Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

just a thought for people buying guns

not sure if this was ever thought of but as far as people buying guns maybe there should be a law to go get a mental health check up before they can buy a gun. ya know a psych evaluation could be mandatory for gun owners to make sure they don't do anything stupid or harmful to others. 

i'm also well aware many people who commit crimes buy guns from other sources but some of the worst things that happen are not from just criminals. 

buying guns should have a age requirement sort of along some lines that you don't have a criminal record and have a mental health check up. 

my friend who has a gf and daughter owns some guns and when he told me this i told him DO NOT let his kid find those guns and he reassured me that won't happen however i told him accidents do happen.

he also tries to convince me to get a gun permit and i should get a gun myself but my first thought is i'm going to probably shoot myself in the foot on accident  so no guns for this guy lol.

PSN-SlyFox5679
Xfire-Slyfox5679
raptr-slygamer1979

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Psych evaluation !!... I'm good at them, I pass everytime and I'm crazy as a loon. I could eat them for Breakfast.

- Anyway, would you like to be stuck without a gun when all the bad guys still have them ?

- If things get bad, were talking real bad all the cops are gonna quit, so you better have a gun !

Beretta 92fs 9 mm is one of the most safest pistols to have ( many safty features ). In my opinion, make sure you get the fs  model, because its a semi auto with a pull back hammer. So unless you pull the hammer back manually the first shot with the trigger will be hard and all shots after that will have an easy trigger. This makes it safer because the FIRST shot has a hard trigger. The " fs " is important !

Better yet, if you really don't like guns because your afraid of shooting your self, get a 410 shotgun. I have one sitting at my garage door.  Its a Mossburg kids model pump action, so its very short and small.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    I really don't understand all of this gun control nonsense in response to the Newton shooting. Only an all out ban on guns for any reason would have avoided that tragedy. The guns he used were all bought legally in a state with some of the strictest gun control laws in the US by his mother. Even with stricter laws she most probably would have still been able to get the guns and the Newton shooting still would have happened. People are blaming the guns when they very obviously should be blaming the killer and his obvious mental health issues. This new gun control craze is nothing more than special interest groups taking advantage of a terrible tragedy and it's despictable to say the least.

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I think there are different levels of guns.  Sure some may require more stringent requirements, while others are more sports or training guns.  Pretty much anything smaller then a .22 caliber is not that life threatening.  If some restriction like that were in place, then I would definetly do it in stages.  Beyond a certain caliber an age restriction.  An even higher caliber a psych evaluation.  There are already significant checks and cost when getting anything overly dangerous.

To me the caliber of the weapon is alot more important then all the gadgets attached to it.  An automatic BB gun is not as dangerous as an anti-tank rifle.

One thing I would avoid are ban lists.  Those are just plain stupid and confusing.  Saying you cannot sell an AR-15 just means they will sell and AR-16.  Saying you can only sell a Glock creates a monopoly for Glock manufacturers.  A law should be a set of rules on certain implementations of weapons.