Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to FF XIV - Classes question!

2»

Comments

• tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298
    Originally posted by Khrymson
    You can, but it won't be the most effective means.  Camping in one place and pulling mobs back is being abolished, but there will be plenty of party activities to engage in.

Where did you get this information from?  Because my experience with the game so far, and from what I've read they are fully supporting this style of play.  In fact I believe that it is currently the fastest form of xp.

• tommygunzIItommygunzII Member Posts: 321

Glad to hear about the similarities to FFXI. When I first heard about changing classes in the field I wasn't very fond of the idea, but this thread cleared up any concerns I had. Very much looking forward to this.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by tollbooth
    You can, but it won't be the most effective means.  Camping in one place and pulling mobs back is being abolished, but there will be plenty of party activities to engage in.

Where did you get this information from?  Because my experience with the game so far, and from what I've read they are fully supporting this style of play.  In fact I believe that it is currently the fastest form of xp.

It was actually a quote from Yoshida himself.  Apparently party monster grinding IS an option, but some of the other things such as doing dungeons for xp will be more efficient.

• KcebEnyawKcebEnyaw Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by nbtscan
    Originally posted by tollbooth

It was actually a quote from Yoshida himself.  Apparently party monster grinding IS an option, but some of the other things such as doing dungeons for xp will be more efficient.

Dungeon's won't likely be more efficient, persay, they will just make it seem like your doing something while you grind Mobs. 

I don't think anyone should be worried about the loss of Mob grinding. There will always be a way to make Party Grinding the most efficient method of Leveling. You just need to find the right Camp. We will still have XP chains, they just won't bump your XP/Kill up to 2000 anymore.

When Yodhida was talking about making Camping less efficient, he was speaking to bringing XP/Hour level way back down from the horrendous spike in 1.0.  Mob Griding got so out of Control, you could level 41-50 in about 2 to 3 hours.