Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How big is the gap if I start now

Hey so lets say I bought deluxe today and kept VIP for a while, how long would it take to catch up to vets? I feel very discouraged since beta started in november and its been 3 months and Im afraid the disparity will catch up to me. WIll it take like 2 weeks, or 3 months?

Also does anyone know when the Russian beta started? Perhaps if it started around Xmas I would prefer to go there. 

Thanks

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I don't think the gap is that large. I'm pretty sure I've heard the system in place basically doesn't make it like darkfall where you are always behind.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

about 2 weeks of heavy play, 3 tops. You'll never really be further behind than that power wise. You will have less versitility though.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • django-djangodjango-django Member Posts: 115

Will take less then a month if you are motivated to catch up to speed. Just spend some time researching online about all the different schools, to find which one is best for you and read up on all the guides you can, so that you can have the best possible advantage. There are lots and lots of high level characters in-game that are rather clueless.

If your interested though, give it a go! :)

• DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96

Oh thats not too painful and pretty quick actually!

I just played another 2 hours and for some odd reason I feel compelled  to purchase it. 

Its suprisingly awesome I mean the graphics are top notch maxed out the ming dynasty atmosphere looks nice and some features are genius like faster cultivation at sacred places like mountains, etc. Why has nobody thought of this before? lol

Immersion is really deep and I feel strangely addicted to unlocking more martial arts skills and strengthening chi :P just need to find a good clan now. As a RG I'm hearing a lot about some vietsomething clan and goontang. 

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    lvling 1st inner will be 2 weeks, 2nd lets say 3 depends from clan some not worth to lvl till 36, then skills
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Originally posted by DarkfallFanatic

Hey so lets say I bought deluxe today and kept VIP for a while, how long would it take to catch up to vets? I feel very discouraged since beta started in november and its been 3 months and Im afraid the disparity will catch up to me. WIll it take like 2 weeks, or 3 months?

Also does anyone know when the Russian beta started? Perhaps if it started around Xmas I would prefer to go there. 

Thanks

The first Beta #1 was wiped. And this Beta #2 began on December 20th. And I for one didn't get much time to play right around the Christmas holidays with all of my family events happening. 

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

The characters went live Dec 20th so you are looking at about a 5 week difference. Unless you are going to be a competitive pvp'er or want to do the high level dungeons right away, it's not going to be an issue.

Also this isn't 24/7 skill leveling like EvE. If people don't gain the expereince to turn into cultivation, they won't gain much. If the Cultivation pool is low or empty, skill won't level. There isn't a skill queue so you have to log in frequently to train your powers. So people can't just fill up the queue and log for a month and stay relavent.

If you still feel that you are behind you always have the option to level up your skills using player silver which is earned by trading or spending real life money on gold and converting to silver. The company has offered gold buying incentives which give you pills for large amounts of cultivation points or in a couple cases 1 million cultivation points outright so they give you a large pool to put towards skills.

Personally there isn't really much benefit to it in natural progression in the game. Spend the first few weeks learning about the game and what you want your place to be and then from there you can decide what you want to go after. I think you will be more of the effects on the crafting side since there is a daily exp cap and it will take a bit longer to be more viable there.

Besides the annoying pk'ers that prey on new characters, you shouldn't expereince many problems with being a bit behind.

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by DashiDMV

The characters went live Dec 20th so you are looking at about a 5 week difference. Unless you are going to be a competitive pvp'er or want to do the high level dungeons right away, it's not going to be an issue.

Also this isn't 24/7 skill leveling like EvE. If people don't gain the expereince to turn into cultivation, they won't gain much. If the Cultivation pool is low or empty, skill won't level. There isn't a skill queue so you have to log in frequently to train your powers. So people can't just fill up the queue and log for a month and stay relavent.

If you still feel that you are behind you always have the option to level up your skills using player silver which is earned by trading or spending real life money on gold and converting to silver. The company has offered gold buying incentives which give you pills for large amounts of cultivation points or in a couple cases 1 million cultivation points outright so they give you a large pool to put towards skills.

Personally there isn't really much benefit to it in natural progression in the game. Spend the first few weeks learning about the game and what you want your place to be and then from there you can decide what you want to go after. I think you will be more of the effects on the crafting side since there is a daily exp cap and it will take a bit longer to be more viable there.

Besides the annoying pk'ers that prey on new characters, you shouldn't expereince many problems with being a bit behind.

edit: My bad ....

wrong, if u start now u will be at the end of the food chain this is a pvp game after all, you'll never run out of cultivation points but getting experience to convert to cultivation points is another problem.

imo, to help speed up the cultivation process u need to buy lots of gold and use it to train skills, u can do this with bound and unbound silver ofc there is a limit per day.

thats why this game is so much PAY2WIN, cause u can always buy GOLD and exchange this in-game to buy skills, equipment etc.., u dont need to put in any effort at all, everything is FOR SALE aka skyrim:p

• fldashfldash Member UncommonPosts: 227

This seems like a good topic to ask. What should be the priority on leveling skills? I've just been doing my school internal (currently 14) though earlier in the game (when I didn't know what I was doing), I did a couple of skills to level 2 and the generic internal to level 7.

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

• Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Originally posted by fldash

This seems like a good topic to ask. What should be the priority on leveling skills? I've just been doing my school internal (currently 14) though earlier in the game (when I didn't know what I was doing), I did a couple of skills to level 2 and the generic internal to level 7.

I wouldn't level the generic internal skill right now. That may be of use down the road but at this time it really isn't. The school internal skill is very very important. I would get it to at least level 20 before levelling the specific attack skills. If you level the attack skills too high before your school internal you may use too much of your mana up for each attack. Mana is the wrong word in this game but you get my drift. lol

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

Your goals, as a new player is to work towards your 2nd inner for your school which requires lvl 30 inner of the first tier.  Thus, you are looking at a good 10-14 days on that alone.

Once you get your 2nd inner, you'll need roughly 2-4 weeks to fully level it (assuming you don't get stuck on forbidden instances).  Another 10-14 days to max all of your skills at 5.

All told, I'd say you have roughly 6-8 weeks of catchup to do.  The largest difference you are going to see is that other players will have more versatility since they used the extra time to level up other martial sets.