Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

subb is to expensive in eu

it is costing me £9.50 a mouth to play not paying that much with the added tax.

so going to canncel subb was a blast playing though :))

but at almost £10 a mouth its the most expensive mmo to play in the uk :((

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by lovebug

as WoW and SW;TOR subs cost £9 and Eve costs £10 a month, kind of wonder just how much you think is right? or are you saying they should charge less than the going rate for some reason ? image

• lovebuglovebug Member UncommonPosts: 260
    so you think £9.50 is right for a year dot game ??
  • SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697
    Originally posted by Phry

as WoW and SW;TOR subs cost £9 and Eve costs £10 a month, kind of wonder just how much you think is right? or are you saying they should charge less than the going rate for some reason ? image

Yeah it seems on par with what I've heard as the pound cost on most MMOs and with this one you get 2 games for the price of one.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Im glad its subbed around 13 euro if not it would flooded with new generation of mmo players game will be doomed in its current status as old school mmo.

I specially subbed for ac1 so i could play AC2 as i remember it:)
  • KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

As others have stated(sort of) £8.99 is the premium sub rate in the UK, so this is only just above that.  MMO's like tsw and darkfall charge even more I believe, so as is £9.50 doesn't seem that bad.

Of course £9.50 doesn't seem that bad for a new mmorpg, but ac2 isn't new, isn't even one that's been up and rrunning all this time.  It's an mmo that had to be shut down because it didn't have enough subs to keep it going.  As that I have to agree with the op and think they are overcharging, but am going to say they are overcharging everybody not just us in th UK.  Would have liked to see this one with a f2p model like lotro or ddo maybe.  Or even better release at say 50%(give or take) of the premium.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by Karahandras
    As others have stated(sort of) £8.99 is the premium sub rate in the UK, so this is only just above that.  MMO's like tsw and darkfall charge even more I believe, so as is £9.50 doesn't seem that bad.Of course £9.50 doesn't seem that bad for a new mmorpg, but ac2 isn't new, isn't even one that's been up and rrunning all this time.  It's an mmo that had to be shut down because it didn't have enough subs to keep it going.  As that I have to agree with the op and think they are overcharging, but am going to say they are overcharging everybody not just us in th UK.  Would have liked to see this one with a f2p model like lotro or ddo maybe.  Or even better release at say 50%(give or take) of the premium.

Dev's have said F2P model is not in there plans yet.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    so you think £9.50 is right for a year dot game ??

since i do have a lot more fun in ac2 then in wow or eve (or most of the other games), yes, i do

Originally posted by Karahandras

As others have stated(sort of) £8.99 is the premium sub rate in the UK, so this is only just above that.  MMO's like tsw and darkfall charge even more I believe, so as is £9.50 doesn't seem that bad.

Of course £9.50 doesn't seem that bad for a new mmorpg, but ac2 isn't new, isn't even one that's been up and rrunning all this time.  It's an mmo that had to be shut down because it didn't have enough subs to keep it going.  As that I have to agree with the op and think they are overcharging, but am going to say they are overcharging everybody not just us in th UK.  Would have liked to see this one with a f2p model like lotro or ddo maybe.  Or even better release at say 50%(give or take) of the premium.

The standard dollar rate for subscription MMOs tends to be $15. This is $13 for 2 games at once. So if you wnat to look at it at "50% of the premium" you can see it as  $6.50 per game you get. So there you go, exactly what you wanted.

As I said in another thread people tend to forget that regardless of a game's age it does take money to keep it running. So saying "just make it cheaper" isn't really how it tends to work.

Originally posted by Classicstar

Dev's have said F2P model is not in there plans yet.

I didn't read it as a "yet".

They basically said it isn't going to change to F2P and it will remain part of the AC1 subscription so you will continue to get both games for the one sub.

http://forums.ac.turbine.com/showthread.php?t=59067

"~ The game will continue to be offered to all players with an Asheron's Call subscription. The game won't be split into its own subscription fee.

~ We don't have current plans to bring the game free to play with a store."

The phrase "We don't have current plans to..." is the same they've used with AC everytime someone has asked over the last several years so it is more of a "We have zero plans to do this".