Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Flame and Frost Update Storm's Views

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

Flame&Frost Review

So we have the new patch info up for Jan 28th on the main site. Plenty of good info there likes guesting and the changes to achievements. I hope this breathes life into a very empty world. Most of everyone who is online hides in the main cities. Or live in constant a dungeon that doesn’t make for a very fun open world experience.

And you have new gamers trying to do upper level zone events for the very first time. Going through the game a second time gave me perspective on that struggle. But I’ve always been a loner and scrap my way through zones in games. It’s funny to say that because I’ve been a major guild leader 3 times successfully.

Also coming in that looks fun is the new pvp zone very happily name Silent Storm. Like I said in the video it’s not named after me that be cool but it’s not. But I do plan on doing something special for a dungeon sharing my name. Hey I had this name since 95 almost twenty years of the storm. Got to add this place to the fun don’t you think?

I am hoping the infusions however have a fun new variety of things to add. And also hoping people don’t act lazy about doing world achievements to get them. I won’t comment on the Quaggan back pack because I’d used a word deemed culturally insensitive to describe that.

I know I'm beating around the bush a bit. But what I really want to say is this enough for you? Are you interested is it too late or are you all aboard and ready to roll out? I was more to the point in the video I think I actually wander a bit more writing things out.

Comments

• MadamefateMadamefate Member Posts: 171
    Where is the dungeon fix they talked about?
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    I like how it's called a "Prelude". It gives me this feeling much bigger things are comming ^^
  • NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    The updates and new content looks great. Anet has never disappointed me. I look forward to digging through some new and old content for achievements, as well as scapping it out in PvP.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    Originally posted by Madamefate
    Where is the dungeon fix they talked about?

The first phase of the dungeon revamp I think is still happening, it is just something that will be posted in the actual patch notes. The only thing the first phase is doing is removing WP rushing and nerfing a few of the bosses to make up for it anyways, not too big of a deal. I think the 2nd phase is coming in Feb/March where they revamp the bosses and add new rewards, probably March.

I can't wait for the February patch though. This patch, while nice for a reason to login every day (the daily achieve) will probably not get me playing much more then I do now unfortunately. I am really looking forward to the February patch since it has progression additions for WvW and hopefully it comes sooner then later! (Early Feb please!)

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    The dungeon fix thing probably will sneak it's way in a few weeks later. Which will be nice but I wish it was sooner :)
  • MadamefateMadamefate Member Posts: 171
    Side note anyone know if daily perks apply to doing dungeons that would revive that. I've been looking around for info where is that reddit post?
  • will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365
    WvW progression is why i quit.. It's what i am waiting for.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Thanks again Storm ..always like to see your take on things

Thx Bad Dog I'll be reviving come the patch and covering the game again. Really had nothing to cover that exciting until now.

WvW progression or lack of it also burned me out of doing it. I couldnt see myself running all over maps for weeks for nothing.

• TheMagickDollTheMagickDoll Member Posts: 29
    Lost me on that comment.  I run into people outside the major cities all the time.  Its has not changed for since the start of the game.
    Yea right even on the highest pop server right before the patch. You wouldn't find many people in areas besides Orr. The game's own creators stated that and went so far as to say it in two recent states of the game.
  • ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    A video brought me to this game and failed I do not think another will bring me back. I do not see a patch bringing me back there is no community or any sense of organization in the community unlike my previous experiences in MMOs. The end game seems dull and dry (believe me i tried it got the skins etc. but it was not worth it I didn't see a point). This game is just very lacking to me and I do not see me going back I even attempted earlier today but seeing how there is no map chat or ANYTHING and seems deader than a door knob I realy don't think i want to put my foot back in the water.
    Well GW2 doesn't excel at community involvement. I said that to the dev's on reddit. And they responded to me saying that they are working on those aspects. Which means even if they were serious you won't see that soon.