Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge or The Elder Scrolls Online

funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279

Which one are you more excited about and why?

I think Im more excited about TESO. Because of three factions, one server, wpvp, and its a western fantasy game. But I do think AA will be good. The graphics look very nice but I don't know how pvp will work out in AA or are there any factions or classes to choose from.

Comments

• MongooseMongoose Member UncommonPosts: 86

Where as 80% of most MMOs are WoW clones, the 20% that Archage offers in uniqueness beats the 20% TESO does.

My two cents.

~Mongoose

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    AA's sandpark elements make it more interesting than anything TESO is doing, besides I prefer Eastern mmos anyway visually. Having said that, 3 way pvp does sound good, but open world GvG sieges where everything is player made, as well as ship v ship at least on the surface is more meaningfull.
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

AA will be different, though its an asian game it will be published by Trion. They are a good company. TESO though i enjoy the IP, its just seems like the same and not much to offer in sense of AA features and abilities. Though i will try both with an open mind, my vote is for AA at this time.

Few other good games you should add to your poll as well.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

ArcheAge has essentially 3 factions also .. the 2 starting factions and the pirate faction for naughty player killers / player thieves.  Either of the original 2 can join the pirates.

Then there is the contested northern continent for guilds, in which you create your own faction, and potentially can go to war with any other.  Build castles, do sieges.

I'd like TESO more if they didn't restrict interaction between factions so heavily (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCmveOvYXzo).  I'm not an altaholic and have little interest in rolling every faction just to see the world.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    ArcheAge, it's a paradigm shift in AAA MMORPG's in comparison to recent themepark releases ;-)
  • AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Not only does AA not restrict you to a faction like TESO will, but AA allows players to more or less create their own outside of the first continent and let players fight it off in PvP.

AA also has housing, shipbuilding, castle building, and more.

AA>TESO.

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Im waiting for both! I think there different enough from each other. No need to choose. Unless time is a restriction for you.
  • PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

ArcheAge looks to be a very extensive open world game containing all the elements of an actual MMORPG

TESO looks to be just another Themepark. One that swallowed the Elder Scrolls IP and regurgitated DAoC

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm

Not only does AA not restrict you to a faction like TESO will, but AA allows players to more or less create their own outside of the first continent and let players fight it off in PvP.

AA also has housing, shipbuilding, castle building, and more.

AA>TESO.

AA does seem to offer a lot more than the theme park cookie cutter games that have come out recently. We will see how it all turns out.

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518

The only thing in which TESO could be actually better than ArcheAge may be the combat system. But everything else ArcheAge is just better, offers more, is more open, has sandbox elements.. well and combat alone will not make a good game.

Therefore.. ArcheAge for me. TESO is to much of the same.. i could actually play GW2 if i would like the TESO approach.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I hope they're both good. Why can't you play both? If I like an mmorpg, I'm going to play it, I use to subscribe to Ultima Online, Asheron's Call, and Dark Age of Camelot together. I do think Archeage sandpark will be more to my liking though. I'm just sick of the typical themepark merry go round we've been on for years since WoW came out.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• CrynswindCrynswind Member Posts: 290

ArcheAge, hands down.

Why would i EVER want to play another generic themepark? TESO will be SWTOR 2.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Pyrate

Wait a minute, so daoc isn't an extensive open world game. Wtf?
  • ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

I am not excited at all - i am relaxed waiting what the future may bring up.

TESO may have a good DAOC alike pvp but i have found a game that is the optimal pvp game for my taste of gameplay.
    I dont expect TESO to be a virtual world but a compromise where TES and WOW playewrs meet and wonder what the fuss is about DAOC while it neither give the TES nor the WOW players a home.

Archeage is a bag o wonders and nobody knows what jumps out of it when the bag is opened.

EQ Next will probably show up more infos over the coming months.

Its a buyers market - no need to rush into a game and waste money.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

I picked neither because I want to try both.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Pyrate

Wait a minute, so daoc isn't an extensive open world game. Wtf?

3 Faction specific zones and the Frontier for PvP.

Extensive yes, Open world hardly

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    I'm looking forward to AA more. My view on TESO so far is that it appears to be a rather stock MMO offering. It's too early to tell for sure, but that's what I see thus far. AA looks far more dynamic and customizable; a welcome change. I'll give both a test drive, as I do most MMOs.

• paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363

I had buyers remorse with some games that had a feature list similar to TESO, so I am not planning on purchasing TESO.

AA has enough different about it that I will likely purchase and play it. I have no idea if it will actually hold my attention long term.

AA wins my vote in this poll.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    As a lifelong fan of the TES series it pains me to say I think AA has more promise. If only the design team for AA had the TESO IP licence!
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    Until I've tried them both I'll have to take a wait and see attitude. I would lean more toward archeage even though I'm a huge elderscrolls fan.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

As a long time TES fan I will say this. ArcheAge is more TES than TESO is TES. Just having the names of places and skins of TES does not make it TES. ive said it before and I will say it again, if TESO was TES, the names and places could be non-TES and I would be sayin...hey, this is a TES clone. Well, that cannot be said about TESO, because its DaoC...a game nothing like TES.

ArcheAge is open world sandpark, TESO is just another Themepark.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376

TESO. Because it seems like DAOC 2 set in the ES universe. If that's indeed what it turns out to be, I'll be quite happy with it.

However, it's too early for me to tell which will end up being the better game for me. I intend to try them both.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

I chose AA.... but wanted to ask

Am I the only one a bit sad that an Asian Sandbox-ish game is generating more interest than TESO and mainly because AA is more of a sandbox?

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Am I the only one a bit sad that an Asian Sandbox-ish game is generating more interest than TESO and mainly because AA is more of a sandbox?

Perhaps you are, because im sure most of those that are sad are more sad over TES NOT being a sandbox like it should be than being sad that an Asian game that is, has a larger following here.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• Kingmob23Kingmob23 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    I plan on playing them both as soon as  these companies release them to the masses.