Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge or The Elder Scrolls Online

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Pyrate
    I recall when TESO was first announced and we knew NOTHING about it.

You were adamant it would be "a fantasy swtor"

Since then we've heard various things that sound decidedly not swtor, like open dungeons, crafted gear being as good as pve gear, no quest hubs etc..

But you have been HEADSTRONG in not loosing face on your initial argument. Even now making ridiculous arguments like daoc was some sort of instanced to feck closed world game as we've heard the game will use daoc rvr system.

The game may turn out bad, I have reservations with this mega server business and phased storylines. We don't know yet.

P.s you beloved darkfall which you seem hell bent on turning TESO into, was STRONGLY influenced by daoc.
  • DireLionDireLion Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    Originally posted by DireLion
    My Vote gos to Both, why?    Only thing they have in common is fantasy. Based on all the mmos ive played in the last 13 years its all a wait and see play them both or be left behind game. I plan to play ESO because Im a fan boy, AA because Im a sandbox fan. One draw....Does my computer run it worth playing it?  Do I have the patience to flounder through the first few months of bugs? And lastly will Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivruski IV have more fun with my computer then me.image

I doubt AA will be that buggy at launch, it's spent a long long time in beta with no NDA.

This is great to hear image  Thats one down one to go! 

“Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve regardless of how many times you may have failed in the past or how lofty your aims and hopes may be.”
    -Napoleon Hill-

• Kenshin_HimuraKenshin_Himura Member Posts: 75
    I voted ArcheAge and I will defenetly play both but Archage is just so many features I read about that makes it feel somehow sandboxy but combatwise I think TESO will be better, ArcheAge combat don't look that great IMO.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Am I the only one a bit sad that an Asian Sandbox-ish game is generating more interest than TESO and mainly because AA is more of a sandbox?

Perhaps you are, because im sure most of those that are sad are more sad over TES NOT being a sandbox like it should be than being sad that an Asian game that is, has a larger following here.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying and partly due to the fact that you wanted to cut out the part where I also chose Archage over TESO. My sadness comes from the fact that AA seems more TES than TESO does. 

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Pyrate
    I recall when TESO was first announced and we knew NOTHING about it.

You were adamant it would be "a fantasy swtor"

Since then we've heard various things that sound decidedly not swtor, like open dungeons, crafted gear being as good as pve gear, no quest hubs etc..

But you have been HEADSTRONG in not loosing face on your initial argument. Even now making ridiculous arguments like daoc was some sort of instanced to feck closed world game as we've heard the game will use daoc rvr system.

The game may turn out bad, I have reservations with this mega server business and phased storylines. We don't know yet.

P.s you beloved darkfall which you seem hell bent on turning TESO into, was STRONGLY influenced by daoc.

1- Never once did I say DAoC was instanced to hell and back.

2- I loathe Darkfall. Its a POS Elitist PvP Gankfest.

Quit puting words in my mouth to try to prove your point.

And yes, this arguement of ours is OT. Im done with it as we will NEVER agree

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

Neither at this point... both are MANY months away... I am not jumping on any hype trains.

Will be able to make a dertermination once I get a little playtime on each.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

To be honest I'm not that excited about either game atm. Maybe if I get into the betas I'll change my mind, but after geting my hopes up for MMOs like GW2, TSW and SWTOR only to be disappointed I'm not as excitable for MMOs anymore.

If I don't get into beta for either game I won't prepurchase or buy at launch. I'm over the hype rollercoasters MMOs have been lately.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Thorqemada

EQ Next will probably show up more infos over the coming months.

Ooo I like this comment.

With PS4, XBOX3, and more info on games like EQnext and maybe even Titan coming out, way too early to tell what games I'm going to be playing at the end of the year.

I'm hoping to beta both AA and ESO but I'm willing to wager the real sleeper hit from the East might not be AA afterall - it'll be Black Desert.

Originally posted by BadSpock

Ooo I like this comment.

With PS4, XBOX3, and more info on games like EQnext and maybe even Titan coming out, way too early to tell what games I'm going to be playing at the end of the year.

I'm hoping to beta both AA and ESO but I'm willing to wager the real sleeper hit from the East might not be AA afterall - it'll be Black Desert.

Unfortunately while I am very interested in Black Desert and think its going to do well I don't think its going to appeal to as large of an audience. Definitely one I'm keeping an eye on though. 

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Ooo I like this comment.

Unfortunately while I am very interested in Black Desert and think its going to do well I don't think its going to appeal to as large of an audience. Definitely one I'm keeping an eye on though. 

black desert looks awsome best character models i have ever seen for a MMO imho... hopefully it turns out good.. AA seems to have more options though i haven't seen black deset show ship battles or anything like that.. also AA looks more traditional MMO combat and black desert much more action oriented..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Aerowyn

Ooo I like this comment.

black desert looks awsome best character models i have ever seen for a MMO imho... hopefully it turns out good.. AA seems to have more options though i haven't seen black deset show ship battles or anything like that.. also AA looks more traditional MMO combat and black desert much more action oriented..

The housing system alone in Black Desert warrants interest. The quality, depth, and level of detail in the game are going to be whats going to hold it back though. Many are going to be overwhelmed and others simply won't be able to run it well if at all. 

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Ooo I like this comment.

The housing system alone in Black Desert warrants interest. The quality, depth, and level of detail in the game are going to be whats going to hold it back though. Many are going to be overwhelmed and others simply won't be able to run it well if at all. 

I love the housing system, looks like great combat, great scale/size of world and large battles... again all just based off the very limited info we've seen.

Definitely looks better in trailers than anything I've seen of AA or ESO and really any fantasy MMO in quite some time...

http://www.youtube.com/pearlabyss

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301

1. Why Choose???

2. If i have to choose only one - Wildstar :-)

Just my 2 cents...

Ooo I like this comment.

seiges in black deset do look interesting as well from the video i saw it looks like you have npc soldiers fighting alongside the players.. not sure if those soldiers are player controlled in anyway or what but looked neat...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Ooo I like this comment.

seiges in black deset do look interesting as well from the video i saw it looks like you have npc soldiers fighting alongside the players.. not sure if those soldiers are player controlled in anyway or what but looked neat...

While everything looks good with this game I fear I must admit the main selling point and the thing that locked this into a must play game for me is the fact that I will have a house in the world (not in an instance thats cut off from the world unless I invite you in) and that I can turn a portion of it into my very own shop or a crafting area on top of having functional furniture. I haven't been able to do this since Ultima Online. I'm excited about a lot with this game but... as dumb as it may sound this is my main reason lol...

Ooo I like this comment.

While everything looks good with this game I fear I must admit the main selling point and the thing that locked this into a must play game for me is the fact that I will have a house in the world (not in an instance thats cut off from the world unless I invite you in) and that I can turn a portion of it into my very own shop or a crafting area on top of having functional furniture. I haven't been able to do this since Ultima Online. I'm excited about a lot with this game but... as dumb as it may sound this is my main reason lol...

from looks of it the repopulation will have that option as well...

• DrCokePepsiDrCokePepsi Member UncommonPosts: 177
    Now this is coming from a VERY hardcore sandbox MMO lover so please dont hate on me, but the fact that you mentioned firstof all, the 3 faction, wvw one server thing as your excitment for the game makes me think, you should just play gw2 or wow, TESO doesnt seem to be groundbreaking at all. Secodly, the fact that you mentioned graphics at all really bothers me. In an MMO, grpahics mean absolutely nothing as long as you can see what the environment your in is, and as long as you can see what your doing and you dont have to strain your eyes playing. In an MMO, gameplay is what matters totally, you want to venture in to a new WORLD, not just a detailed little themepark. Graphics take away fromhow much value and expansiveness there can be in a game. I would totally play another Ultima as long as it stayed true to it's most valued aspects, huge fantastic world, with adventure and freedom. Am I looking forward to TESO? Yeah. Totes. Do i feel like it's going to be a game, that years later i'll still be engrossed in? Not from what im hearing. ArcheAge seems very promising to me. Now whether or not i dump my time into it depends on the other promising MMO's coming out as well. But the sandbox elements; player housing, guild cities, boats, open world, things like that are what i like in a game. I don't like openng up an MMO with a quest icon in front of me marked as 'tutorial' I like going into a game and thinking 'Hey, those mountains or that city seems pretty cool i think ill go there and see if there's and baddies i can kill for a helmet or something' As for the nationality or origin of It's creators, I am a fan of medieval-setting games primarily and haven't enjoyed too many asian MMO's. But, it definitely doesn't give me a biased decision, It's either i enjoy it or i dont. but for the most part i HAVE primarily just played western MMO's.

Never fear, your dream MMO will be here....
    just give me a decade or two to finely hone my Game development
    and design abilities as well as start a Game Design Studio.
    Thank you for your patience.
  • warpath98warpath98 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    ArcheAge is unique enough that it will attract its own crowd of players.  However, I think The Elder Scrolls Online will be in competition with Neverwinter Online if both are released this year.  Unfortunally, which ever game  is released first will probably stand a better chance of survivial unless they end up being free to play.  Which is the best?  I'm interested in all three and hope to beta test all of them this year. 
  • TickleMeHomoTickleMeHomo Member Posts: 28

I espect as going  west TES will be favor as going east more in favor is AA.But its all same hype.AA as korean game will be 1-2 years p2p than will jump on f2p train too as for TES idk i do have some big hopes.There are quite the polished f2p games out there and as soon people get bored from these 2 its easily changed.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Like you had to ask. ArcheAge hands down.

But I will be playing both.

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

While I think TESO might do well, I have no interest in it personally.

ArcheAge all the way for me.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    I'm more interested in AA, primarily because they aren't going with action style combat and because it probably will release before EQNext, which is the MMO I'm most eager to play.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Jtc
    Why I said except skyrim.

Oblivion and Morrowind have classes.

You do level through kills, what happens to your archery skill when you shoot a bandit.

Tes games DO have gated content. example you can't progress the main story in skyrim until you have the required shouts. You can't enter the mages guild until your magicacis high enough to cast fear.

Did you even play Marrowind or Oblivion? Nope...cause it was the same as Skyrim, no classes, it was free form based on whatever skills you chose to use and you could use them all WHENEVER YOU WANT.

As for the, bandit comment. You can SUMMON a thing, shoot it and raise your skill. ZERO quest XP...hell, you could do NOTHING but JUMP IN PLACE and gain a level in Marrowind...or just SWIM!

and for the last part...you will reach for any tiny little thing no matter what is said. Heck, you have to run and DISCOVER a place before you can port to it...its GATED ZOMG!

Hey, I have to start to game to play it, its gated, cause im going to redfine it to mean what I need it to mean so I can defend TESO!

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Not sure on that last part yet as they said they made their own in house engine so it may not be hard on systems at all...or it could very well burden even hardcore rigs if they dont know what they are doing.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    Jtc
    Why I said except skyrim.

Oblivion and Morrowind have classes.

You do level through kills, what happens to your archery skill when you shoot a bandit.

Tes games DO have gated content. example you can't progress the main story in skyrim until you have the required shouts. You can't enter the mages guild until your magicacis high enough to cast fear.

Did you even play Marrowind or Oblivion? Nope...cause it was the same as Skyrim, no classes, it was free form based on whatever skills you chose to use and you could use them all WHENEVER YOU WANT.

As for the, bandit comment. You can SUMMON a thing, shoot it and raise your skill. ZERO quest XP...hell, you could do NOTHING but JUMP IN PLACE and gain a level in Marrowind...or just SWIM!

and for the last part...you will reach for any tiny little thing no matter what is said. Heck, you have to run and DISCOVER a place before you can port to it...its GATED ZOMG!

Hey, I have to start to game to play it, its gated, cause im going to redfine it to mean what I need it to mean so I can defend TESO!

He is correct and you are not.  Both Morrowind and Oblivion had classes.  You could, during character creation, go with one of their preset classes or like many of us, you could opt to create your own set of skills and spells.