Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am extremely upset with how terrible the gaming community is...

LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223

I don't write long winded posts so forgive me. I like PoE and wish it well, but it is getting to the point that I can not handle it right now. The DDOS attacks are becoming very frequent and it is becoming a pain to even try and play. Some child out there is wasting their time wrecking other peoples times. I am extremely frustrated and really holding back from going on a rant about everything! Stop being so negative people, stop being inhuman, STOP BEING MEAN! 

If you do not like something say your say and make your peace then leave. Why DDOS? I have been DDOS'd on my stream and now a game I am trying to play is being DDOS's as well as their website. Whoever is doing this is a terrible person. I am sorry your life is so pathetic that this is the only way to get kicks. Get a job, get a friend, and get a life!

Agh.....I am soooooo frustrated.........AAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! image

Edit: DARN IT! I hate when titles have mis-spelling and now look! I AM SO FRUSTRATED I MISSPELT MY TITLE! 

Edit #2: I didnt spell check this so do not comment on spelling/grammar

Comments

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

noob I guess, what the hell is DDOS?

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

Denial of service attack. Basically, a script kiddy gets a code to make a bunch of computers ping the crap out of a computer or server and crash it or atleast that how I understand it.

I found out through streaming that people can get your IP through skype and perform this DDOS attack on you. It basically takes away your internet for like 3 minutes. It is really annoying when they do it over and over again. 

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Well I've been playing this game pretty much all the time for the last few days. I havn't experienced any connection issues.. sure there's a few idiots in the chat but there are idiots everywhere in life.. at the post office.. in the clubs.. on these forums.. in every MMO. People can talk about whatever they want.. hide global chat fixes everything. These DDOS attacks must just be on the US portal or something because I'm seeing no effect on the EU servers.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Well I've been playing this game pretty much all the time for the last few days. I havn't experienced any connection issues.. sure there's a few idiots in the chat but there are idiots everywhere in life.. at the post office.. in the clubs.. on these forums.. in every MMO. People can talk about whatever they want.. hide global chat fixes everything. These DDOS attacks must just be on the US portal or something because I'm seeing no effect on the EU servers.

Correct good sir, it is on the US server and I completely agree that the global chat is just rediculous and I turned it off after about 5 minutes. I am glad to hear that EU is doing well. I love the game, I just wish people would let it stand by it's own merit instead of trying to shut it down cause its better then some other game.

Originally posted by FuryV
    Originally posted by LadyEuphei
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

Denial of service attack. Basically, a script kiddy gets a code to make a bunch of computers ping the crap out of a computer or server and crash it or atleast that how I understand it.

I might DDOS you.

I do not take threats lightly. Please edit your post and remove it. It is not funny.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    I have found this game to be much more enjoyable with the chat option off.  About 90% of the posts are useless  and then someone chimes in and a chat war starts.  Its a trolls heaven in many ways.  Once I turned off the chat, the game experiene improved for me.  If I want a group, I can join one through the message board.
    Originally posted by sumdumguy1
    I have found this game to be much more enjoyable with the chat option off.  About 90% of the posts are useless  and then someone chimes in and a chat war starts.  Its a trolls heaven in many ways.  Once I turned off the chat, the game experiene improved for me.  If I want a group, I can join one through the message board.

Agreed, but I am worried about late game trading. How will it be possible other than just posting on the message board a group with a name that is a trade offer. Then the board will become cluttered and hard to navigate.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    for whatever reason many completely f2p games bring out the worst gaming scum of them all.. it's why i now generally avoid all those games from gpotato, ariagames, and such

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380

I don't write long winded posts so forgive me. I like PoE and wish it well, but it is getting to the point that I can not handle it right now. The DDOS attacks are becoming very frequent and it is becoming a pain to even try and play. Some child out there is wasting their time wrecking other peoples times. I am extremely frustrated and really holding back from going on a rant about everything! Stop being so negative people, stop being inhuman, STOP BEING MEAN! 

If you do not like something say your say and make your peace then leave. Why DDOS? I have been DDOS'd on my stream and now a game I am trying to play is being DDOS's as well as their website. Whoever is doing this is a terrible person. I am sorry your life is so pathetic that this is the only way to get kicks. Get a job, get a friend, and get a life!

Edit: DARN IT! I hate when titles have mis-spelling and now look! I AM SO FRUSTRATED I MISSPELT MY TITLE! 

I like you and i wish there were more people out there like you, but unfortunately there are some people out there that don't like seeing other people succeed.  It could be some random act of childishness or it could be something a great deal more malicious.  We don't know.  However, GGG is on top of it and all of this will be resolved pretty quickly.  They've done a great job thus far and they seem to be pretty darn intelligent so i don't see this lasting much longer, and we can get back to having a good time in Wraeclast.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Agreed, but I am worried about late game trading. How will it be possible then just posting on the message board a group with an offer for trade. Then the board will become cluttered and hard to navigate.

There is a seperate trade channel, which from what I've seen is only being used for trading (on EU) and is moderated.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    for whatever reason many completely f2p games bring out the worst gaming scum of them all.. it's why i now generally avoid all those games from gpotato, ariagames, and such

I strongly support indy companies. That is were the gaming industry started and that is where I see it going back too. I agree with no risk of losing anything since you can just remake an account for free, you end up with toxic communities, AKA league of legends.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

Agreed, but I am worried about late game trading. How will it be possible then just posting on the message board a group with an offer for trade. Then the board will become cluttered and hard to navigate.

Good point, I never considered this.  I hope when we get there that the situation improves.  I hope your issues get resolved, good luck to you and have fun in the game!

Originally posted by Vannor

There is a seperate trade channel, which from what I've seen is only being used for trading (on EU) and is moderated.

You sir, are a genious. I have never noticed that lol! Thanks for the info!

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

Hello Beautiful

Yes I can completly sympathszie with your situation. A lot of the time I find gamers to be quite mature and nice, but there are ones out there who just never seem to grow up out of the highschool stage. I've even seen grown men older then me (32) do the very thing as you described.

I really don't know what a person would get out of doing Denial of Service attacks and frankly it's not hard too do and doesn't really make anyone intellectually smart, the only thing it really does it make them look like a total jackass to everyone else. Including their friends.

I wish more gamers were like you. We need more of them like you around.

*hugs

-Trash

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

I blame Diablo 3 people in denail a good ARPG can exist and decide to feel the need to DDoS it in hopes it is stopped in fear it will over-take their game they spent so much time on.

Either way, I'm quite happy with the game and once DDoS is prevented and hopefully those causing it get caught and thrown in jail (which would be hilarious, most of those people are pretty pathetic and would likely be turned into a prison... Oh sorry off topic! :) ) and walla, we can have a great time playing a great ARPG, one that I'm happy to be running right next to a good game like Torchlight 2 in keeping the ARPG spirit alive while modernizing it, unlike another game that took a Modernized system and threw in ARPG elements roughly together with RMA in hopes of banking in crazy cash from people ontop of B2P.

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

I love the game so far and am U.S. I've played every day since 23rd (2-4 hrs a day) and only dc'd once and was playing today until maybe 2:00 pm est. and logged off.After reading of the DDOS attack's and the queue's I didn't log back in the rest of the afternoon.I'm hoping they have the problem straightened out later.

Other than this crap today the game is very stable for me.The community is bleh so far,I keep global off and even trade.I figure I'll turn trade on once at a high lvl.Tired of the D3 talk.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

Originally posted by trash656

Hello Beautiful

Yes I can completly sympathszie with your situation. A lot of the time I find gamers to be quite mature and nice, but there are ones out there who just never seem to grow up out of the highschool stage. I've even seen grown men older then me (32) do the very thing as you described.

I really don't know what a person would get out of doing Denial of Service attacks and frankly it's not hard too do and doesn't really make anyone intellectually smart, the only thing it really does it make them look like a total jackass to everyone else. Including their friends.

*hugs

-Trash

"doesn't really make anyone intellectually smart, the only thing it really does it make them look like a total jackass to everyone else" 

Completely true. I really wish alot of people would just put themselves in everyone elses shoes. I do not like being picked on so I refrain from picking on others. I am not guiltless of raging on someone in my gaming rage, but I try to apologize. I just hate how it seems the the gaming community is going backwards and not maturing.

Maybe I have not noticed it and it has always been this toxic. Maybe it is because I went from being anonymous to putting my self out there. Either way, I really hope things clean up and I can be proud to be a gamer again.

Originally posted by Purutzil

I blame Diablo 3 people in denail a good ARPG can exist and decide to feel the need to DDoS it in hopes it is stopped in fear it will over-take their game they spent so much time on.

Either way, I'm quite happy with the game and once DDoS is prevented and hopefully those causing it get caught and thrown in jail (which would be hilarious, most of those people are pretty pathetic and would likely be turned into a prison... Oh sorry off topic! :) ) and walla, we can have a great time playing a great ARPG, one that I'm happy to be running right next to a good game like Torchlight 2 in keeping the ARPG spirit alive while modernizing it, unlike another game that took a Modernized system and threw in ARPG elements roughly together with RMA in hopes of banking in crazy cash from people ontop of B2P.

I love this arguement, but even though it makes me laugh it just seems like the most practical explaination. I bet they would be a big prison.... off topc again. I love PoE do not get me wrong. I am raging on the community image

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Enjoying the game but as some have said global chat is filled with immature remarks and unrelated game comments , yes i    have to close or ignore the chat .

free games have the bad side of attracting the worst kind sometimes.

game just need mods to control this very simple i think 

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435

I am sorry to hear that you are having a rough time, personally for me, I logged in after they tweeted that the queues were gone and they had pre-warned me of some stablity issues that were remaining. In the 2 hours I played, enought to complete act 2 I got dc'ed three times. Once during the white beast and as sods law would have twice in the pyramid.

People are destructive, but I think this is a good thing to be honest for GGG because it helps gear them up against future issues such as this and I got to be honest, my hats off to them for they have been transparent about it from the get-go and because of their updates I have suffered very 'minor' issues.

But, I honestly don't know why these people like to DDOS things. I can kinda understand it when they are looking to put an ill-placed statement in play, such as when they attacked VISA which the whole wikileaks thing. I can understand their mentality, even though I don't agree with it.

But PoE is a game which is free to play with a passion for its game and community. So, I am trying to find out why they would do it against GGG. What do they have against the company and it's community. It HAS to be more than a D3 envy, because that is so stupid it would be inane to comprehend.

I play on the EU server, so I am not sure what its like on the US but things are steadily improving.

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012
    Had the company stated it is being DDoSed? because it is an easy fix to solve the problem. It may just be going down all the time because of open beta and them having more traffic than anticipated. Most releases are this way and have been for some time. 

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by Woopin
    Had the company stated it is being DDoSed? because it is an easy fix to solve the problem. It may just be going down all the time because of open beta and them having more traffic than anticipated. Most releases are this way and have been for some time. 

Yes, on their twitter feed. They were unsure to begin with but their hosts contacted with them saying it looked like an attack was going on. After a while they provided evidence through the data packets that person or persons were indeed hosting a DDOS attack.

Originally posted by Tsumoro

I am sorry to hear that you are having a rough time, personally for me, I logged in after they tweeted that the queues were gone and they had pre-warned me of some stablity issues that were remaining. In the 2 hours I played, enought to complete act 2 I got dc'ed three times. Once during the white beast and as sods law would have twice in the pyramid.

People are destructive, but I think this is a good thing to be honest for GGG because it helps gear them up against future issues such as this and I got to be honest, my hats off to them for they have been transparent about it from the get-go and because of their updates I have suffered very 'minor' issues.

But, I honestly don't know why these people like to DDOS things. I can kinda understand it when they are looking to put an ill-placed statement in play, such as when they attacked VISA which the whole wikileaks thing. I can understand their mentality, even though I don't agree with it.

But PoE is a game which is free to play with a passion for its game and community. So, I am trying to find out why they would do it against GGG. What do they have against the company and it's community. It HAS to be more than a D3 envy, because that is so stupid it would be inane to comprehend.

I play on the EU server, so I am not sure what its like on the US but things are steadily improving.

That is a very optimistic outlook you have their friend. I guess it is true this will help them be prepared for official launch. Atleast now they can brush it off as "oh it is open beta" even though we know behind their teeth they are saying "It is a bunch of a-hats fing everything up"

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361
    Originally posted by trash656

Hello Beautiful

*hugs

-Trash

"doesn't really make anyone intellectually smart, the only thing it really does it make them look like a total jackass to everyone else" 

Completely true. I really wish alot of people would just put themselves in everyone elses shoes. I do not like being picked on so I refrain from picking on others. I am not guiltless of raging on someone in my gaming rage, but I try to apologize. I just hate how it seems the the gaming community is going backwards and not maturing.

Maybe I have not noticed it and it has always been this toxic. Maybe it is because I went from being anonymous to putting my self out there. Either way, I really hope things clean up and I can be proud to be a gamer again.

I think you and me share the same mind, I don't know but I've found a lot of gamers lack empathy for others, or maybe its just people in our generation, but I completly agree with you. If people put themselfs in each others shoes more often i think a lot of the problems we have in the world today would be more understood by both sides. Gamers in general are disconnected with the real world, not all of them mind you, but in my experiance I do find that a lot of them are "socially retarded" if that makes any sense?

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    I was disapointed in the PoE community as well in beta...I've played alot of f2p games and have seen some terrible communities but this one was really bad......I dont know if its just the Diablo type of gameplay that makes players feel like they can be jerks or some other factor but this game really lent itself to alot of idiots.