Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TRION aiming for a release in 2013

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by SlyLoK

That would be awesome..

TESO

EQNext

ArcheAge

All in the same year!?! * head explodes *

It's only FFXIV: ARR and EQN for me.... AA will get a look *if* they add alternate rules servers (as Song has touched on) for the more PvE orientated players.

Until then, plenty of fun to be had in EQ2 :)

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by I_Return
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

How can Trion release when NCSoft has the rights for NA ?

you miss the memo?

I saw no news about trion getting Archage :|.

we had like 30 threads going last night on it.. just look around these forums:)

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/7069/ArcheAge-Jake-Song-On-the-Right-Western-Publisher.html

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442
    So, TRION is the New NCSoft, but with less 'Asian Influence'?

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

you miss the memo?

There are still links to articles and interviews about it on the mmorpg.com homepage hehe

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

They can easily achieve this goal.

XLGames have been making the game global from the start and thus all the system are easily transformed into RU/EU/NA releases. I was expecting it could come early 2014 or later this year.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

XLGames have been making the game global from the start and thus all the system are easily transformed into RU/EU/NA releases. I was expecting it could come early 2014 or later this year.

Let's hope it is only translations and some sound effects that get changed.

I don't want to see sweeping feature changes for "the western market"

We want ArcheAge, let us understand it but don't change it.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SaintWalker44SaintWalker44 Member UncommonPosts: 80

you miss the memo?

we had like 30 threads going last night on it.. just look around these forums:)

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/7069/ArcheAge-Jake-Song-On-the-Right-Western-Publisher.html

Your kidding right?

Right?!??!?

All Will Be Well.....

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080

AA

TESO

Wildstar

EQnext

Those are what are on my radar

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Such good news. I love Trion. IMO Rift is the best themepark mmo out now. Archeage, Neverwinter, The Repopulation, and possibly The Black Desert, 2013 is shaping up to be awesome.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• Yavin_PrimeYavin_Prime Member Posts: 233

That would be awesome..

TESO

EQNext

ArcheAge

That would be awesome..

TESO

EQNext

ArcheAge

for me it's also The repopulation, wildstar, blade & soul, neverwinter, and possibly black desert online as well.. just too many!:P

Wow I agree, who says 13 is an unlucky number!

• sofus12345sofus12345 Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

Let's hope it is only translations and some sound effects that get changed.

I don't want to see sweeping feature changes for "the western market"

We want ArcheAge, let us understand it but don't change it.

Thumbs up. Let it be exotic, keeping current environment. Just make the text understandable.

regards

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080
    Yeah I don't want any lore changes like many companies tend to do, I want to understand what's going on clearly but I don't want the original lore and story to be altered. It takes too much time to do that, and I don't see any really good reason for it. Mechanically speaking there aren't many alterations that need to take place...I can see them easing up on ganking/griefing mechanics and things like that but it wouldn't really take a lot of time to do that, and probably providing more safe-zone areas for people to build houses.
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

That would be awesome..

TESO

EQNext

ArcheAge

As much as I would love it, don't count on EQ Next releasing this year or even early next year.  I am very happy to see that AA might possibly release this year as it looked previously like it would be a year or longer wait.

• phoenix_genma_kenphoenix_genma_ken Member Posts: 34

good news...trion delivers with rift i never saw an mmo with so many content-updates added is such short time

at least no frogster,ncsoft and these kind of bu llshit companies 

trion will deliver,been waiting for this baby for 2 years

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    This looks to be the best mmo year ever. Looking foward to ArcheAge and Neverwinter mostly.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Originally posted by Vorthanion

That would be awesome..

TESO

EQNext

ArcheAge

As much as I would love it, don't count on EQ Next releasing this year or even early next year.  I am very happy to see that AA might possibly release this year as it looked previously like it would be a year or longer wait.

I listed EQ2 since Smedley said that players would get their hands on the game this year and he didnt mean a beta. So that could mean full release or just at their fanfare.

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960

That would be awesome..

TESO

EQNext

ArcheAge

I listed EQ2 since Smedley said that players would get their hands on the game this year and he didnt mean a beta. So that could mean full release or just at their fanfare.

The thing is, a release is a release. An alpha is not a release, nor is a demo. The only thing that qualifies as a release is a game that has gone through the release candidate phase and gold. He even quantified his statement by saying he didn't mean beta. He could have just said that players will be able to get their hands on it at the upcoming SOE Live, but he didn't.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Originally posted by ice-vortex

That would be awesome..

TESO

EQNext

ArcheAge

The thing is, a release is a release. An alpha is not a release, nor is a demo. The only thing that qualifies as a release is a game that has gone through the release candidate phase and gold. He even quantified his statement by saying he didn't mean beta. He could have just said that players will be able to get their hands on it at the upcoming SOE Live, but he didn't.

And Smedley specifically said " he doesnt mean a beta " and he also threw the word " release " out there too. So I am leaning towards a release.