Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long till Trion gets it done?

DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

How long till we see a NA/EU release?

I know they just got the deal, but Im wondering when they will be releasing for US.

Comments

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354
    It will take a few months to localize most likely, plus they need to move in servers, support staff, beta test, etc.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    2014 at the earliest
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    I'd say probably Q2 2014. Trion is quick to get their work done, but they also do it right, which means I have to be realistic about the timeline and account for at least one pushback for something they may want to perfect.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273

Sounds very pessimistic.

I'd say 2013, definitely.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it this summer, though I admit that is optimistic.

My fear was that they took a long time finding a publisher. But Trion has experience with Korean partners - and they already know about the Crytek engine - and are quite experienced with server technology and so on.

I see no reason it will take that long, especially since Jake Song and his crew have been preparing for the western audience since the beginning.

• SygrisSygris Member Posts: 26

2014? lol.

trion is aiming for a release later this year.

"Trion aims to launch the game later this year in North America, Europe, Turkey, Australia, and New Zealand."

source: http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/24/trion-to-publish-xl-games-massive-online-game-archeage-in-western-markets-exclusive/#EHJ77rD3og1pMjDQ.99

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Sygris

2014? lol.

trion is aiming for a release later this year.

"Trion aims to launch the game later this year in North America, Europe, Turkey, Australia, and New Zealand."

source: http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/24/trion-to-publish-xl-games-massive-online-game-archeage-in-western-markets-exclusive/#EHJ77rD3og1pMjDQ.99

Hope your right for all the people looking forward to this title.  However I am more realistic than that.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

XLGames already stated in the past that they are looking for a late 2013/early 2014 release (of course this may change). I want them to get it "right" so I don't mind waiting a bit. The only other major B2P or P2P MMORPG releasing this year is TESO... and maybe one other game; aside from that, not much else. I was fortunate enough to play ArcheAge during closed/open beta. I did enjoy my time, but they need a bit of polishing.

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Interesting. Not sure where I stand on this. I want them to get it right, but I also wanna play. :P

Thanks for the replies.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    They have already been working on the translation for awhile. Wont take that long. Probably see beta by mid-summer and launch near turkey-day or xmas. If that long. They seem to pushed this out fast after the last beta run.
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080
    XL began localization before they even found a publisher, and it sounds like Trion is working in conjunction with XL on localization now so that's going to make it go faster. I can easily see this game coming this year, as the year just began. My guess though is it definitely won't be in the next couple of months but to give a large window, somewhere between Summer and the Holidays of this year...Probably closer to the summer time though.
  • SaintWalker44SaintWalker44 Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by Valentina
    XL began localization before they even found a publisher, and it sounds like Trion is working in conjunction with XL on localization now so that's going to make it go faster. I can easily see this game coming this year, as the year just began. My guess though is it definitely won't be in the next couple of months but to give a large window, somewhere between Summer and the Holidays of this year...Probably closer to the summer time though.

Totally agree Valentina...

Otherwise, why in the hell would XL and Trion make this announcement if launch wasnt within a near future timetable?

Because they have nothing better to do?

These people saying 2014 are silly. They dont comprehend what type of work ethic BOTH of these companies exhibit. They think theyre just another substandard MMO company: read  BIOFAIL

All Will Be Well.....

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    I think theres a good bet you can see the game by the end of the year.  I dont see localization taking more then 9 months to be honest.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Trion said it'd be in 2013, we don't have to expect it years later in a much worse form, they aren't Aventurine.
  • ace9111ace9111 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    It will be 2013. There gonna be quick with it for one reason Blade&Soul.
  • DartimienDartimien Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by ace9111
    It will be 2013. There gonna be quick with it for one reason Blade&Soul.

I don't really think Archeage falls into the same category as this game, they service two very different player groups.

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by Valentina

I agree that's been in the works, it's only the end of January. My guess it's around summer. I highly doubt with XL and Trion at the helm it would take a whole year.

Love the website music..

http://www.archeage.com/en#index

• nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Sometime in 2014 at the earliest...IMHO....
  • ereyethirnereyethirn Member Posts: 79
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    2014 at the earliest

They states they were going to release it 'later this year'

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    How do we know that the deal hasnt been sealed with Trion for a few months and just not announced?  They may have been working on this for a while..  Perhaps its wishful thinking.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Q4