Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playing again and having fun!

Comments

• pioneer08pioneer08 Member Posts: 76
    Originally posted by keithian

Originally posted by superniceguy
    Originally posted by Elevenb4
    Since F2P started, yes there are so many people on every planet. We have over 40 new people in my guild. At least 20 of them never played because all the bad posts people put. They all said they wish they would've started earlier not listened to the haters.

The game is good for a few months, and even at the start it was all postive with review scores at 8-9.5 / 10, but then after people played it for a few months that is when all the negativity started, as the game is a MMO and not a single player game.  If the game was a good MMO people would not have quit, which resulted in it going F2P

I bet a lot of people were really just waiting for F2P as opposed to "listening to the haters", and the constant drops in population (1.7 million to 1.3 million to [500k to 1 million] subs by EA) spoke louder than any negativity from "haters" and if so then those comments are being taken too seriously.

If the subs went up instead, I bet they would have played sooner.

If they started playing at F2P, then they will probably quit too in a few months, although If they are playing the game for free, then may play it longer, as costing nothing to play, and the restrictions slow down progression, but it still does not get the revenue that EA needs.

After playing Dragon Age again, it plays the same as SWTOR but without a monthly fee. Both DA and SWTOR are good, but DA wins as does not have a monthly fee, nor is restricited in any way, or better yet just play KOTOR.

If each class had their own side quests, then it would have been better, but once you have done two chars cobvering both factions, then a 3rd char is replaying 90% of the same content, and when you have to pay for it, it makes the sub fee too much, so hooray for F2P, where you can level up new toons in your own time, without feeling you are paying to play the same content.

Even if you like Dragon Age better which is a legitimate opinion, its like comparing apples to oranges. The games are barely  alike. Does anyone have any clue what this guy is talking about? 

Oh dont listen to him. Two glaring thing show what he is 1) His signature 2) His post history. He was wasted over a year bashing Swtor a game he doesnt play. When it 1st went f2p he posted the servers will be dead in a month. Well three months in servers full at peak times and after the next update and then the expansion the servers will still be healthy. He will just come up with some other excuse beside the truth that a lot of people enjoy swtor and it will be around for a long time. He usually just copy/pastes from other haters unfortunately this site does not do much to weed them out, but when you call them out watch how you do it cause they are quick to pounce on those that do.
  • noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by funcon
    OP is probably a Bioware dev trying to get people to play SWTOR.

That's probably the truest thing said in this thread.

• pioneer08pioneer08 Member Posts: 76
    Since F2P started, yes there are so many people on every planet. We have over 40 new people in my guild. At least 20 of them never played because all the bad posts people put. They all said they wish they would've started earlier not listened to the haters.

The game is good for a few months, and even at the start it was all postive with review scores at 8-9.5 / 10, but then after people played it for a few months that is when all the negativity started, as the game is a MMO and not a single player game.  If the game was a good MMO people would not have quit, which resulted in it going F2P

I bet a lot of people were really just waiting for F2P as opposed to "listening to the haters", and the constant drops in population (1.7 million to 1.3 million to [500k to 1 million] subs by EA) spoke louder than any negativity from "haters" and if so then those comments are being taken too seriously.

If they started playing at F2P, then they will probably quit too in a few months, although If they are playing the game for free, then may play it longer, as costing nothing to play, and the restrictions slow down progression, but it still does not get the revenue that EA needs.

After playing Dragon Age again, it plays the same as SWTOR but without a monthly fee. Both DA and SWTOR are good, but DA wins as does not have a monthly fee, nor is restricited in any way, or better yet just play KOTOR.

If each class had their own side quests, then it would have been better, but once you have done two chars cobvering both factions, then a 3rd char is replaying 90% of the same content, and when you have to pay for it, it makes the sub fee too much, so hooray for F2P, where you can level up new toons in your own time, without feeling you are paying to play the same content.

Even if you like Dragon Age better which is a legitimate opinion, its like comparing apples to oranges. The games are barely  alike. Does anyone have any clue what this guy is talking about? 

SWG and SWTOR is like comparing apples to oranges, but SWG and Dragon Age is like comparing Red Apples with Green Apples. SWG IS CLOSED ITS DEAD MOVE ON!!

SWTOR is the same game as Dragon Age, but SWTOR is a star wars sci-fi setting, and Dragon Age is fantasy. They both have story and dialogue choices, and companions.

Mass Effect is the same, and even closer as it is sci-fi based and the ship travel system is very similar too

I only said that DA / Mass Effect is better than SWTOR as it has a monthly fee or restricted F2P. If you take away the monthly fee or do not care about it, then all games are similar. SWTOR is bigger but its content is mostly copied and pasted whereas everything in ME and DA is all unique.  What is copied and pasted?  Im sorry you really should give some examples of your bogus statements.  DA/ME dont have OPS, Flashpoints, World Bosses that take 8+players, GTN (thats an auction hall for you since you dont play SWTOR), datacron hunting that some take more than one player to get.  I have told you multiple times why SWTOR is an MMO but you dont listen and just copy/paste your same garbage. 

SWTOR is not like any other MMO at all, and the quests you do are set to your own class, whereas in other MMOs, you can do practically every quest in the game. In LOTRO as a hobbit I could do quests on the elves side, plus the worlds are more explorable. SWTOR plays like Biowares single player games, and not worthy of a monthly fee, especially after a few months. First your main complaint about the Expansion (look at your history) was its not continueing the class story line.  Now SWTOR is not an mmo because each class has its own class story line?  Make up your mind.  And just an fyi anyone can help others in their class story, can you do that in Mass Effect or Dragon age?  Nope you cant.    

Oh for the love of god dude just stop with the hate towards SWTOR.  The game is fun a ton of people are enjoying it as an MMO and a very good MMO!! 

• dwarfusdwarfus Member UncommonPosts: 93

I am also back to SWTOR. Tried TERA-bad,  The Secret World, GW2, Path of Exile. Even re-subbed Wow got to 90 and said, why am I not playing SWTOR?! It is clearly more enjoyable than all of these.

And yet soooo much repeat hate about SWTOR. The best news for me is I'm not listening to the haters anymore. I'll just enjoy my game.

Bye bye haters.

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375

I'm also back and enjoying the game since it went ftp. Lasted  2 days at ftp before sub. I'm not a hardcore SW fan, even so it's a nice alternative to the fantasy games I also play. I like the cartel options allot of fun goodies. Zones have been packed and it's nice to see population no matter where you go. Wish the game continued success.

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

I have little problem with what they have in there, so it's always playable to me. I can just get hooked on a class story and keep on. And the combat isn't bad to me at all as far as your run-of-the-mill MMORPG combat goes. So I keep playing this on and off. It has some good characters in it and suspenseful, epic, funny moments.

What keeps bugging me is actually what they don't have in there. What they don't have in there happens to be a good part of what I'd like to see in a Star Wars MMO. Things like space exploration and trading, podracing, actual bounty hunting and smuggling, the option to become an outlaw with either or both of the factions, being able to get different abilities depending on what side of the Force you are (and how far - come on KOTOR had this!), some freedom in choosing what abilities you have and what armor and weapons you wield (KOTOR had this, too!), day/night cycles and weather system, atmospheric flight...

Playing Age of Wushu, I couldn't help but feel how well some of the features there would fit right into a Star Wars MMO. It has a working bounty system for Jabba's sake! And another system for kidnapping players!

Though of course, it is what it is now. I guess I'll keep checking in and playing now and again, all the while hoping for some smart moves that will make it feel like more of a Star Wars gameworld...

As I'll admit I'd still rather play this than most other MMOs out there at the moment.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by mikuniman

I'm also back and enjoying the game since it went ftp. Lasted  2 days at ftp before sub. I'm not a hardcore SW fan, even so it's a nice alternative to the fantasy games I also play. I like the cartel options allot of fun goodies. Zones have been packed and it's nice to see population no matter where you go. Wish the game continued success.

maybe the game would appeal to me if i wasn't such a hardcore star wars fan hmm i'm not usually a graphics whore but really when you compare the game i'm currently playing to swtor on a graphical level.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfs5hPhDkE8&t=2m10s.... again not trying to say game A is better than game B just have tried to rack my brain on how to enjoy this game but I hit a dead end everytime...  i try to keep out of these forums but seeing big old JJ getting the franchise going again got my star wars blood bubbling....

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

maybe the game would appeal to me if i wasn't such a hardcore star wars fan hmm i'm not usually a graphics whore but really when you compare the game i'm currently playing to swtor on a graphical level.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfs5hPhDkE8&t=2m10s.... again not trying to say game A is better than game B just have tried to rack my brain on how to enjoy this game but I hit a dead end everytime...  i try to keep out of these forums but seeing big old JJ getting the franchise going again got my star wars blood bubbling....

Well Aero maybe you just are more of a high fantasy person,over Sci Fi.Nothing wrong with that,I know I prefer high fantasy instead.

Or maybe try to just put Star Wars out of your mind and play the game without thinking about the lore (this may be hard to do).I was never a big Star Wars fan so it's been easy for me to get into the game and enjoy it,plus I'm seeing many more people than right after launch,it's a win win for me.Atleast for the better part of this year.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

Originally posted by Slappy1

Well Aero maybe you just are more of a high fantasy person,over Sci Fi.Nothing wrong with that,I know I prefer high fantasy instead.

Or maybe try to just put Star Wars out of your mind and play the game without thinking about the lore (this may be hard to do).I was never a big Star Wars fan so it's been easy for me to get into the game and enjoy it,plus I'm seeing many more people than right after launch,it's a win win for me.Atleast for the better part of this year.

actually i enjoy sci-fi more than high fantasy heh.. but i have tried putting star wars out of my mind while playing but then it defeats the purpose and even makes the game feel 100x worse for me.. really at a loss.. oh well:(

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• kueykuey Member UncommonPosts: 39

I'm not overly knowledgeable about it but if they made the graphics specs higher wouldn't it raise the bar in terms of system requirements? Considering that one of the problems they were having was the small server populations I would imagine that increasing the specs of the game might not be the best move for the game in general.

A shame that they're still heavily favouring Jedi/Sith classes. After playing each to 50 (except the Vanguard/Powertech) before I left I got to notice the class imbalances. I guess it makes sense from a business view that you would please the larger player base at the expense of the minority, it's just a pity for those who prefer to play non Jedi-Sith classes. Though I also suppose it makes sense from a lore perspective if the Jedi/Sith are stronger lol.

Originally posted by kuey

I'm not overly knowledgeable about it but if they made the graphics specs higher wouldn't it raise the bar in terms of system requirements? Considering that one of the problems they were having was the small server populations I would imagine that increasing the specs of the game might not be the best move for the game in general.

A shame that they're still heavily favouring Jedi/Sith classes. After playing each to 50 (except the Vanguard/Powertech) before I left I got to notice the class imbalances. I guess it makes sense from a business view that you would please the larger player base at the expense of the minority, it's just a pity for those who prefer to play non Jedi-Sith classes. Though I also suppose it makes sense from a lore perspective if the Jedi/Sith are stronger lol.

well if they had used a better engine or at least better version of the one they used that wouldn't be an issue.. there are tons of games out there MMO or not that look WAY better than swtor and run at much better fps. Granted when i played fps was never a big issue for me overall.. but i have a pretty decent gaming setup...

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455
    wish I could enjoy this game... tried coming back 3 times.. tried playing like it was just a single player game.. tried everything.. i just can't find a way to force myself to enjoy it... why try and force myself? it's STAR WARS obviously.. i'm as big of a star wars fanboy as they come which makes not being able to find any enjoyment from it even more depressing...:(

Funny, that was my experience with GW2.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by tiefighter25
    Originally posted by ktanner3
    Originally posted by tiefighter25
    Kuddos, may I suggest "l33t"?

I'm curious, what is the story behind writing it that way? 

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=l33t

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet

LoL, haxors!

also pwn instead of own.   This along with aLL uPPeR CaSe FoR CoNSoNaNTs and alternate spellings. . my old BBS handle was RePuBLiK.  RoXXXoRs!

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455

Really?  Really?  Really?  I think thats exactly what you're doing.  Nothing wrong with that, though.  I think SWTOR is better than GW2 because I have much more fun playing it.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    wish I could enjoy this game... tried coming back 3 times.. tried playing like it was just a single player game.. tried everything.. i just can't find a way to force myself to enjoy it... why try and force myself? it's STAR WARS obviously.. i'm as big of a star wars fanboy as they come which makes not being able to find any enjoyment from it even more depressing...:(

Same here. I bought GW2 after holding off for a month for the general concensus which was still positive at the time. I regret the purchase everytime I try to play it (it seems I'm reinstalling every couple of weeks only to get a level and uninstall all over again). Even with all it's new features I prefer GW1 over 2, but I'm afraid it may be shut down sooner rather than later.

It's good to see a lot of people are coming back and enjoying themselves in this thread, though. A nice change of tone from the usual forum posts here.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

yup  too restrictive , not enough choices

being F2P a year after launch,,(even faster than STO),and on HEAVY cartel support,,this is not a healthy game

the best part was companions,,i hope other games introduce those as well

imagine combining companion system with STO bridge officer system?

getting daily missions and reputation from companions? the possibilities are endless

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

I like how each time that I play I see people in chat asking about the subscriptions, and deciding they are going to get one (or people mentioning how they just got one).

The game is definitely doing well now that the initial "barrier" of having to spend money to get the game, and the thought of spending even more money on a subscription is no longer an issue.

People try it, fall in love with it, and subscribe - and if they ever lose interest, they know that they can still pop in from time to time without having to pay again.

I also like how all the Cartel stuff can be sold/traded in game - something I always thought GW2 and the Perfect World games did very well too.

Here's to hoping that Bioware's revenue matches my impressions and that they are finally making good money!

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by Draron
    Same here. I bought GW2 after holding off for a month for the general concensus which was still positive at the time. I regret the purchase everytime I try to play it (it seems I'm reinstalling every couple of weeks only to get a level and uninstall all over again). Even with all it's new features I prefer GW1 over 2, but I'm afraid it may be shut down sooner rather than later.It's good to see a lot of people are coming back and enjoying themselves in this thread, though. A nice change of tone from the usual forum posts here.
    Did you just say GW2 may shut down sooner or later? It's a very healthy game, I haven't played games much in the past couple months due to being busy and being off location (not at home) but I'd still be playing it and when I do log in I get kicked to overflow often. And GW2 is becoming NCSoft's staple game.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by TeknoBug

Same here. I bought GW2 after holding off for a month for the general concensus which was still positive at the time. I regret the purchase everytime I try to play it (it seems I'm reinstalling every couple of weeks only to get a level and uninstall all over again). Even with all it's new features I prefer GW1 over 2, but I'm afraid it may be shut down sooner rather than later.

It's good to see a lot of people are coming back and enjoying themselves in this thread, though. A nice change of tone from the usual forum posts here.

Did you just say GW2 may shut down sooner or later? It's a very healthy game, I haven't played games much in the past couple months due to being busy and being off location (not at home) but I'd still be playing it and when I do log in I get kicked to overflow often. And GW2 is becoming NCSoft's staple game.

I believe he was refering to GW1.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

From what I've seen GW2 seems to have stabilized in their population so I don't think they will be shutting down. But I must admit to having a small bit of satisfaction every time I read posts like this because so many of their fanatics used to troll many of the forums on this site with their smack talk. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Originally posted by ktanner3

From what I've seen GW2 seems to have stabilized in their population so I don't think they will be shutting down. But I must admit to having a small bit of satisfaction every time I read posts like this because so many of their fanatics used to troll many of the forums on this site with their smack talk. 

I'm guessing the irony of your shut down statement in light that a big SWTOR fan let his monthly sub lapse because he bought a B2P monetization model game is lost on you.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

I like how each time that I play I see people in chat asking about the subscriptions, and deciding they are going to get one (or people mentioning how they just got one).

The game is definitely doing well now that the initial "barrier" of having to spend money to get the game, and the thought of spending even more money on a subscription is no longer an issue.

People try it, fall in love with it, and subscribe - and if they ever lose interest, they know that they can still pop in from time to time without having to pay again.

I also like how all the Cartel stuff can be sold/traded in game - something I always thought GW2 and the Perfect World games did very well too.

Here's to hoping that Bioware's revenue matches my impressions and that they are finally making good money!

Yeah, I wish them well on the game as well. I am past needing the "perfect" game. I am simply enjoying playing the game warts and all. My Imperial agent has been a lot of fun.

Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Here's to hoping that the good money is invested wisely in the game. 

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by pioneer08

SWG and SWTOR is like comparing apples to oranges, but SWTOR and Dragon Age is like comparing Red Apples with Green Apples. SWG IS CLOSED ITS DEAD MOVE ON!!

SWTOR is the same game as Dragon Age, but SWTOR is a star wars sci-fi setting, and Dragon Age is fantasy. They both have story and dialogue choices, and companions.

Mass Effect is the same, and even closer as it is sci-fi based and the ship travel system is very similar too

I only said that DA / Mass Effect is better than SWTOR as it has a monthly fee or restricted F2P. If you take away the monthly fee or do not care about it, then all games are similar. SWTOR is bigger but its content is mostly copied and pasted whereas everything in ME and DA is all unique.  What is copied and pasted?  Im sorry you really should give some examples of your bogus statements.  DA/ME dont have OPS, Flashpoints, World Bosses that take 8+players, GTN (thats an auction hall for you since you dont play SWTOR), datacron hunting that some take more than one player to get.  I have told you multiple times why SWTOR is an MMO but you dont listen and just copy/paste your same garbage. 

SWTOR is not like any other MMO at all, and the quests you do are set to your own class, whereas in other MMOs, you can do practically every quest in the game. In LOTRO as a hobbit I could do quests on the elves side, plus the worlds are more explorable. SWTOR plays like Biowares single player games, and not worthy of a monthly fee, especially after a few months. First your main complaint about the Expansion (look at your history) was its not continueing the class story line.  Now SWTOR is not an mmo because each class has its own class story line?  Make up your mind.  And just an fyi anyone can help others in their class story, can you do that in Mass Effect or Dragon age?  Nope you cant.    

Oh for the love of god dude just stop with the hate towards SWTOR.  The game is fun a ton of people are enjoying it as an MMO and a very good MMO!! 

None of what I posted is hate, it just my opinion / view of the game, which seems to be shared by others too.  Also the "move on" comment about SWG seems unwarranted, and knee jerk response to the fact I mentioned SWG, which was a mistake the 2nd time, as I meant to have said SWTOR, which is now amemded, and it was only to say that SWG was a completely different game, it was not like WOW, LOTRO, EQ2, Rift, and all the rest. Its player housing, crafting, space made it unique. It will always be different, unless another MMO comes along and is the same but better, it being dead is not going to change that. All MMOs lately seem to be getting less and less features, whereas single player games get more and more.

For the last time, I never said it would be dead in a month, and I do not think any one has. If I did please find it and link it.

Plus I do play the game  (I did not from Nov 15th - Jan because they did not allow us to create more than 2 chars total, now we can create up to 6 chars per server) but very casually under F2P, and you are including me amongst the "ton of people enjoying it" 

DA/ME does not have OPS, Flashpoints etc as it a single player game, but ME3 does have a multiplayer mode, which is separate from the main story. These things interested me last year, but I can not be bothered with them any more, nor did others as if it was just me then the game would still have 2 million subs or more and not gone F2P, and the weekly passes do not encourage me to bother. If they offererd a one time unlock then maybe but as a weekly pass I have no intentions of buying it even once.  Even if I end up being interested in it I still will not buy a weekly pass, in case something crops up in real life that I do not have time to play them, and then it ends up being a waste of money. So due to the restrictions of F2P, I have completely written off the ops, flashpoints etc

All I am interested in SWTOR is the main story and getting at least 8 chars through each class story, and then if I can be bothered do another 8 of the opposite advanced class, and then do another 16 for opposite gender. Then once tha is all done, then there is not much of a game left to do. So in effect SWTOR is very much like DA/ME, as I am still playing through each class on that too, but it does not get the restrictions nor cost the sub fee

I never changed my mind on class stories. SWTOR has 10% class story and 90% side mission stories that is shared by all classes. In other MMOs they can have 100% class/race missions, and you can still do other class/race missions if you want to. Makeb from what EA seem to be saying is that it will contain 100% side mission stories and 0% class stories.

I may sub one more time  just to get the expansion at half price, and then use the month to blast through some of those ops and stuff

If they added in some other features, like a flashpoint / ops creator for players to create them for other players, that would make me sub to the game. Or if they added in the ability to run a shop from your ship or wherever, as even Phantasy Star Universe did this.

None of the cartel market entices me to sub or get involved in SWTOR as much as I did with SWG. Logging in to buy stuff from the store is not much fun. If they put a quest or two on the store to play which gets you that recently added Pod Racer, for example, I would pay for that, play the quest, and get the reward, because that would be fun.

The other reason I am not giving SWTOR more of a chance, is because I am fed up of getting involved in MMOs and then they shut down, within 1 year (Dec 2011-Dec2012), I lost SWG, Everquest Online Adventures, Phantasy Star Uniiiverse, and City of Heroes. Then you have EA saying that they need 500k subs which is like $7.5 million now with F2P to break even, implying that if they do not get that then it will at least just stay active in maintenance mode, which it seems to be at the moment as they do not seem to be working on any new content, and the only content that is being pt in was done before the game was launched, and they are just spoon feeding in the content at a slow pace. Sorry but I am not gooing tp pour loads of time and money into a MMO that looks more likely to shut down than any of those MMOs that did shut down which even had content coming, all mainly due due to EAs negative feedback and actions. There may be tonnes of people playing but are they getting EA $7.5 million per month that they need to break even? No financial reports (the last report did not admit anything) = does not look like it. If they do, which is soon, then I will play SWTOR more. If EA did not say "that its current performance was not good enough", and they needed $7.5 million per month, and Makeb was in by now, with a tonne of new content outlined for 2013 then I probably would not be thinking game would shut down. Even with those other games that shut down they had positive spin,and content coming and still being developed on, but SWTOR has been getting nothing but negativity even from EA themselves and slow / spread out content releases. Companies shutting down MMOs, makes you lose interest in any MMO, and SWTOR is far from healthy only because they keep saying that it needs $7.5 million per month, whereas other MMOs do not need that much.

Persoanlly SWTOR is a better game for me than WOW, as WOW is short of features too, but overall WOW is not better than SWTOR as it still has millions of subs,  not gone F2P, and still has hundreds of non-instanced servers.

If SWTOR does shut down by the end of the year, and you spend loads in the Cartel store or in subs, would you feel cheated or money worth spent for enjoyment at the time? If it is the latter then fair enough, but after so many shut downs, I am not willing to take the risk again, and I would feel super cheated. SWTOR is good for me in F2P and not spending much, if anything at all. Story 1-50 for free FTW!

I hope that clears things up, and I would appreciate not being attacked again. I will talk about SWTOR, but your posts make it difficult to respond to you and talk about the game without it getting into non-constructive arguments. If you want to comment on anything I have said and "correct" me then fine, but less of the personal criticism will be most appreciated, but if you do, then I will ignore you. Just remember that we all have different opinions, and that what is posted is mostly opinions / view points and not facts. eg Ops, flashpoints etc are mostly omitted by me due F2P restrictions, so you can add to my comments about these things, but do not say I do not play the game just because I do not play those things.

The other reason I am not giving SWTOR more of a chance, is because I am fed up of getting involved in MMOs and then they shut down, within 1 year (Dec 2011-Dec2012), I lost SWG, Everquest Online Adventures, Phantasy Star Uniiiverse, and City of Heroes.....

I'm sorry, but every MMO is going to shut down at some point. No matter how good you think the game is, other players eventually get tired of it and move on. Companies then have to decide whether or not it's worth the time and money to keep the game running.  In those above cases, the companies decided they were not. Every MMO will shut down at some point, it's only a question of when.