Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Imagine if your misclick triggered a 2,800 person battle.

LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Basically, someone misclicked and jumped their great big ship into a pile of hostiles. Enemies pounced on it so he called back up... then the enemies called back up... and so on, and so on.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
"Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

Eve is pretty awesome from where I'm sitting. Which is not playing. Are all of these guys masochists?

Anyway, I watched vid and...nevermind.  Read the story; someone explain "bridged". I get everything that happened except that part: he meant to "bridge" not jump.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• haplo602haplo602 Member UncommonPosts: 253
    oh how I miss the game ....
  • haplo602haplo602 Member UncommonPosts: 253
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Eve is pretty awesome from where I'm sitting. Which is not playing. Are all of these guys masochists?

Anyway, I watched vid and...nevermind.  Read the story; someone explain "bridged". I get everything that happened except that part: he meant to "bridge" not jump.

a titan class ship can create a jump-bridge to a beacon that ships can travel through. basicaly somebody in lowsec lighted the beacon, the titan pilot instead of creating the bridge (so other ships can jump) initiated a jump to that beacon with his ship.

• khelbonkhelbon Member UncommonPosts: 124

Oh wow. That is just freaking epic.

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    I was there, and it was not even playable because of the lag and 10% tidi >_<

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Personally I thought it looked rather boring but then again I don't care much for PvP nor do I care about scifi.  To each their own I suppose.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    haha that looks crazy..
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    830 billion ISK in ships gone, wow. That must be in the region of $20000 in PLEX.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Here's a link to a Reddit discussion on it, which includes some pretty interesting* overview from Kiresays:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/17d2lv/massive_2800_player_battle_in_eve_online_took/

*Azzamasin, don't click it. It's about PVP and sci-fi. You won't find it interesting.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    The stats are pretty epic but that video is kinda boring... I am sure it was fun if you were there though.
  • DigironoDigirono Member Posts: 86
    The lag there must have been insane, but as always, something from EVE is epic. 

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Vesavius
    The stats are pretty epic but that video is kinda boring... I am sure it was fun if you were there though.

I find most PVP videos are far, far less interesting than the actual PVP experience itself. A video of a Shadowbane city siege or Lineage 2 castle siege video would bore me to tears, but they were some of the most amazing battles I've ever been in.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

I find most PVP videos are far, far less interesting than the actual PVP experience itself. A video of a Shadowbane city siege or Lineage 2 castle siege video would bore me to tears, but they were some of the most amazing battles I've ever been in.

Oh yeah, for sure. Tbh watching other people play has never been my thing, which is part of the reason the whole streaming/ esports thing leaves me cold. It's a cool story tho.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

I never cared for watching video of the fights either.  Being a combatant though is a blast.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

things like this keep EvE going, let hope there is a WAR

BestSigEver :P

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Yeah I just read about that.

One of the reasosn Eve is such a great game.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Here's a link to a Reddit discussion on it, which includes some pretty interesting* overview from Kiresays:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/17d2lv/massive_2800_player_battle_in_eve_online_took/

*Azzamasin, don't click it. It's about PVP and sci-fi. You won't find it interesting.

I bet people didn't bother clicking through :-) I saw the post when it came out on reddit. Very nice pics.

Album: http://imgur.com/a/jJJE1/layout/grid#0