Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll- This might be the most stable mmorpg client I've played on.

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I know, I know words like, best, ever, and most brings them out around here, but dangit, it's true.

Through 2 betas, about 2 months of play (heavy play, you guys know me.) I've crashed 2 times. Once because I had two games open and tried to DL another on this amd P4...  

edit- forgot 0. Write it in please!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• Godshelp12Godshelp12 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    edited August 2015
    [Delete]
    Post edited by Godshelp12 on
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Godshelp12
    There's no "None" option? :/

damnit!

• Sicc1Sicc1 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    I have never crashed once and have not experienced any lag or anything at all.

Darkfall - Sick
    Earthrise - Sick

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Well, it's not really a brand new game, it's been in Beta in the Asia for awhile now. So, it's really more of a playtest rather than a beta, it's barely even a closed beta. Anyone who wants to can play it.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    All I know is I tried downloading it a couple times and it stopped at 3.2 gigs and wouldn't download anymore, on two separate occasions. Was enough to stop giving a shit about this game.
  • DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by Aviggin
    All I know is I tried downloading it a couple times and it stopped at 3.2 gigs and wouldn't download anymore, on two separate occasions. Was enough to stop giving a shit about this game.

Great idea, lets introduce random variables and blame the game for everything. 

I didn't pay my light bill and now I have no light and I can't play Age of Wushu without light. Screw this game. 

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Originally posted by DarkfallFanatic

I didn't pay my light bill and now I have no light and I can't play Age of Wushu without light. Screw this game. 

Yes, because that is an accuracte correlation to what he said.  I have two friends who also tried to download the game.  But after 13 hours downloading it at 86kbps, both of thier downloads froze.  They both consequently gave up also.

I am currently playing the game, and while I enjoy much of what the game has to offer.  It has a lot of issues as well.  From everything from extreem PTWin capability to the WORST in game events I've seen in 14 years of MMO gaming.   What the dev's were thinking with these "events" is beyond me.

"Hey guys, lets put an NPC in game for an hour and a half a day.  And have it give out gift bags every 5 min to 10 players.  Any player who gets 5000+ gift bags gets a skillset!!  Awsome event!!!"   

Any game studio that is actually encouraging people to make 100's of alternate accounts in order to actually compete a stupid event like this is full of tosspots.  And no, I'm not exaggerating here.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by ragz45
    Originally posted by DarkfallFanatic

Yes, because that is an accuracte correlation to what he said.  I have two friends who also tried to download the game.  But after 13 hours downloading it at 86kbps, both of thier downloads froze.  They both consequently gave up also.

I am currently playing the game, and while I enjoy much of what the game has to offer.  It has a lot of issues as well.  From everything from extreem PTWin capability to the WORST in game events I've seen in 14 years of MMO gaming.   What the dev's were thinking with these "events" is beyond me.

"Hey guys, lets put an NPC in game for an hour and a half a day.  And have it give out gift bags every 5 min to 10 players.  Any player who gets 5000+ gift bags gets a skillset!!  Awsome event!!!"   

Any game studio that is actually encouraging people to make 100's of alternate accounts in order to actually compete a stupid event like this is full of tosspots.  And no, I'm not exaggerating here.

Oh that's what you mean about "events."  Yeah that type of stuff doesn't click with me.

The daily/weekly stuff is top notch. The unlocking of the second internal skill was sweet too.  These things are something all mmorpgs should look to add in some form. I have a feeling that I will miss the A LOT if they aren't.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Yeah Dling the game was a pain, I first tried DLing the one large file option, didn't work, then I dl'd the part files, first two attempts were broken, my third attempt worked.

Can't say I regret spending so much time to get it to work, great game IMO aside from the monetization woes.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Never had a crash, and if i may add the performance of the engine is rly top notch too, no fps drops or stuttering like  in other recent mmos i played even  in big citys with many players onscreen.