor in any fashion except their payments.

Originally posted by RandomDown

[mod edit]

Then why did they allow InternetQ to invest so heavily into their company? Why be beholden to another entity besides themslves if they were able to fund DFUW so easily with their evidently enormous bankroll from DF?

There is no need to allow such a significant investment from an outside entity if the company really is that flush with cash. Taking on debt from a loan would be a wiser decision since they don't have to answer to the creditor in any fashion except their payments.

Aventurine delayed Darkfall by 3 years just waiting to find a publisher that wouldn't interfere with their design decisions. (almost every publisher tried to get them to add in instances and remove the FFA PVP) 

That was before they were making ANY money at ALL. 

Are you honestly trying to imply that they were so hard up for cash after Darkfall 1 launched that they essentially gutted their company to a third party that would ruin their product? 

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

The world of Agon, IMO, has always been the best MMO world.  It's huge, varied, beautiful, dark.  Combined with FFA full loot, it offers an atmosphere, matched by only a few.

I don't like some of the design decisions that AV has made about some things, but the world of Agon will hold a special place in my heart.

• RandomDownRandomDown Member UncommonPosts: 145

That's not at all what I'm implying. The fact is the terms that internetQ has for liquidating their investment could strike a major blow to them, and it wouldn't be wise to put yourself in that position if you didn't have to. Tasos is great at making promises and not always delivering what he promises, if at all. And the fact that they made the investment based on a specific set of assumptions in regards to them, there was no reason to give such preferential terms unless you needed the money.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by rmk70
    Uhhhh... These are strange comments considering publically available feedback on paid beta. 

I had just checked the date of this column before I saw this post.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    you guys have been Tasos'd again

First true comment. :)

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation