Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO: Which would you prefer more?

XeseXese Member Posts: 39

Considering enjoyability and technical limitations of each, which would you prefer?

a) Co-op style online play that is not a true MMO. May have hubs where players can meet and drop into instances for Co-op play up to 5 players, such as in the first GW, PoE, and so on. The content, loot and so on will scale with the number and level of players.

b) A true MMO style, where thousands of players may be on one server, hundreds of people may potentially take down a boss, raid, or PvP? Content may or may not scale to the number of participating squares. Such as in WoW, GW2.

Personally I would have prefered the first one, with simple hubs enabling co-op play, if Bethesda's next Elder Scrolls game had this feature I would probably drop the MMO-ESO on the spot. I think a simple co-op style will enable more dynamic content and combat. Also, it would feel natural if there were one or two people saving the world in an Elder Scrolls game, but it would feel lame if there were thousands of people who saved the world.

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Xese
    Considering enjoyability and technical limitations of each, which would you prefer?a) Co-op style online play that is not a true MMO. May have hubs where players can meet and drop into instances for Co-op play up to 5 players, such as in the first GW, PoE, and so on. The content, loot and so on will scale with the number and level of players.b) A true MMO style, where thousands of players may be on one server, hundreds of people may potentially take down a boss, raid, or PvP? Content may or may not scale to the number of participating squares. Such as in WoW, GW2.Personally I would have prefered the first one, with simple hubs enabling co-op play, if Bethesda's next Elder Scrolls game had this feature I would probably drop the MMO-ESO on the spot. I think a simple co-op style will enable more dynamic content and combat. Also, it would feel natural if there were one or two people saving the world in an Elder Scrolls game, but it would feel lame if there were thousands of people who saved the world.

People really need to use out of the box thinking...

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Total_HuntTotal_Hunt Member Posts: 65

b.

Sorry I want 25+ man raids. But no gear treadmill. Beating raid bosses could be for crafting materials, cosmetic items, titles, mounts etc.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Neither of those, prefer what they are actually doing compared to those 2 choices.
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Neither of those, prefer what they are actually doing compared to those 2 choices.

^^This^^

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• ArgahawkArgahawk Member UncommonPosts: 78

+1

I'm more interested in what they doing now.

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583

What he said

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    I'd rather a four player co-op that was indistinguishable from the likes of their single player series. They really don't need to change anything, just allow three of my friends to drop into the world with characters as unique as my own, and allow us to play the game from beginning to end together. That's all I want.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Considering enjoyability and technical limitations of each, which would you prefer?

a) Co-op style online play that is not a true MMO. May have hubs where players can meet and drop into instances for Co-op play up to 5 players, such as in the first GW, PoE, and so on. The content, loot and so on will scale with the number and level of players.

b) A true MMO style, where thousands of players may be on one server, hundreds of people may potentially take down a boss, raid, or PvP? Content may or may not scale to the number of participating squares. Such as in WoW, GW2.

Personally I would have prefered the first one, with simple hubs enabling co-op play, if Bethesda's next Elder Scrolls game had this feature I would probably drop the MMO-ESO on the spot. I think a simple co-op style will enable more dynamic content and combat. Also, it would feel natural if there were one or two people saving the world in an Elder Scrolls game, but it would feel lame if there were thousands of people who saved the world.

I don't know enough about this game to comment directly about it, but I will say that I would enjoy a game that was similar to "a" even if it doesn't get counted as a true mmo. I enjoyed GW, and didn't feel it crippled the game at all.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

I think a lot of people who are upset ESO isn't Skyrim Co-Op are most likely console players.

I like ESO the way they are doing it.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    Originally posted by MyTabbycat

I think a lot of people who are upset ESO isn't Skyrim Co-Op are most likely console players.

I'm not a console player, I've been playing the ES series on PC since as long as I can remember, and all I want is co-op multiplayer in my Morrowind/Skryim/Next Installment. I don't think this has anything to do with console players.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    I really don't know how to answer this because until I've actually played, I'm leary of listening to whatever category this game is placed in. I'd rather try it and then decide do I like the direction, or would it have been better marketed as X or Y.

There Is Always Hope!

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by MyTabbycat

I think the more logical conclusion would be that they are most likely Skyrim players... 

Don't forget, numerous people have asked for and have been working on a Skyrim multiplayer mod for PC lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylE4HhIF6Zs

• Baramos79Baramos79 Member Posts: 73

Beat me to it. Sometimes the community comes up with better ideas, these however, are not it.

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    I'm okay with the MMO format.  What I'm not okay with is the setting, focus and overall feel.  I don't believe for one second that they tried to make an Elder Scrolls MMO but rather a DAoC RvR-est MMO with an Elder Scrolls skin.
  • Chief021Chief021 Member Posts: 107
    Originally posted by Total_Hunt

b.

Sorry I want 25+ man raids. But no gear treadmill. Beating raid bosses could be for crafting materials, cosmetic items, titles, mounts etc.

I couldn't agree more... it's the gear treadmills that have been the catalyst for quitting certain MMO's.

A PS4 ESO guild accepting applications at http://lowlyknights.enjin.com

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

Co-op multiplayer does nothing for me. I can hook up with friends and play an ordinary MMO like it's co-op multiplayer anyway, so why give up all the other stuff that comes with an MMO?

So if I had to choose between those two options, I'd definitely rather go with b. Even if the game was solely monster slaying in groups, I'd rather have the option to form bigger groups. Open world.

Actually the thing that most annoys me right now is that ESO doesn't let you visit enemy territories. It'd be nice to raid enemy territories and try to kill some of their bosses - I've always had fun doing that, you always have some memorable occasions. :)

Hell, they should even PVP-debuff the faction that loses one of their bosses so people would try and protect them! :)

If I wanted a co-op rpg I would just play swtor because it did the co-op part pretty well, its the massive part it sucked at
  • Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

Neither, why do people have to try and make a game into something its not? Either you like the game for what it is or you don't. 

Also OP, you have to remember this isn't Bethesda doing this game; its Zenimax Online. They aren't stopping the single players games and you might still get a Co-Op from them (doubt it).  

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by Vunak23

Neither, why do people have to try and make a game into something its not? Either you like the game for what it is or you don't. 

Also OP, you have to remember this isn't Bethesda doing this game; its Zenimax Online. They aren't stopping the single players games and you might still get a Co-Op from them (doubt it).  

Screw that, it's the developers who shouldn't make a game into something it's not.  I understand you guys are 'getting sick' of players whining and complaining but ESO is a poor representation of the Elder Scrolls series.   We have a right to voice our opinion and frustrations, just like you jolly souls get to run around praising it.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Nitth

People really need to use out of the box thinking...

IF everyone thought their perfect game was like your ideal game, would they still be thinking outside of this so called box?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• The first one isn't really what I think of when one says "MMO." Sounds more like a lobby based game to me.
    Originally posted by sapphen
    Originally posted by Vunak23

Screw that, it's the developers who shouldn't make a game into something it's not.  I understand you guys are 'getting sick' of players whining and complaining but ESO is a poor representation of the Elder Scrolls series.   We have a right to voice our opinion and frustrations, just like you jolly souls get to run around praising it.

I'm a massive TES fan, have been for over a decade, my friends are all pretty much TES fans too, my sister is a TES fan, as are her friends, and we are ALL very much looking forward to this new TES game, what gives you a special right to call this a poor representation?

I know you dont like that your restricted by faction, get over it, it aint likely to change now and its not like they havent added restrictions to the IP before, if restricting where you can go makes it not elder scrolls then there hasnt been an elder scrolls game since arena

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

None of those choices.

I am extremely excited for the game as announced seeing as it offers many of the elements that make games like Skyrim and Morrowind the ultimate RPG while combing it with all the great things about Dark Age of Camelot.

Dark Age of Skyrim......yea I like it!!!!!!!!!

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    I m a HUGE DAOC fan, and will always think of it as my favorite MMO. That said how couldn t you not like DAOC RvR and ESO PVE. It honestly is what I was hoping for when it was announced, knowing Matt Frior was working on it.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

I hope ,they  ll add pvp DAOC gameplay elements

Only pvp in TES universe, is what I looking in ESO,coz I know it ll be different game(gameplay) from TES SP games

if ESO is mmorpg,instancing must to be limited,give us large grouping,open world...

At final, I know they  heavily mistake with factional & class limitations , but I wish best for ESO