Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Unchained: F2P Option Retooled

13»

Comments

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    So I have to sub and buy an xpac then keep sub to use the xpac content...... Sorry every other game once you buy the xpac you always have that content for your account. Sounds like a ripoff. AoC had a horrid launch but I went back a couple times when they gave me a free month and messed around. It has gotten slightly better but seems a lot more empty.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by dancingstar

Heh, see the AoC launcher has finally stopped advertising pre-order for TSW.

I chuckled at that last I saw it.  I figured the patcher was broken and showing old ads.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • troublmakertroublmaker Member Posts: 337

These changes are very welcome.  End game is just made up of 3 classes.

Also while you're leveling even if you purchase a dungeon pass... no one does dungeons because no one else has a dungeon pass.

Great changes, might level a toon up again.

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

Hmmm, i bought this but stopped playing after the initial 1st month (might have subbed for a 2nd month, carnt remember), the game had not gone F2P back then but there was hardly any players in game, you was told to skip group missions and bypass dungeons as you would not get grouped for them, i did try a PvP server but there was teams of gankers hanging round the portal area's and camping so you could not do anything.

After weighing up all that i figured at least 80-85% of the game was lost just there, nobody i knew stayed, people i happened to meet (3 players) all stopped playing i guess i just simply stopped too and have never looked back at it.

My question is what is the community like thesedays, ok so its F2P, but is there a monthly subscription option (like a hybrid game) using that gives everything (no need for item shop use but you do get free coins too) or is it item shop only?

• imaginaimagina Member Posts: 104
    It's still not enough for me to go back playing this, when they get rid of monthly fee for "AA" experience and first 3 tier raids i might reconsider it.
  • troublmakertroublmaker Member Posts: 337
    Originally posted by Manestream

Hmmm, i bought this but stopped playing after the initial 1st month (might have subbed for a 2nd month, carnt remember), the game had not gone F2P back then but there was hardly any players in game, you was told to skip group missions and bypass dungeons as you would not get grouped for them, i did try a PvP server but there was teams of gankers hanging round the portal area's and camping so you could not do anything.

After weighing up all that i figured at least 80-85% of the game was lost just there, nobody i knew stayed, people i happened to meet (3 players) all stopped playing i guess i just simply stopped too and have never looked back at it.

My question is what is the community like thesedays, ok so its F2P, but is there a monthly subscription option (like a hybrid game) using that gives everything (no need for item shop use but you do get free coins too) or is it item shop only?

Even before this change you received a free mount that was useable in all mount riding locations.  Most of the item's shop things are very aesthetic... although there are some XP boosts in there.

Premium membership makes it easier to level, you get offline levels.  Premium membership gets you access to dungeon content, you have to buy expansions to access them in the first place.  Even without premium membership you can also specifically get a dungeon pass.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

Currently, I am in TSW finishing up some quests and dungeons I skipped over. I plan to move on and come back after more content is added.

I was thinking about checking out AoC again in a month or so. I wish that they gave access to those who bought the last xpac. But, oh well. I'll still check it out.

Now, if they made AO B2P with their cash shop? I would be divorced. lol

I know people hate Funcom, with good reason, but I love that they always try something different. I'm drawn to it and feel as if I should support companies that try different things.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    I grabbed my copy of TSW for $15 on sale and have only put in a couple of hours but when AO went F2P I really enjoyed going back to it. I played it in beta and release for 90 lvls or so.FC may fail at launches but they do a decent job when they retool it to bring in people. Unfortunately not very happy with AoC still.