Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Corporation Recruitment: Tgrad Mercs

Ninu_ZahraNinu_Zahra Member UncommonPosts: 15
Tgrad Mercs [GRADM] are looking for dust soldiers to join our ranks.

We are the sister corp of The Graduates, Razor Alliance in EVE. We have our own comms and our prime time is Evening EU.
Our main aim is to create a friendly and relaxing gaming experience while we introduce new players to the game. This is our mission in EVE and we have the same philosophy for dust. Tgrad Mercs is enlisted with the Minmatar Faction warfare in EVE and we have players that provide orbital strikes as well.

As we experienced it ourselves, you will have a lot more fun playing as a team and you will probably play in a corporation for the rest of your dust career. If you are interested to join a fun team of players drop by our channel Tgrad Dust 514 (both in Dust and in EVE) and you can have a chat with us. If you want to join, you can apply to our corp and we will get to you.

Thanks for reading,
See you on the battlefield o/

Comments

• Ninu_ZahraNinu_Zahra Member UncommonPosts: 15

Tgrad Mercs arestill recruiing.

If interested and you have a ps3 just download the game for free and try it out. The game is fun but when you play in a team over comms it really shines. Content at the moment is a bit limited but they are working on that.

Overall I would say it is less shiny than Planet side 2 but in the long run it will be a better game! There is no taking and retaking the same base over and over again with no purpose whatsoever. In Dust every piece of equipment soldiers field they can lose it forever. So you buy stuff (which is not really expensive) and use in battles. One dropsuit could cost from 12k to 25k When you win a game youget something like 120k - 200k per battle so you replenish your gear. At first you will die a lot and youo can use the free starter suits but when you get the hang of it you will minimise loses. At the moment I die maybe 6-8 times per battle and if you get battleress, you keep all your stuff ofc!

Onthe con side, I would say that there are some minor bugs they need to squash and they need to add more maps. Recently they nerfed grenades bigtime so no more insta booms for  my enemies :). The graphics are ok but nothing like RAGE or Farcry 3.

To give a picture of my experience, I have been playing like 2 weeks, Bought a ton of dropstuits and stuff, died like 600 times total, bought many skillbooks, and had enough left over cash to buy like 15 tanks which surprisingly all ended up exploding in a blaze of glory. I have like 4 mill leftover !

The best part is that there is a micro transaction system in place but you can buy the same stuff you can with ingame money. Definitely not pay to win!

This is just my first hand experience and opinion and generally I feel the urge to get back and kill some more :)

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I'm tempted to join because I respect The Graduates as a corp.

But I would need to know more about the DUST 514 corp before joining - e.g. how is it organised? What is its ethos? What timezone is it? How many members do you have so far? etc etc.

Originally posted by Mors.Magne

I'm tempted to join because I respect The Graduates as a corp.

But I would need to know more about the DUST 514 corp before joining - e.g. how is it organised? What is its ethos? What timezone is it? How many members do you have so far? etc etc.

I am glad you are interested Mors,

I am running the corp on my dust character Tgradrian. In Eve my main character is Toninu and have been fc/recruiter/organiser in The Graduates for a lot of years. Since last October we decided the name as a corp and since I was the first to come up with Dust, I founded Tgrad Mercs, which is short of The Graduate Mercenaries. I also have Deathpain, a tgrad friend as director in eve side which help with the corp.

On the Eve side, Tgrad Mercs is affiliated to the Minmatar Faction Warfare so we can do corp contracts and have orbital strike support. You can see the corporation from the Eve side and it is just any other corporation, although I created it from Dust. We have people who joined their alts in Tgrad Mercs just to be able to assist with strikes.

Our Ethos is the same we have in The Graduates. You can visit http://tgrads.com/pages/vision.html for more information. Basically we are the Null sec version of Eve University and we share the same ethos; helping new players in eve and organise fun gameplay.

We are mainly EU tz but as you may well know, EVE covers all timezone and in The Graduates we have people from EU, US, Pacific, Aussie and Russian TZ. In dust we have few us, one pacific one russian and the rest mainly UK. We are not restricting TZ though because once we have more, people of specific TZ will just play together.

As of today we have 22 members. That is in like a week and a half or so. Most of them are from The Graduates or from Razor alliance but we have a few which are just ps3 bunnies.

We use Skype for comms because most of us have ipad/android/smartphones and it makes it super eas that way  :)

Join us in Tgrad Dust 514 for a friendly chat :)

As a new recruit, sign up for DUST 514 with my personal Recruiter link, and start the game with exclusive gear. Free to play on PlayStation 3.

This way we both get some goodies!

https://dust514.com/recruit/JBdi6I/

Thanks and happy shooting :)

Thank you for kindly replying - and for replying so quickly.

What are the time commitments like in DUST for people in player corps?

I tend to play about half-an-hour of DUST very day - is this enough though?

By the way, my DUST character is Jay Sterling - I've got a K/D ratio of 0.8, but at 260 kills so far, it's getting steadily better.

I have a character that used to be in Intrepid Crossing - I can get that character to leave the Intrepid Crossing reminant if you feel there is a conflict of interest.

Originally posted by Mors.Magne

Thank you for kindly replying - and for replying so quickly.

What are the time commitments like in DUST for people in player corps?

I tend to play about half-an-hour of DUST very day - is this enough though?

By the way, my DUST character is Jay Sterling - I've got a K/D ratio of 0.8, but at 260 kills so far, it's getting steadily better.

I have a character that used to be in Intrepid Crossing - I can get that character to leave the Intrepid Crossing reminant if you feel there is a conflict of interest.

We take gaming so seriously that we strongly believe RL comes first. We are all hardcore eve players but when needed we can take long breaks. Family, work etc all messes up with gametime.

We have the same philosophy with Dust so casual players are more than welcome. You can head over and apply in game with Jay.

k/d ratio is not imp for us as long as you teamplay.

About your IRC character I am sad we just forced your alliance from dronelands. Irc always gave gf and now we have less enemies to play with. At the moment dust and eve are seperate (as in Tgrad Mercs is not in RAZOR)so no need to leave corp in eve, but maybe in the future you could look for a stable corp for your toon :)

Recruiting Dust players as well as Eve FW pilots that fight on the Minmatar side.
    Bump for a good corp