Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just another day in Wushu

Comments

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak
    Originally posted by Biskop

And yeah, the combat is clunky - until you get your skills and learn how to fight. You won't be Jet Li the moment you log in, just like you're not gonna lead large-fleet battles in EVE on day one.

What was that single player star wars game that you started off as Vader? MMO's should do that, have the intro zone demonstrate the potential instead of giving you the absolute most mind boggling useless and boring skills to ease you into the game.

IIRC Fallen Earth did this. You started at max level and then through the intro tutroial became a level 1.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

I don't know what is so signature worthy about what he said . The highlighted part is all wrong considering majority of western sandbox MMOS are all about OPVP with exception of sandbox like Saga Of Ryzom which focus on PVE..  Unless you are mixing sandbox with themepark i don't know, what he said makes no sense at all.

Now you may or may not like the western sandbox OPVP games but to exaggerate and say majority of western devs are scared to alienate WOW casual crowd even though those who play WOW are completely different audience from sandbox players.

But i guess you get more cool points if you randomly throw WOW in every post no matter how un related to original topic of discussion.

At least you missed some points in reading comprehension.

Why don't you try and re-read what I wrote?

Is AOW a AAA sandbox? if it is your comparison with AAA developers in west would make sense. When i played AOW i didn't feel i was playing a AAA sandbox games. Felt like a cheap F2P game from Perfect World Entertainment.

However, if it is nnot a AAA sandbox than i come back to my original point that wests in devs mostly focus on sandbox games which are OPVP.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• Agrias34Agrias34 Member UncommonPosts: 147

Sounds really boring.  Especially the part you had to wait 1 hour because someone paid 40 silver as a bounty.  FUN

this game is just focuses on too many real aspects, and time restrictions.  For a sandbox, I don't like being restricted and told I can't do this because of how the game works.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Is AOW a AAA sandbox? if it is your comparison with AAA developers in west would make sense. When i played AOW i didn't feel i was playing a AAA sandbox games. Felt like a cheap F2P game from Perfect World Entertainment.

However, if it is nnot a AAA sandbox than i come back to my original point that wests in devs mostly focus on sandbox games which are OPVP.

Sorry but you're not making any sense at all. What is your point again?

I was comparing AoW to Western MMOs in general. My point was that the AAA companies lack the balls to make a well designed oPvP game and that the indies, while having the balls, lack the skills and resources. That's why there are no games like AoW coming from the West, even though many of us would like there to be.

But you wouldn't know what I'm talking about, now would you? Judging by your "cheap f2p" comment you've hardly seen enough to know what Wushu's about.

• SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189

It is sad that western mmo don’t put thought into pvp systems and instead just separate the pvp from the actual game.  The spy missions and the pvp from them would have been perfect setting wise for TSW. 

I think western developers also cater too much to the certain crybaby type of pve player ( most are not like that) and I am talking about the ones who always complain about pvp even when it is optional and think that is only about high level players ganking low levels.

The thing is I play mmos to interact with other players and I find scripted pve events to be boring, I think that AoW did a great job at implementing the pvp system right into the actual game which I believe makes the world feel much more alive, whereas the western mmos ( swtor,gw2 and tsw) failed because in a way they created two different games ( pvp and pve ) within their games instead of just making one game.

Originally posted by Agrias34

Sounds really boring.  Especially the part you had to wait 1 hour because someone paid 40 silver as a bounty.  FUN

this game is just focuses on too many real aspects, and time restrictions.  For a sandbox, I don't like being restricted and told I can't do this because of how the game works.

Jail time serves the purpose of detering rampant ganking and murder. So the freedom of being able to attack anyone anywhere comes with the price of risking jail if you kill people left and right for no legitimate reason. Also, you can avoid jail (at least for a time) by being better than the players who try to catch you.

That's called balance, which is essential in a well designed game.

If you prefer the freedom of unchecked murder rampages and noob griefing, log in to Mortal Online or something.

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    There is a leader bored for criminals who escape capture. I find this feature interesting.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

@#$$ I'm drained. It was a slow day for most the day, I wasn't pushing things. I hooked up with a fellow bandit anout an hour before the script steal event. I lost count how many carts we robbed. Had o be about 12 or 13 I ended up with 49 [bad goods] each can be exchanged for 10 xp pills.  The more xp I have the more days free to do what ever I want. 490 xp about 5 days worth for me. 

During the script steal, I was so f'n close. First right at the start, I got caught getting on my horse trying to make it to the boat man. The second 22 minutes later, about 2 minutes before the event ended, I killed a guy  on the road right where you leave the scene. I ran through and was like F yeah! I ported back to my school and began the run up to the librarian. I got about half way up the winding hill, and the event ended.... Book gone... You talk about an emotional roller coster ride.

I hooked back up with the friend I made earlier and robbed 2 or 3 more carts. I couldn't focus though, the scipt event took it all out of me. 

I just set up my stall. Gonna relax for about 1/2 hour then jump in the school war!!!! I need to go to bed...

edit-I gained about 30 evil today . I may have moved into the top 50 evil too. All in all, a pretty good day.  

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645

What I did today was look up all the information I need to play Wushu with out a time limit, DL Wushu. Got in the game and fell to sleep at my desk after the training tut.

Wushu had put me into a deep sleep state because of the way it looks, it don't look bad tho oh and the low gravity jumping had alot to do with it. I still have Wushu and will be giving it another try.

Originally posted by slim26

What I did today was look up all the information I need to play Wushu with out a time limit, DL Wushu. Got in the game and fell to sleep at my desk after the training tut.

Wushu had put me into a deep sleep state because of the way it looks, it don't look bad tho oh and the low gravity jumping had alot to do with it. I still have Wushu and will be giving it another try.

lol the tutorial can be slow.

Sorry but you're not making any sense at all. What is your point again?

I was comparing AoW to Western MMOs in general. My point was that the AAA companies lack the balls to make a well designed oPvP game and that the indies, while having the balls, lack the skills and resources. That's why there are no games like AoW coming from the West, even though many of us would like there to be.

But you wouldn't know what I'm talking about, now would you? Judging by your "cheap f2p" comment you've hardly seen enough to know what Wushu's about.

Sorry if it felt cheap F2P game to me. But that doesn't mena i didn't give it a good try. I already said that there are some good things about AOW but i couldn't get past the F2P cheap quality of the game.

However, my point was simple. You were complainign about how AAA western devs dont have balls to make  a MMO like AOW. So i simply asked is AOW a AAA MMO? because as far as indie MMO goes, western devs are putting their best effort in bringing us as many OPVP sandboxes as possible and new line ups for announced sandbox titles prove that.

So where does these high expectations come from? because you played AOW ? what abotu games like Repopulation from west? i tried beta and i would take it over AOW any day.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

Sorry if it felt cheap F2P game to me. But that doesn't mena i didn't give it a good try. I already said that there are some good things about AOW but i couldn't get past the F2P cheap quality of the game.

However, my point was simple. You were complainign about how AAA western devs dont have balls to make  a MMO like AOW. So i simply asked is AOW a AAA MMO? because as far as indie MMO goes, western devs are putting their best effort in bringing us as many OPVP sandboxes as possible and new line ups for announced sandbox titles prove that.

So where does these high expectations come from? because you played AOW ? what abotu games like Repopulation from west? i tried beta and i would take it over AOW any day.

Repop sure looks promising but it's not released yet. Also, it's made by an indie dev like every other Western sandbox MMO, and in my experience that means it should be approached with caution and skepticism.

During the last couple of years I've played most of the sandbox games made in the West (Darkfall, Mortal Online, Xsyon, Earthrise, Salem, and Linkrealms), all of them made by small, inexperienced teams on shoestring budgets. All of them failed to deliver one way or another. They were either incomplete feature-wise, void of content, horribly designed, or bugged like hell, and sometimes - like with ER, Xsyon and MO - all of the above. Add slow development cycles due to the low budgets and amateurish conduct by the devs due to their lack of professional experience, and you've got a bunch of broken games that only appeal to a tiny speck of people.

Compared to this fiasco of a Western sandbox scene, AoW is certainly AAA. Coming from these games I'd say it's a fucking miracle of good design and professional coding. It looks good, it plays good, the animations and gameplay are responsive and fluid, it's fully fleshed out feature-wise, there are no game breaking bugs, dupes, or exploits, no stupid core design flaws killing the oPvP, no rampant griefing and asshatery, no bot armies, no required macros or 3d party programs, etc. It just works.

It has flaws of course, but I'll still play it over any other contemporary MMO. 

Also, given its popularity in China, it has a secure funding and a steady development cycle which means we're looking at years of content and feature updates ahead of us if things goes well on the Western market.

Don't know whether any Western devs will give us any solid sandboxes any time soon. EQN is supposedly a sandbox but no one knows jack shit about that game yet. Repop is in beta but as I said, it's indie so I'm not counting on a smooth launch there. DFUW is stuck in "beta" (more like an alpha from what I hear) and AV is such a clown company that I refuse to take them seriously. Got some other titles like Greed Monger, EoC and Pathfinder on the horizon but yet again: indie devs, slow development, Kickstarter campaigns, lack of substantial info, etc.

You want to wait around and keep your hopes up for a flourishing Western sandbox scene some time in future, that's fine. Me, I prefer to play a functional, fun game that's up and running as we speak. If you can't look beyond your personal prejudices of what makes a game "cheap f2p", it's your loss.

Repop sure looks promising but it's not released yet. Also, it's made by an indie dev like every other Western sandbox MMO, and in my experience that means it should be approached with caution and skepticism.

During the last couple of years I've played most of the sandbox games made in the West (Darkfall, Mortal Online, Xsyon, Earthrise, Salem, and Linkrealms), all of them made by small, inexperienced teams on shoestring budgets. All of them failed to deliver one way or another. They were either incomplete feature-wise, void of content, horribly designed, or bugged like hell, and sometimes - like with ER, Xsyon and MO - all of the above. Add slow development cycles due to the low budgets and amateurish conduct by the devs due to their lack of professional experience, and you've got a bunch of broken games that only appeal to a tiny speck of people.

Compared to this fiasco of a Western sandbox scene, AoW is certainly AAA. Coming from these games I'd say it's a fucking miracle of good design and professional coding. It looks good, it plays good, the animations and gameplay are responsive and fluid, it's fully fleshed out feature-wise, there are no game breaking bugs, dupes, or exploits, no stupid core design flaws killing the oPvP, no rampant griefing and asshatery, no bot armies, no required macros or 3d party programs, etc. It just works.

It has flaws of course, but I'll still play it over any other contemporary MMO. 

Also, given its popularity in China, it has a secure funding and a steady development cycle which means we're looking at years of content and feature updates ahead of us if things goes well on the Western market.

Don't know whether any Western devs will give us any solid sandboxes any time soon. EQN is supposedly a sandbox but no one knows jack shit about that game yet. Repop is in beta but as I said, it's indie so I'm not counting on a smooth launch there. DFUW is stuck in "beta" (more like an alpha from what I hear) and AV is such a clown company that I refuse to take them seriously. Got some other titles like Greed Monger, EoC and Pathfinder on the horizon but yet again: indie devs, slow development, Kickstarter campaigns, lack of substantial info, etc.

You want to wait around and keep your hopes up for a flourishing Western sandbox scene some time in future, that's fine. Me, I prefer to play a functional, fun game that's up and running as we speak. If you can't look beyond your personal prejudices of what makes a game "cheap f2p", it's your loss.

I guess the experince with AOW is going to vary from person to paerson. To me it felt low quality, clunky and combat was the worst part of all the features. However, as far as AAA title goes it has nothing to do with how you feel but the actual budgest behind the game. And i really doubt AOW can be considered as a AAA title .

But then again it is unfair to expect that some AAA devs to gamble with their money on high quality sandboxes when you are getting low quality indie MMOS like AOW from asia and holding them up as some new standard for comparison.  And it is not my prejudice but how i felt while playing the game,

If Asia has its AOW west has Repopulation. But although far in future World Of Darkness is going to be the first AAA title from west. So nope all is not doom and gloom like you are tryign to project.

I understand you are enjoying the game but this first month romance is nothing new on these forums. Where people go voer the board in praising the new MMO and try to make it something it is not. I tried it myself and i suggest others do the same and find it out for themselves if AOW is a quality AAA title which puts western devs to shame.

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney

I guess the experince with AOW is going to vary from person to paerson. To me it felt low quality, clunky and combat was the worst part of all the features. However, as far as AAA title goes it has nothing to do with how you feel but the actual budgest behind the game. And i really doubt AOW can be considered as a AAA title .

But then again it is unfair to expect that some AAA devs to gamble with their money on high quality sandboxes when you are getting low quality indie MMOS like AOW from asia and holding them up as some new standard for comparison.  And it is not my prejudice but how i felt while playing the game,

If Asia has its AOW west has Repopulation. But although far in future World Of Darkness is going to be the first AAA title from west. So nope all is not doom and gloom like you are tryign to project.

I understand you are enjoying the game but this first month romance is nothing new on these forums. Where people go voer the board in praising the new MMO and try to make it something it is not. I tried it myself and i suggest others do the same and find it out for themselves if AOW is a quality AAA title which puts western devs to shame.

Now you're rambling again and your point, if there is one, is lost.

First of all AoW is not indie. It has millions of players in China and Snail is a big company, so any comparison to Western indie devs where like 5 guys work on the game in their free time is just moot. The money is there if that's what you're concerned about. To me quality matters more than company budgets, but at least stable financials usually means professional coders and artists, and thus a more polished product (even if it certainly not guarantees good design, which recent AAA titles have shown.

As for your experience of the game it's kind of obvious that you just played for a few hours at the most, so please don't talk about quality when you haven't experienced more than the starter tutorial (which is horrible, no question). You don't like the game and that's ok, but that's personal preference based on your perception of what "cheap f2p" means (i.e. prejudice), not a factual statement about the game's actual features or design. But please feel free to elaborate on why it's low quality, rather than just repeating your personal, subjective sentiment. 

And yeah, some of us here might be a bit in love with this game. After all, it's a breath of fresh air on the stale MMO market and to me it was a surprise hit - I totally expected it to be "just another Asian ptw grinder" so I was really pleasantly surprised. But I am not blind to its flaws; there are issues (mostly translations, starter experience, risk of turning into ptw) but nothing that's serious enough to keep me from playing it. After all there's simply nothing else to play right now if you like oPvP and freeform play and also happen to prefer a working game. 

First of all AoW is not indie. It has millions of players in China and Snail is a big company, so any comparison to Western indie devs where like 5 guys work on the game in their free time is just moot. The money is there if that's what you're concerned about. To me quality matters more than company budgets, but at least stable financials usually means professional coders and artists, and thus a more polished product (even if it certainly not guarantees good design, which recent AAA titles have shown.

If you can give some link to show that AOW had a huge budgest behind it because that is what makes a MMO AAA.,, i would really appreciate that. Remembe i am not the one who brought it up so all i m asking is some factual info to confirm what you are saying. Because from gemplay it didn't feel like i am playing a AAA quality MMO.

As for your experience of the game it's kind of obvious that you just played for a few hours at the most, so please don't talk about quality when you haven't experienced more than the starter tutorial (which is horrible, no question). You don't like the game and that's ok, but that's personal preference based on your perception of what "cheap f2p" means (i.e. prejudice), not a factual statement about the game's actual features or design. But please feel free to elaborate on why it's low quality, rather than just repeating your personal, subjective sentiment. 

No actually i played it for 14 days on total and came back to it three times to return back with same experince. So you can assume all you like but if MMO doesn't grab you from get go  then chances are it won't grab you later on. But i still stick it out for two weeks to see if i can get past the clunky gameplay and animations.

And as far cheap F2P is cocerned and what it means i guess you  just know when you are playing a big budget MMO and AOW certainly didn't play like one for me. If i saw someone playing it i would think it is another MMO by Perfect World entertainment. Character models, graphics, animations..every thing gives such a deja vu feeling. The only thing that seperates AOW is its features

And yeah, some of us here might be a bit in love with this game. After all, it's a breath of fresh air on the stale MMO market and to me it was a surprise hit - I totally expected it to be "just another Asian ptw grinder" so I was really pleasantly surprised. But I am not blind to its flaws; there are issues (mostly translations, starter experience, risk of turning into ptw) but nothing that's serious enough to keep me from playing it. After all there's simply nothing else to play right now if you like oPvP and freeform play and also happen to prefer a working game. 

So as you said if i ever had any point it is lost. I was never trying to make a point but simply asking you to back up your claims regarding AOW being a AAA MMO from asia that puts western devs to shame. After all you are the one went on and for one page as how AOW is a high quality AAA MMO something i am having hard time to digest.

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

So as you said if i ever had any point it is lost. I was never trying to make a point but simply asking you to back up your claims regarding AOW being a AAA MMO from asia that puts western devs to shame. After all you are the one went on and for one page as how AOW is a high quality AAA MMO something i am having hard time to digest.

Whenever a troll starts to ask for proof I always ask what conditions can be shown to satisfy your demand for proof. I am not calling you a troll but I am going to go ahead and ask what conditions can be shown to prove, solely to your satisfaction, that a company is AAA. Snail has over 1,500 employees according to wikipedia, which is never wrong, and a very large subsriber base across it's entire catalogue of games.

Does AAA mean good? No plenty of AAA games crash and burn and it seems you are arguing over a stupid point.

Are there interesting projects on the drawing bored from the west for "sandbox" games? Sure somtime in 2014+ you might start to see this new wave in the west. Maybe by late 2013 you will see a hand full.

EQnext- who knows? nebulous rumor that you may see it at the end of 2013, or a demo, or something.

World of Darkness- CCP, good company sounds interesting...nothing released but a painting and a graphical walk through

Arch Age- oh wait this is from the east so it doesn't count to you

Repopulation- Looks cool...looks very indie as well...when is the release date for that again?

Pathfinder- estimated release date of what? 2016?

I wish all of the above best of luck, and the fact that they are not coming out for some time isn't an indication of quality at all, but not all games make it through the vaporware stage to actual production either. The only two of those that are AAA Western made MMO's are EQnext and World of Darkness...the two we know the absolute least amount of information on.

If you can give some link to show that AOW had a huge budgest behind it because that is what makes a MMO AAA.,, i would really appreciate that. Remembe i am not the one who brought it up so all i m asking is some factual info to confirm what you are saying. Because from gemplay it didn't feel like i am playing a AAA quality MMO.

The wikipedia entry says Snail has 1500 employes, offices in China, Taiwan, Russia, and the US, that they've localized their games to 20 languages, and has a global userbase of 70 millions accounts. That AAA enough for you? Don't know why you're so hung up on the AAA label anyway, you're an obvious Repopulation fanboy and you feel insulted by someone pointing out the flaws of Western indie devs. Why is it important to you whether AoW is AAA or not? Are you frustrated that an Asian game is more innovative than most Western games?

No actually i played it for 14 days on total and came back to it three times to return back with same experince. So you can assume all you like but if MMO doesn't grab you from get go  then chances are it won't grab you later on. But i still stick it out for two weeks to see if i can get past the clunky gameplay and animations.

And as far cheap F2P is cocerned and what it means i guess you  just know when you are playing a big budget MMO and AOW certainly didn't play like one for me. If i saw someone playing it i would think it is another MMO by Perfect World entertainment. Character models, graphics, animations..every thing gives such a deja vu feeling. The only thing that seperates AOW is its features

Yeah and if shiny graphics and animations are more important to you than features, you're not really into sandboxes anyway. Go play Tera or something. Besides AoW graphics and animations, while not cutting edge, are totally fine, especially compared to most Western indie games.

But if you played it for 14 days, perhaps you could describe why the actual features, not the graphics, are sub-par and low quality compared to Western sandboxes?

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

The game is fun, just a "little" pay2win , you can literaly speed up training by 50% and become the best at anyting if you got more money then the other guys. and while i had good fun in the game I just cant see the game survive longterm in the western market at current prizes.

btw..our definition of a sandbox has become extremely low...  its a instanced game whit nothign to do but fight ..and click on static nodes..neatly packed tho..

Originally posted by Eladi

The game is fun, just a "little" pay2win , you can literaly speed up training by 50% and become the best at anyting if you got more money then the other guys. and while i had good fun in the game I just cant see the game survive longterm in the western market at current prizes.

btw..our definition of a sandbox has become extremely low...  its a instanced game whit nothign to do but fight ..and click on static nodes..neatly packed tho..

Ah haha my friend I was think about this last night. You can't speed up 0. If you have no XP there is no cultivation to speed up. You need XP 1st and foremost, and for that you have to play the game! image

Nothing to do but fight? Nice try man. Almost got me there. Instanced? No copies of anything but dungeons. You clever poster you image keep up the goood work, not of here though.

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283

an AAA isnt just about the game mechanics, graphics, sound etc.., the company that is marketing/support etc.. is also very very important.

at the moment SNAIL has not been entirely honesty with their biz dealings e.g. the Elite edition where they promised a permanent horse and then decided it was to OP and they renage on this, it was finally given after a huge outcry and sadly this version that was given has a runspeed of 5.5 the slowest horse in the entire game, an honest company?????.

The 90 days headstart was also renage upon, this time their excuse was they decided not to do a char wipe for CBT2, which means that the VIP status has started, but they decided not to mention anything about this.

the list goes on and on.

imo, their rather shady biz antics and model i.e. bait and change tactics, my friendly advice is to stay clear and refrain from making any heavy investment into this game until they are clear on where they stand on game breaking issues e.g. timed items such as horse which has a big impact on a pvp centric game, selling of OP skills as in the CN version.

for now they are just another f2p cashshop money grapping company, definately NOT AAA at all.

just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by Eladi

a little is an understatment, buying gold and converting to unbound silver means you can technically buy all skills in-game and all the best clothes/jewelry, fastest horse etc..

not forgetting that u can train skills using unbound silver.

not sure which version that u played, but i played the NA version and its definately PAY2WIN, cause I know players are literally converting usd$300 to gold to buy up all the OP skills.

Originally posted by Agrias34

Jail time serves the purpose of detering rampant ganking and murder. So the freedom of being able to attack anyone anywhere comes with the price of risking jail if you kill people left and right for no legitimate reason. Also, you can avoid jail (at least for a time) by being better than the players who try to catch you.

That's called balance, which is essential in a well designed game.

If you prefer the freedom of unchecked murder rampages and noob griefing, log in to Mortal Online or something.

jail time is only a hindrance not a deterrence how is this balance and how is it well designed when there are ways round the bountry system too, and also kindly explain how does this compare to Mortal Online where death has it's consequences????

imo, if jail time is too long just login to an alt account and do something else, because of the one character per account, most players has at least 2 chars:p.

@elminzter

Ofc it's a deterrent, do you think most players enjoy spending hours of playtime in a cell or debuffed because of a beheading? Sure you can have a second account but that won't bring the inprisoned char out of jail any faster.

Because of the bounty/jail system there's far less mindless ganking than would have been the case if there was no penal system at all - given that Wushu has no safe zones, harsh consequences is all that prevents players from going on killing sprees. It's also great that justice is brought about by players and not some lame AI.

As for the MO comparison: it's an oPVP game as well, but it doesn't have a working penal/alignment system which means it's a griefer's paradise - the harsh death penalties and full loot makes this even worse for those who get killed repeatedly by bored PKs.
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Grable

"10 mins later, in a round  about way, I found 2, one through a friend. I turned myself in to her. She sent the 40 silver back, and I gave her 10."

Sorry, but this is just incredibly [mod edit]borders to exploit by my standards.

Other than that, waiting for EU myself as well. I could play NA or RU, but the ping is ~400ms and it makes combat stupid.

It is an exploit. The reason why it exists is because the penalty for being caught does not surpass the bounty amount. Which is a systematic flaw.

Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by Grable

"10 mins later, in a round  about way, I found 2, one through a friend. I turned myself in to her. She sent the 40 silver back, and I gave her 10."

Sorry, but this is just incredibly faggy and borders to exploit by my standards.

Other than that, waiting for EU myself as well. I could play NA or RU, but the ping is ~400ms and it makes combat stupid.

It is an exploit. The reason why it exists is because the penalty for being caught does not surpass the bounty amount. Which is a systematic flaw.

10 silver is the minimum bounty amount. 10 silver bounty = 20 minutes time out. 40 silver bounty means 1h 20 minutes of time out. a 100 silver bounty means 5hours time out. 

So you are telling me that someone dying 1 time or 2, losing 3 minutes of game play is being unfaily treated, while the other guy has to stop playing for a minum of 20 minutes? 

In my opinion the penalty is much too harsh, and I hope it gets tweeked before launch. This system is the reason why you dont see rampant killing. I think the it works too well to be honest.

AoW is filled with soft rules you are free to do whatever you want, if you are willing to pay the cost. Kinda like it is in real life...