Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone received your e-mail for beta yet?

2»

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by drebian
    Even if they started sending out Beta invite emails, then it would be a violation of the NDA (Non-disclosure agreement) for anyone to tell you on here that they're in.

Nope.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Anyone else having problems with beta applicatiion? i fill up the form twice and when i hit complete, the button just greys out and then nothing. No confirmation that my beta registration is complete. ;(

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    haha at this thread its gonna be at least another month before invites go out...

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758
    Even if they started sending out Beta invite emails, then it would be a violation of the NDA (Non-disclosure agreement) for anyone to tell you on here that they're in.

Not nececsarily. During SWTOR's beta we were specifically told officially that the NDA allowed us to confirm we were in a test for the game but not to divulge any information about the game itself. I think the same goes for Defiance's beta at the moment, at least unofficially, considering how many people have been asking questions relating to downloading the client, connection problems etc. in the main forum without getting jumped on by the mods.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by reaperuk
    Originally posted by drebian Even if they started sending out Beta invite emails, then it would be a violation of the NDA (Non-disclosure agreement) for anyone to tell you on here that they're in.
    Not nececsarily. During SWTOR's beta we were specifically told officially that the NDA allowed us to confirm we were in a test for the game but not to divulge any information about the game itself. I think the same goes for Defiance's beta at the moment, at least unofficially, considering how many people have been asking questions relating to downloading the client, connection problems etc. in the main forum without getting jumped on by the mods.

Moral of the story is: Read your contracts.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

The NDA is usually not about the beta in general, but specifics about gameplay. I would be surprised if their NDA kept their beta-testers (beta-players) from simply stating they are, in fact, in the beta phase.

Usually, knowing that players are beta-testing (beta-playing) helps promote the game :)

[EDIT]
    @Nikopol, my confirmation was in my spam folder.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 619

This is true, and a common misconception. NDA almost always allows for saying you are taking part in the beta, just not to discuss anything about the beta. Those are two very different things.

Allowing the players to tell others they are taking part in a test gives the company free promotion. It also serves to allow those partaking in the test to find each other, and possibly form groups and guilds, which also facilitate the testing. It is very rare for a company to embargo mentioning that you are participating, you just cant release any details.

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by Teala
    It's been like 24hrs.  Sheeesh....give them some time.   ::runs off to check her email:::

Let's wait until Teala comes runing back to the computer from the mailbox having remembered where email comes from ;)

Just teasing!

lol ^

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• SubhawkSubhawk Member Posts: 6
    It will likely be a few weeks, as the first round of beta handouts for games come a few weeks after signup. This gives the developers a larger pool to choose from to get systems that are both high and low end to test.  As for the NDA, the Mechwarrior:Online NDA specifically stated if you were in the Closed Beta (Pre-Founders access) you COULD NOT say you were in the Beta, and the mods cracked down on mis-posts.   As someone already said. Read your contracts.
  • tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

Just in case this might help anyone else out...

I was pretty annoyed that I didn't receive a confirmation email for registering for the Beta right away.

They did say it might show up in my spam folder, but whatever.

A day later I checked my spam folder; there it was. Derp.

I'm not terribly bright.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Originally posted by aslan132

This is true, and a common misconception. NDA almost always allows for saying you are taking part in the beta, just not to discuss anything about the beta. Those are two very different things.

Allowing the players to tell others they are taking part in a test gives the company free promotion. It also serves to allow those partaking in the test to find each other, and possibly form groups and guilds, which also facilitate the testing. It is very rare for a company to embargo mentioning that you are participating, you just cant release any details.

Not always, i recall Funcom not allowing you to even say you were in beta for AoC. Thats going back a few years though and the new trend does seem to be that you can say you are but that's it.

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

I'm pretty sure that after I'm asleep some chip activates in my head and I'm in a Beta test for "Titan", but I can't be sure and of course if I knew I couldn't tell you.

Whatever ESO decides in regard to its Beta NDA, I'm sure they'll let people know.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    I am still waiting on a confirmation email from the beta sign up.  I have checked my spam folders and web mail filter storage. it took three attempts to get to the web form's you have registered page. I'll give it a few more days and then try their support team as directed if I don't get it.
  • deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick
    I am still waiting on a confirmation email from the beta sign up.  I have checked my spam folders and web mail filter storage. it took three attempts to get to the web form's you have registered page. I'll give it a few more days and then try their support team as directed if I don't get it.

When did you sign up? They told me it could take up to 48 hours (was about 12 for me)

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by deakon

When did you sign up? They told me it could take up to 48 hours (was about 12 for me)

I started trying to sign up on the 22nd. My aplication finally went through on the 23rd.  It has been more than 48 hours. I will give them till next week (like Tuesday / Wendsday) before trying support.

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

I received a confirmtion email for registering for beta within minutes .

it was in spam folder though.

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by deakon

I started trying to sign up on the 22nd. My aplication finally went through on the 23rd.  It has been more than 48 hours. I will give them till next week (like Tuesday / Wendsday) before trying support.

theres an update on this issue now

https://www.facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnline/posts/553838977959473

doesnt say much but they are aware/fixing

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626
    Originally posted by Baramos79
    Originally posted by Nikopol

Here's another: Do you get sort of a confirmation mail for applying for the beta? You know, a mail that says, "OK, we got your application?"

Was already answered in this thread but just in case you missed it here you go "Currently, we are only sending out confirmation emails after you've successfully signed up for The Elder Scrolls Online beta."

Thanks for that. Looks like I deleted it along with all the other content in the spam folder. :)

• CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by sassoonss

I received a confirmtion email for registering for beta within minutes .

it was in spam folder though.

Same here... and registered twice because of that.

Thanks for the info.

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

So....does anyone has an invite yet? Me not sadly.

Anyone before the "Bus stops by"? *giggle*

Lucky US ones you are :P

• LazmaniaLazmania Member Posts: 2
    Not yet, still waiting for it and I believe they will be announcing it on their Facebook page. 
  • SheerzSheerz Member Posts: 15
    Tehy posten an update on fb stating that they are still taking applications and no beta invites have yet to be sent.
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Originally posted by Sheerz
    They posted an update on fb stating that they are still taking applications and no beta invites have yet to be sent.

Okies then. As i dont have FB i am happy others watch that :) Cheers

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

may be they will not choose me....

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• AstraeisAstraeis Member UncommonPosts: 378
    I would be very amazed to receive an invitation to beta.

It takes one to know one.