Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Repopulation: Player Housing Detailed

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

The Repopulation's player housing feature has been unveiled in an update to the game's official website. As the update explains, housing seems to be making a comeback in contemporary MMOs, though developers are often having to choose between instanced or open-world player housing.

This won't be the case for The Repopulation, however, as Above and Beyond Technologies will look to implement instanced player housing, open-world player housing, and even player city housing.

Get the nitty-gritty details over at the official The Repopulation website.

Comments

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Looks promising.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I know that I have said that I would never get excited for a new game again, but...I'm excited for this one. Everything that I like in an mmo is in this game.
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I WANT. 

I love housing. 

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    It's actually the first mmorpg since years that really peaked my intrerest again. Really hope they are able to deliver.
  • ElijarhElijarh Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Give me a beta invite already!! :)
  • PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    This game is looking better all the time

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Impressive work.  I like the design.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Looks good, hope they are not biting off more than they can chew,
  • NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626
    I could play this purely for the housing.
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I remember not so long ago it was up to a small group of us here to carry the banner for housing in these games, but that seems to be changing (which I can only be glad about).

Funny how popular opinion flows and ebbs in the gaming world :)

• sirsammy33sirsammy33 Member Posts: 64
    i wish was in beta )
  • SaintWalker44SaintWalker44 Member UncommonPosts: 80

Sadly, this games 'housing' can't compete with ArchAges, its not even close.

All Will Be Well.....

• lavosslayerlavosslayer Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by SaintWalker44

lol saw that one coming a mile away...

Originally posted by SaintWalker44

Sadly? Hey at least they are putting an effort into implementing housing. Unlike many other games that wont add it or say that its too hard.

Its still far and above the housing in games like LOTRO

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    I like the way there's going to be different types of housing. I'm not personally interested in instanced housing but some people are. However, there will be player city and open world housing too so that will keep me happy.......as long as I can afford it of course. :)
  • BlakheartBlakheart Member UncommonPosts: 8
    was excited when  uo housing  was mentioned...but then they talked about instanced housing. No diff than lotro...etc. Lost  all interest. If it  isn't like uo housing....then  it really isnt open world housing. No way around  that. Wrong of them to even try to compare with uo housing...because this is in no way related to that.
    Originally posted by Blakheart
    was excited when  uo housing  was mentioned...but then they talked about instanced housing. No diff than lotro...etc. Lost  all interest. If it  isn't like uo housing....then  it really isnt open world housing. No way around  that. Wrong of them to even try to compare with uo housing...because this is in no way related to that.

Only 1 of the 3 housing options is instanced. The other 2 are open world.

Might want to actually read ALL of the info before you jump to a misinformed conclusion