Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Funcom's Beijing Studio Closing

2»

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Oldbugss
    Hey cool, some news about jobs coming to the US instead of being shifted overseas.

Funcom is a Norwegian company (from Oslo) so coming to the US is still overseas :p

• badgerAlumbadgerAlum Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by rawfox

If you ask me, they made a lot of bullshit since they decide to be a corporation some years ago, 5 or so.

Now they gonna rewert their bullshit in a corporate way and call it "restructuring".

Yeah, what are they going to say next?  Their "investors" have a say in "how they run their company"?  That their "finances" need to be "looked at"?  The nerve.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    I'm not sure what the big news is here, MMORPG.com. Funcom already said they would be centralizing their studios into one studio. Adding all these individual stories about the move, is only over-dramatizing the matter. Something I would expect to see on CNN.
  • IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Funcom's restructuring may well lead to bankruptcy  in the next year or so.
  • gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

So basically, jobs that were previously outsourced to China will now be handled primarily by American artists and animators.

Yeah, not seeing the bad thing here.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    What happens when the Conan ip license is up? will the owners be looking for a newer game made? could Funcom be in SWG territory if they make it that far. I cannot imagine many companies interesting in Funcom no real IP's worth having this isn't Bioware or even Relic, this is a small no-name outfit with little worth buying big companies want established IP's to mine what does funcom have really?

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer

So basically, jobs that were previously outsourced to China will now be handled primarily by American artists and animators.

Yeah, not seeing the bad thing here.

So American workers, who all ready had there hands full are now being told they have even more work to do,  but its not a bad thing?

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Globalism will eventually succeed to destroy world.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

In before "Funcom is doing great, TSW is a huge success, AoC has had 400% player gain since F2P"

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    funcom better get in shape before the banks crash again otherwise they will not survive ._.