Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Some more information about Archeage Prison system

2»

Comments

  • KendaneKendane Las Cruces, NMPosts: 225Member

    Heh it would be fun to threaten the jurors and if they still vote me guilty have me guild destroy their house and steal everything they own, and do the best to make an example of them.

    Then again I'm not a PvPers and always prefer being a goody goody so I will never do that probably. I do wonder if people are just going to be button mashing guilty/innocent to get back to what they were doing though. I also wonder if the risk is worth the reward then. I mean, you make someone miserable by corpse camping them 50ish times or stealing their stuff, then you go watch tv for an hour and a half, repeat. Guess we will have to wait and see.

  • CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Minneapolis, MNPosts: 532Member
    Originally posted by Lokero

    Well, the system sounds fun, if nothing else.  But, I can't help but question the evidence in this.  How does the evidence work?  Is it just stated as recorded fact that these crimes were committed by you?  Is there no possible doubt?

    I mean, if the game presents evidence with your nametag on it, then there's not really much you can do to defend yourself in a trial :p  Unless your account gets hacked and someone else logs on your character, then it's pretty obvious you are guilty.

    So, if I stole 30 trees, and someone collects the footprints, does it simply go on my record as indisputable fact?  "X has stolen 30 trees" and is it presented that bluntly and matter-of-factly to the jury?  I'd love to hear more about how that works from one of you guys more in tune with it.

    Yes, it is recorded as indisputable fact. You may escape jail time by being found innocent, but eventually despite any bribery or coercion of the jurors you will find yourself an outlaw. A forest or 3 later.

     

    So you better have a good story for the jurors, explaining why you were forced to chop down all those trees, shear those sheep and pick all those strawberries... The BAD mans made me do it, the BAD MANS!

  • tom_goretom_gore TamperePosts: 1,796Member Uncommon

    Awesome system! I expect that the jail time only passes when you're logged in. Also it can easily be tweaked if the punishments are not harsh enough to keep crime at a reasonable level.

    A system like this will definitely piss off a lot of carebears, but luckily there are a lot of other games for them. Hopefully there still will be relatively "safe" areas so the game doesn't degenerate into DF-like PvP deathmatch arena.

     

  • craftseekercraftseeker kynetonPosts: 844Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by tom_gore

    Awesome system! I expect that the jail time only passes when you're logged in. Also it can easily be tweaked if the punishments are not harsh enough to keep crime at a reasonable level.

    A system like this will definitely piss off a lot of carebears, but luckily there are a lot of other games for them. Hopefully there still will be relatively "safe" areas so the game doesn't degenerate into DF-like PvP deathmatch arena.

     

    You really think this will "piss off a lot of carebears". As a rule care bears do not player kill, or steal, and so will not be going to jail.  It will be the gank-fest jerks that will go to jail (probably laughing at the token punishment).  If they raise the jail time to the point where it actually becomes an issue for the gankers it will piss them off not the "care bears".

    The major problem with the system as it is is the need to pick up footprints and blood drops.  This is an invitation for the gankers to stick around and kill anyone trying to do this.

  • bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,260Member Uncommon

    It's different, and that's good. It maybe ok. 

     

    Problems I see are,

    1. A "witness" to the crime has to pick up the blood or foot prints. Does that mean someone actually has to see the crime? 

    2. What does the "witness" get for turning in the evidence?

    3. 50 = 50 karma? I think that's what you said. That's a lot of killing and robbing before risk of punishment. This is coming from someone who will be the bad guy.

    4. If I really wanted to get back at pkrs, I wouldn't turn anything in, so they can not progress in their eviltry (is that a word?). "hahah bad guy you'll never make it to pirate island hahahah"

  • maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 SPosts: 510Member
    Originally posted by bcbully
    3. 50 = 50 karma? I think that's what you said. That's a lot of killing and robbing before risk of punishment. This is coming from someone who will be the bad guy.

     

    If i am not mistaken, each reported "murder" will give 10 karma points, so with 5 murders the player goes to trial.

     

     

    "What we are aiming in ArcheAge is to let the players feel the true fun of MMORPG by forming a community like real life by interacting with other players, whether it be conflict or cooperation." (Jake Song)

    image
  • maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 SPosts: 510Member
    Originally posted by craftseeker
    The major problem with the system as it is is the need to pick up footprints and blood drops.  This is an invitation for the gankers to stick around and kill anyone trying to do this.

    None griefer would have enough power to avoid players of near levels to pick the bloodprints.  They could do this only with instant kill or CC, but the more characters they kill, more bloodprints will be in the ground and eventually they all will be picked.

    "What we are aiming in ArcheAge is to let the players feel the true fun of MMORPG by forming a community like real life by interacting with other players, whether it be conflict or cooperation." (Jake Song)

    image
  • PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon UnkownPosts: 565Member Common
    Originally posted by bcbully

    It's different, and that's good. It maybe ok. 

     

    Problems I see are,

    1. A "witness" to the crime has to pick up the blood or foot prints. Does that mean someone actually has to see the crime? 

    2. What does the "witness" get for turning in the evidence?

    3. 50 = 50 karma? I think that's what you said. That's a lot of killing and robbing before risk of punishment. This is coming from someone who will be the bad guy.

    4. If I really wanted to get back at pkrs, I wouldn't turn anything in, so they can not progress in their eviltry (is that a word?). "hahah bad guy you'll never make it to pirate island hahahah"

    1. Anyone can pick them up as they come across them

    2. To see the criminal get messed with

    3. wut

    4. Right except of course there's thousands of other players, so that point is moot.

     

    You make conclusions based on nothing, you should be asking questions and saying 'i don't know' before making stuff up. How can you see 'problems' when you know nothing of the system or game? Far too many people do this, just say I don't know instead.

  • chaintmchaintm Chicago, ILPosts: 972Member
    Actually sounds cool, good payback, pay a guild 50bucks to pick on a rival guild for a few months, who wouldn't ? :) Still like the idea of going factional, but if they don't that's cool, I will definitly keep my eye on this one ,see what all the final details are in the Western Version (IE any changes if any).

    "The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

2»
Sign In or Register to comment.