Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO FPS/RPG with possible Crafting and Gathering

SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Hello everyone!

I am looking for some MMO FPS games with RPG components suchs as level or skill point attributes or unlockable perks, and if possible with crafting and gathering, though this is not essential.

At the moment I am playing Fallen Earth and its really good and very crafting oriented, but I am trying to find some new games for me and my friend to play.

Thanks!

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation

Comments

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

Well... I'm not familiar with Fallen Earth, but Vendetta Online definitely has FPS/TPS elements, along with gathering and manufacturing (read: post-industrial crafting).  The game is presently undergoing a Kickstarter, here is the most recent video (uploaded this morning):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UWdM8mbCOk

In it, John Bergman (creative director) talks about how a player can rise in rank through the military to achieve a kind of RTS level of control over the battlefield, eventually reaching flag-ranks that will allow one to direct coordinated strategic campaigns.  Resource control will definitely be a part of this.

Give the game a try if you are interested; it is an existing MMORPG that is looking to greatly expand its gameplay and userbase.  The dl is only 220MB, and there is a free trial attached.  If a sub fee waves you off, note the Kickstarter $50 tier presently includes 20 months of access to the game.  The devs are also considering a "Lite" subscription option for as little as $1 per month.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    +1 for both FE and VO. Very different games but both with fun gathering and crafting that play an important role, moreso in VO though. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre