Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Trion Worlds Inks Deal for Publication

12346»

Comments

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Slappy1
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    SoE would have been a better choice. Or any company that hasn't made a WoW clone...

You've gotta be kidding lol,you mean SOE that has basically turned EQ2 into a WOW clone??I love EQ2 but please,it became so WOWified over the year's.

Funny stuff.

And yet it still has its own identity.

Rift on the other hand, lifted just about every imaginable thing from WoW. Then they slapped on rift invasions from Tabula Rasa.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Czanrei
    I don't exactly consider this good news unless Trion has no say at all in the developement or content. 

A straight translation is all thats needed, NO WESTERNIZATION please!

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

Yeah, that would exclude SquareEnix too.  But what about EnMasse?  They're not really any more proven than Trion is though.  There is Turbine but they're just Warner's pub house now and they're not really cutting edge in hardware or platform really.

Any other options you can think of?

I posted this in another thread - but  here is what I think are the top reason why XLGames chose Trion:

1. AA runs on CryEngine 3, Trion and Crytek are partners, Trion is publishing Warface which runs on CryEngine 3 and has expertise in house on the Crytek Server backend for both hosting and code optimization. This was probably a huge benefit.

2. Trion has experience with Korean/English localization as Rift is live in Korea and fully localized. Trion has good connections in that region already.

3. Trion's NA and EU reputation for both content updates and service with Rift is pretty positive

4. The CEO's of both companies get along - I know this probably sounds silly to some, but this is very important in Korea even today

Taking above into consideration (especially the first 2 points) made XLgames choice pretty easy to make imo.

Those are pretty excellent points, especially point 4.  I do think we in the West tend to overlook that.  Mr. Song has a long history with NC so the fact they he didn't go with them speaks volumes.

I really hope Trion can pull this off.  Maybe with Hartsman gone they are free to be more flexible.

I would be more inclined to think NcSoft would bargain a better deal for them as they really have nothing to lose wereas Trion seems to filling a portfolio of every type of online game and thus be more flexible with contractual obligations and finances.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

Sorry to ask that . i did not realy followed archage stuff  but in the interview on this link here

http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/24/trion-to-publish-xl-games-massive-online-game-archeage-in-western-markets-exclusive/#EHJ77rD3og1pMjDQ.99

ArcheAge might seem similar to Rift, but Buttler says the two are different. ArcheAge is divided into two continents. The western one (Nuia) is designed to appeal to Western gamers, while the eastern one (Harihara) is targeted at Asian gamers, who prefer different art styles.

what those that mean ? its like 2 different game in 1?

iam not english so its some time hard to get what people mean.

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• sbrite10sbrite10 Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by Onomas
    Actualy I like Trion, they did good with Rift and LoTRO. Hope this works out!

LoTRO?No sorry Trion has nothing to do with LoTRO.Turbine is LoTRO.Still good choice for a an MMO Company.

• sea.shellsea.shell Member Posts: 63

Originally posted by sk8chalif
    Sorry to ask that . i did not realy followed archage stuff  but in the interview on this link here
     http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/24/trion-to-publish-xl-games-massive-online-game-archeage-in-western-markets-exclusive/#EHJ77rD3og1pMjDQ.99
    ArcheAge might seem similar to Rift, but Buttler says the two are different. ArcheAge is divided into two continents. The western one (Nuia) is designed to appeal to Western gamers, while the eastern one (Harihara) is targeted at Asian gamers, who prefer different art styles.what those that mean ? its like 2 different game in 1?

No, there are just how everything looks. If you want Medieval Armor and Castles as well as NPCs, they are located on Nuia. If you prefer for your character to look like an asian doll and have wooden castles go for Harihara.

It's just like games like World of Warcraft offer desert areas and woodland areas.
    When it comes to the game itself, Archeage is fundamental the opposite of everything rift has.

Playing: EVE Online
    Wants to play: ArcheAge, Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance / Star Citizen / FFXIV AAR / Neverwinter

Used to play for 5+ years: Lineage 2, Lord of the Rings Online and Ragnarok Online

Utter disappointing MMO experience for 1 - 3 Months:
    WAR / AoC / SWTOR / RIFT / AION / STO / TSW / GW2 / GW / Vanguard / Planetside2

• galoarigaloari Member UncommonPosts: 72
    So, is there going to be any censoring on the western version or will i have to learn Korean?

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by Onomas
    Actualy I like Trion, they did good with Rift and LoTRO. Hope this works out!

Trion did a good job with LOTRO?

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I really hope this game plays on the same engine as Rift. I really loved how smooth that game played. Anyone know? Any word on what payment model they are using? B2P or P2P... Monthly?
  • GN-003GN-003 Member Posts: 78
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    I really hope this game plays on the same engine as Rift. I really loved how smooth that game played. Anyone know? Any word on what payment model they are using? B2P or P2P... Monthly?

RIFT uses Gamebryo, ArcheAge uses a mixture of CryEngine 2 and CryEngine 3.

• jtravisjtravis Member UncommonPosts: 24
    NCSoft is busily pulling out of a Western gaming market they never really understood. Don't expect them to spearhead another game here for a long time.