Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Getting supporter status

sudosudo Tel-AvivPosts: 697Member Uncommon

Hi, guys. I've only started playing since Open Beta and can't stop now... The game is amazing. It's everything I hoped D3 will be and much much more.

Anyways, I've got a simple question about the game and buying stuff from the store: Is there any way of getting a supporter status for buying anything right now, after open beta started already? I do plan to buy something (even though I haven't decided what yet because the game isn't restrictive in ANY way, which is stunning) only to support GGG for making such an amazing product but would very much love to get a supporter status, even if it means paying more.

Thanks in advance :)

P.S. I'm on EU HC, character name Katedra in case you want to keep in touch in the game.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
Hans Margolius

Comments

• fivorothfivoroth LondonPosts: 3,664Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by sudo

Hi, guys. I've only started playing since Open Beta and can't stop now... The game is amazing. It's everything I hoped D3 will be and much much more.

Anyways, I've got a simple question about the game and buying stuff from the store: Is there any way of getting a supporter status for buying anything right now, after open beta started already? I do plan to buy something (even though I haven't decided what yet because the game isn't restrictive in ANY way, which is stunning) only to support GGG for making such an amazing product but would very much love to get a supporter status, even if it means paying more.

P.S. I'm on EU HC, character name Katedra in case you want to keep in touch in the game.

GGG has said that you would be able to buy some sort of new support packs (which might give you some sort of new supporter status) in the future to support them. However, the supporter status which was available prior to open beta is not available anymore and will not be made available in the future. This is where there are at on the matter atm. You can find the post on their forums.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• sudosudo Tel-AvivPosts: 697Member Uncommon

Thanks!

So, nobody other than me will know if I ever bought anything from their cash shop or not, right? Don't misunderstand me, I'm not a poser, it would simply be nice for people to know if you are a freeloader or a supporter from a first glance, imo.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Minneapolis, MNPosts: 532Member

Thanks!

So, nobody other than me will know if I ever bought anything from their cash shop or not, right? Don't misunderstand me, I'm not a poser, it would simply be nice for people to know if you are a freeloader or a supporter from a first glance, imo.

Some of the cash shop effects are visible spell/skill effects. But other than those, no, no one will know.

I personally am a Bronze ($50) supporter and don't begrudge a dime of it. One of the best games in a long time, imnsho.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore salem, ORPosts: 672Member

Yeah i didnt get any status for donating 10$ to try CB but that okay :D Just glad to have something fun to play.

Only level 23 so far on my Hardcore Witcher. Playing very slowly and farming a few areas over and over. Im still a little newb and i dont want to die yet...

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Minneapolis, MNPosts: 532Member
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore

Yeah i didnt get any status for donating 10$ to try CB but that okay :D Just glad to have something fun to play.

Only level 23 so far on my Hardcore Witcher. Playing very slowly and farming a few areas over and over. Im still a little newb and i dont want to die yet...

At least if you do die in HC mode, you can ressurect the character in the Default league.

• NiburuNiburu BerlinPosts: 378Member Uncommon
    They offered those supporter packs for 25$ during closed beta. If you just found out about the game when it went into open beta you are to late sorry.
  • jpnolejpnole Tampa, FLPosts: 1,656Member Uncommon

Impossible. That window of opportunity closed 2 hours before OB went live.

• jpnolejpnole Tampa, FLPosts: 1,656Member Uncommon

Thanks!

That shouldn't matter. I could have bought any level of support pack I wanted but I decided $10 was enough until OB. I have since spent $20 more and referred 4 other players who have in turn spent money. There is no need to have a forum title to support Path of Exile.