Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best PC game with 1v1/Freeforall/Non-team-based PVP

godofthearenagodofthearena Member Posts: 4
Simply, I'm fed up with the lack of skill in PVP games these days. Actually, this wouldn't bother me if I could slaughter these simps on into infinity, but I can't: nearly every damn new PC game out builds strictly on team-based pvp instead of equally incorporating solo pvp into the mix. I play games because I'm good at them usually mastering an aspect and then having fun with that, but when I play these lousy excuses of pvp-genre video games today my fun time is wasted playing with CRAP-TEAMMATES. No matter how good you get in these games, you never get the gratification saught because they pair you with people who inevitable determine if you're going to do good/have fun/win or not.

Send me your PvP PC game that will free me from this prison!! If there's no good type of pvp game like this currently then for the love of god please tell me of one in development so there's still hope...

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Age of Wushu. Youtube pvp videos. Rock-paper-scissor. Heavy position oriented.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Vendetta Online; I wrote a couple articles on it.  There is team PvP content also, but it is mostly self-organized; you aren't dropped into a squad or anything like that unless you choose to join, or organize around a common cause.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• godofthearenagodofthearena Member Posts: 4

Bump original LFG description.

Age of Wushu, although appearing promising at first, was an utter disappointment. Literally felt like I was dropped into playing the product of Chinese crap.

Vendetta Online, won't even give this a go spacecraft scifi pvp is not wat real pvp I grew up on, don't say EVE either

Someone out there must have a good suggestion, go back reread OP please I beg you, think

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Ultima online...

If you can get it running... and find any people...

This have been a good conversation

• godofthearenagodofthearena Member Posts: 4

So far pretty lackluster recomendations for this type a game. For those curious like me, Star Wars Galaxies had been amsuing me for the moment over at the SWG emu server (google swgemu).

Still looking for real recomendations though...

• benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Originally posted by godofthearena
    Simply, I'm fed up with the lack of skill in PVP games these days. Actually, this wouldn't bother me if I could slaughter these simps on into infinity, but I can't: nearly every damn new PC game out builds strictly on team-based pvp instead of equally incorporating solo pvp into the mix. I play games because I'm good at them usually mastering an aspect and then having fun with that, but when I play these lousy excuses of pvp-genre video games today my fun time is wasted playing with CRAP-TEAMMATES. No matter how good you get in these games, you never get the gratification saught because they pair you with people who inevitable determine if you're going to do good/have fun/win or not.

Send me your PvP PC game that will free me from this prison!! If there's no good type of pvp game like this currently then for the love of god please tell me of one in development so there's still hope...

Gloria Victis is in development. It is a low fantasy medieval sandbox game that will have something that suits you well: Knights tournaments! :) It are 1vs 1 fights :)

Official website: http://gloriavictisgame.com/

Latest article: http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Gloria-Victis/interview/Gloria-Victis-Pre-Kickstarter-Interview

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Also, Chivalry Medieval Warfare (Combat Video Here)
  • benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Originally posted by BitterClinger
    Also, Chivalry Medieval Warfare (Combat Video Here)

Yeah, best pvp I've experienced in years. That company really nailed it with melee combat machanics. Like you almost feel the weight of the weapon that you swing. And it also has dual mode since last patch so no need to team up anymore ;) It's just not an mmorpg.