Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion , bring in factional servers and you got me for life!

Comments

• MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by Tayah
    I'd rather them leave it alone and release it as it was made, but in English of course though, and not modify anything for us here in the West.

^ This. The whole point of the third continent is everyone vs everyone! Factions would encourage too much cooperation and you would just end up with one side or another dominating each server(pretty much whichever side has the higher population). With free for all you will still have alliances, but there will be more flux and conflict.

I am all for options though. Extra servers with factional options wouldnt hurt anyone.

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953
    Originally posted by Murashu
    Originally posted by Thandras

Is it me or does everyone seem to be missing his point? He asked for a SERVER to be added with factions. Not to change the entire game?

May be my reading comprehension isn't what it used to be but that doesn't seem like an unreasonable request. It might actually open the game up to more revenue by provding a medium for people that would enjoy that type of system.

We tried that argument with Trion during the Rift alpha and although they said they would entertain the idea of having servers with different rulesets, the idea was eventually dismissed. I guess having multiple versions of game code for different server types is just too much work, hassle, cost...whatever excuse they want to come up with.

Good info, I will just past and leave the elitest to their darkfall population :) haha, j/k! in any case good to know, this = pass for me and the guild. GL in the game thou, looks fun.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• goofy3kgoofy3k Member UncommonPosts: 250
    The same thing happens everytime a western publisher takes on an eastern mmo, they ask for all these changes and expect they can be done. None of this will be implemented, the only changes they make are languages, maybe edit some character models for the west, change the xp gain rate and add some quests/edit the text or rewards. It's so funny watching people who think the game will change much. Always the same crappy eastern mmo published in English - that's all it's going to be, seen it too many times.
  • RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by chaintm
    Allot of opinions for those that it wouldn't effect other then less to gank, any negative responses to this are just that, this has no effect on your direct gameplay beyond the fact that the community has a choice. One , that I might add , you don't have to make.

Of course it affects my gameplay, the developers waste resource trying to turn the player faction game I want to play into a different game, and worse if it was successful they would abandon my player faction game.

Happily, I have a player faction game coming out and your idea is a pipe dream.

I'd rather them leave it alone and release it as it was made, but in English of course though, and not modify anything for us here in the West.

+1

next someone will be asking to tone down the virtual world aspect and make it more lobby based.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735
    They wrote they will be modifying things for the western playing community. Obviously languages for one, but another is possible changes , they won't get into details thou, read that at pcgamer. edit: oh btw, they are not just a publisher ;P

MOdyifing for western audience usually means adjusting cash shop, adjusting rates (upping xp gains, drops, etc.) and small tweaks to specific mechanics (like for eg. death penalties and so on). They can't add completely new features, they can't overhaul core gameplay systems, and any change they do needs ot be discussed with original developer first because that's how licensing usually works. 

Wow, we kinda ended this thread, this topic must steam you two, to be bothered by it so much, so much so i think you might think it would actually happen. Thou after a good poster here pointed out, I think your darkfall game is secure, no worries gank the noobs! They will come in droves for at least a good year! hehe, have fun man, just not for me, been there done that, kinda bored with that concept. Awsome looking game thou.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

Have you actually read your signature OP?

"The monster created isn't by 
    the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was" -Chaintm

Originally posted by RefMinor
    Have you actually read your signature OP?

"The monster created isn't by 
    the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was" -Chaintm

NO I have no clue what your talking about.

• ziabatsuziabatsu Member UncommonPosts: 150

This game is basicly a remake of my beloved Dark Age of Camelot, if you brought factional servers in I would be there for life!

1. Easier to identify sides

2. Alliances will sprout more quickly

3. Random ganks, fun, but get old and sometime annoying, can still happen in factional with people jumping the border, but more people will work togather in their own lands.

4. More boarder wars then just random battles, making for more organized pvp!

5. I think the biggest draw to the factional idea for me is like daoc, you just get a great community when you are at the start semi pre-determined ... "ok these guys are my buds! all of them!".

6. Settlements and defenses would forge more togather for defense etc, I can imagin some nice boarder walls etc ;)

7. Easier for starting players to get into and not rage and quit.

8. Opens up for a more friendly community just by the server rules.

-----------

add to the list or argue if you like, I just think factional would rock in this game.

Every gay reason you listed are reasons no sandbox fan gives a fuck about. it's a sandbox game. Not a theme-park game. It wasn't made for you. Play World of Warcraft or one of the other millions of games out there and let us have a few fuckin sandbox titles w/out being babies, plz? Carebears ruined all the fun oldschool games, lol.

Originally posted by ziabatsu

This game is basicly a remake of my beloved Dark Age of Camelot, if you brought factional servers in I would be there for life!

3. Random ganks, fun, but get old and sometime annoying, can still happen in factional with people jumping the border, but more people will work togather in their own lands.

5. I think the biggest draw to the factional idea for me is like daoc, you just get a great community when you are at the start semi pre-determined ... "ok these guys are my buds! all of them!".

6. Settlements and defenses would forge more togather for defense etc, I can imagin some nice boarder walls etc ;)

-----------

add to the list or argue if you like, I just think factional would rock in this game.

Every gay reason you listed are reasons no sandbox fan gives a fuck about. it's a sandbox game. Not a theme-park game. It wasn't made for you. Play World of Warcraft or one of the other millions of games out there and let us have a few fuckin sandbox titles w/out being babies, plz? Carebears ruined all the fun oldschool games, lol.

Blind fanboizm, you know nothing of my playing style or my choices, cursing doesn't hold weight nor does crazy statements, tell you what, when you want a rational conversation let.... wait hold that, this is mmorpg, nm... I recommend , following that advice on your pic.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362
    Wow, we kinda ended this thread, this topic must steam you two, to be bothered by it so much, so much so i think you might think it would actually happen. Thou after a good poster here pointed out, I think your darkfall game is secure, no worries gank the noobs! They will come in droves for at least a good year! hehe, have fun man, just not for me, been there done that, kinda bored with that concept. Awsome looking game thou.

Man you are so pathetic

Your arrogance and pedantism are extraordinary

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• SatchoSatcho Member UncommonPosts: 34

Go play TESO.

Let ArcheAge be ArcheAge.

• MMOdad72MMOdad72 Member Posts: 93

Waste of their resources , they shouldn't spend the time trying to code , debug , and support something like this that would require quite a bit of effort.

ArchAge , like Lineage , should be about player guilds/factions , not hard coded "sides".

There are games for that already ,

Personally hoping Trion doesnt dumb the game down at all in it's "westernization".

But regardless , this is definitely something that I would hope they wouldn't consider spending the amount of time it would take , isnstead focusing on the support of the game as it was intended as much as possible.

• AmateAmate Member Posts: 88

Wow, when I first read the OP i got sad and annoyed at the same time. I thought to myself "darn, now that a western publisher was announced all the DAOC/WOW players will show up and try to turn this game into another rigid RvR game".

Then I saw all the following posts about Lineage 1, blood pledge, player-made faction. Thank you guys, I don't feel alone anymore!

@OP, please please please, don't try to turn ArcheAge into something else.

Meh, got me, original concept was a faction server, how this effects you guys directly still boggles the mind, did I ask for any mechanic change? Nope just how the pvp is played in relation to each player. One can argue that is changing the mechanic, but alas it's a server style not a choice forced upon you , thou you hate the idea for it's less people to gank. When I see all the negative to this thread, it all says one thing "What ? You are trying to  take our population away from the real game?" Yeah, it's a big conspiracy to take away your fun. Whatever you do, don't read anymore in this thread, someone might be watching!

• Astor1977Astor1977 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I can see no harm in having a server focused more on the pve aspects of the game.  Or just let each player toggle the pvp mode on their own.

I want to build, craft, trade, explore; not be ganked by some douchebag looking to boost his epeen. Forcing people to either pvp or not play is a bad idea and will hurt more than help the game.

• cyandkcyandk Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by Astor1977

I want to build, craft, trade, explore; not be ganked by some douchebag looking to boost his epeen. Forcing people to either pvp or not play is a bad idea and will hurt more than help the game.

But thats one huge aspect of ArcheAge. If people don't like it they should simply find another MMORPG. Plenty of those kinds of games out there for the crowd. We need something like ArcheAge and its current "rules" on the western market.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

• dynamicipftwdynamicipftw Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Great idea. But make seperate 3-faction servers so everyone's happy.
  • Astor1977Astor1977 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Originally posted by cyandk
    Originally posted by Astor1977

But thats one huge aspect of ArcheAge. If people don't like it they should simply find another MMORPG. Plenty of those kinds of games out there for the crowd. We need something like ArcheAge and its current "rules" on the western market.

I haven't found another "sandbox" mmo that doesn't revolve around full pvp.   For that matter, I've not found many sandbox mmo's at all.  Too many themeparks.

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491
    Originally posted by RefMinor

+1

next someone will be asking to tone down the virtual world aspect and make it more lobby based.

+1

LOL

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Thandras

Is it me or does everyone seem to be missing his point? He asked for a SERVER to be added with factions. Not to change the entire game?

May be my reading comprehension isn't what it used to be but that doesn't seem like an unreasonable request. It might actually open the game up to more revenue by provding a medium for people that would enjoy that type of system.

It would take resources to do develope this special server.  I would rather see those resources going for more content.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• cyandkcyandk Member UncommonPosts: 142

Jake Song said:

Adding factional servers to ArcheAge.... it would defeat the entire purpose of the game. It will not happen.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

• xSh0xxSh0x Member Posts: 125

-----------

Their are three factions in AA.  Two comprising two sets of races, set on two different continents.  If you kill your own faction, you get sent to court, and then sometimes to prison.  If you get sent enough, you are forced into the pirate faction, which operates off an island with its own set of special faction NPCs and traders.  You will be banned from NPC cities and NPC trade on the main faction continents.

Eh, it's all good, he already said a factional server won't happen, looks like a fun game but as for myself and my guild we are passing on it. I am sure those that like open world pvp will thrive here no doubt. GL