Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else feel the targeting and hitbox are not working as it should?

SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Hello fellow MMORPG readers and PoE players!

I have made a thread reporting the unusual trajectory and hitbox problem with Path of Exile and documented this with videos and images, yet people are shrugging and saying its fine.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/72875

Please watch the videos too so you can understand better the issue.

Is this really fine?

Have you seen any other action RPG use the ground line of sight instead of the eye line of sight?

The projectile should go where your mouse cursor is, regardless of perspective.

Would love to hear your opinions, thanks!

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation

Comments

• paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363

It is a little wonky.

Its a fun game but no where near as smooth as Diablo 2 or 3 or Torchlight 2.

For free I  won't complain much though.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I agree it is pretty rough. It's not game breaking the way it is but there are many times I have to re'aim' my cursor because where I clicked on the mob model didn't select it properly. it is definately a hitbox issue. I mostly play melee so I havn't really experienced the other issue.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Originally posted by Vannor
    I agree it is pretty rough. It's not game breaking the way it is but there are many times I have to re'aim' my cursor because where I clicked on the mob model didn't select it properly. it is definately a hitbox issue. I mostly play melee so I havn't really experienced the other issue.

Yup, its very annoying. :(

And I played melee and this is what happened:

http://youtu.be/7hrF3eUbuMg

lol!

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I thought the same way.

Then realized that there is an accuracy rating.  This rating can make your character miss a bow shot.

So instead of it wildly changing direction, it just goes over the monsters head when the game calculates a miss.

Make sense now?

Originally posted by kadepsyson

I thought the same way.

Then realized that there is an accuracy rating.  This rating can make your character miss a bow shot.

So instead of it wildly changing direction, it just goes over the monsters head when the game calculates a miss.

Make sense now?

That's not the issue. There are areas on the mobs that don't trigger the selection highlight when you hover over them.. it's like you have to aim more at where they are standing (thier feet and above). Aiming at thier arm though, for example, might not select them.

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391
    It s a tiny bit weird. Like your favorite dog with a lazy eye... every once in awhile it runs into the doorframe instead of through the opening.
  • jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Any targetting/hitbox issues you think you are experiencing are more than likely lag. Also wierd things like that happen right before crashes.
  • DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340
    I think you are unealistically demanding of whats considered correct and that your leaving of the game over it is comical.
    Originally posted by jpnole
    Any targetting/hitbox issues you think you are experiencing are more than likely lag. Also wierd things like that happen right before crashes.

Well, it's been like this for over a year. So even if that is the reason, it's not any more reassuring.

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312

You are spot on, I played the beta off and on since 2011...hoping that this game would improve.....well it hasn't.

While there are good things: Gem System

And unique things: Barter System

The most suck thing is the combat.......lol oh yeah and energy shields, need some laser guns too!

Originally posted by Grinnz

You are spot on, I played the beta off and on since 2011...hoping that this game would improve.....well it hasn't.

The most suck thing is the combat.......lol oh yeah and energy shields, need some laser guns too!

What's up with an energy shield? Even good ol' Gandalf used a magic shield (Shield of the Istari)...

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Originally posted by Grinnz

What's up with an energy shield? Even good ol' Gandalf used a magic shield (Shield of the Istari)...

Magic shields spell...sure I'll buy that, but not on every piece of light armour...

• R_M_BR_M_B Member UncommonPosts: 42

Just read your starting post on POE forum and It looks like answer you got from Rhys explains everything - working as intended. Of course you may not like it but you have to get used to it. 

I have played all Diablo games, both Torchlight games and possibly many other ARPG I do not remember right now (Nox and Titan Quest come to my mind when typing this post, but I suer that still not all) but you know what - I haven't notice this issue.  Now, when you show it to me, I obliviously noticed it but I seems it is not important, cause I have learned how to aim somewhere between lvl 1 and lvl 2 on my first ranged char. 

So the way I see it it is not the game but gamer issue. In PoE targeting works as you noticed it. Either you will be able to adapt to it and have fun with a quite good free game, or you won't and you will have to go back to any other ARPG you have played.

B)