Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[VID] Flame and Frost January update - Let's see what it's all about

GW2clipsGW2clips Member Posts: 4

Hey guys!

Quick update here! As you probably all know, ArenaNet has released a little bit of information about the new upcomming patch for January 2013 for Guild Wars 2, which is called Flame & Frost. We have talked about this update before, and it was believed that Arenanet was going to fix how the Fractals of the Mists work in the January update, but as of yet there is nothing being said about that...

What we DO know however is that there will be several things added to the game. New ascended gear for example. ArenaNet will add in 5 ascended infusions and 30 new ascended amulets to pick from. You can get these by completing the new and improved daily and monthly achievements in GW2. These will now reward you with a Laurel, a new item which can be used to buy Ascended Gear!

Also, guesting will be introduced, allowing you to play with a friend on another server without permanently having to switch to that server. This does mean however that you are not allowed to switch servers for free anymore.

Last but not least - the Quaggan Backpack is released! A paid novelty item which looks like a baby quaggan on your back :D

Oh, and something about a paid SPVP tournament ;)

Anyways - interesting stuff!

Please have a look at my video on this topic. You can find that video right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5sN31ufCbY

Cheers!

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Thanks!  I know there will be a handsome majority of people here checking it out.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Can Laurels be bought with Karma? The introduction of yet another currency is something I dislike. It's nice that Ascended can be acquired not through Fractal runs, but why not just give Karma as rewards for achievements? We get Karma and XP now anyways. What good will Karma do to me if I had already have all karma-bought items?
  • fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

The most interesting thing on the Arenanet page for this update somehow slipped under most people's radar, including mine.

January 28

The sky falls and the ground shakes in the lands of the north. Charr and norn refugees crawl from the wreckage of their homes in the Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau, struggling to find shelter in the south. The call goes out for volunteers to assist the victims in this time of need, when earth and sky seem to have become the enemy…

That sounds like there will be some interesting changes to those two game zones, Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau, with the January 28th patch. I'm lowering my expectations on how broad the changes will be, but the teaser seems to promise something close to on par with the changes to WoW that came with Cataclysm. Probably somewhere between insignificant and epic, but there is some real potential there.

I'll be revisiting those zones over the next few days, to get a good idea of the state of each zone for comparison with after the patch.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by fiontar

The most interesting thing on the Arenanet page for this update somehow slipped under most people's radar, including mine.

January 28

The sky falls and the ground shakes in the lands of the north. Charr and norn refugees crawl from the wreckage of their homes in the Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau, struggling to find shelter in the south. The call goes out for volunteers to assist the victims in this time of need, when earth and sky seem to have become the enemy…

That sounds like there will be some interesting changes to those two game zones, Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau, with the January 28th patch. I'm lowering my expectations on how broad the changes will be, but the teaser seems to promise something close to on par with the changes to WoW that came with Cataclysm. Probably somewhere between insignificant and epic, but there is some real potential there.

I'll be revisiting those zones over the next few days, to get a good idea of the state of each zone for comparison with after the patch.

they did say there big focus is to strengthen the current zones in the coming months so yea hoping for some good new events in these areas:) i doubt it will be huge sweeping changes like cata though.. we shall see

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• GW2clipsGW2clips Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by fiontar

January 28

That is indeed something that I didn't really notice. I find myself banging my head against the wall now for not including it in the video :( Dammit :P

Better luck next time :)