Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Besides Bugs,Balance, and Housing, how could GW2 be improved?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,384
Besides Bugs,Balance, and Housing, how could GW2 be improved?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    for me i would create an entire new skillset just for PVP.. then i would take the current weapon skillset and use the current utility system and add that to weapons allowing you to mix and match differn't weapon skills as well. Then i would put in a system to aquire tokens to buy new skills by doing various events and encounters throughout the world.. I would also add in guild halls and completely flesh out the guild system adding in guild skills and equipment and guild activities.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Scorp2778Scorp2778 Member Posts: 31
    I would like to see more of an advanced skill system. Although you can have new skills with different items, the skills you get per item aren't enough for me. Adding one or two more interchangable skills per item would add depth to characters and give players more options of how to play a class. I thought the combat was fun but a little shallow from a skills perspective.
  • eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264

ANd this how one member reached spotlight poster..

On topic nothing to discuss here. You guys are just going to get your jimmies rustled.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Daft question by op. same as gw1, skills, skills, skills and refinement of pve and pvp.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Actually having GvG?

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

Originally posted by Vunak23
    Actually having GvG?

they showed the data on GW1 GvG it was a TINY % that actually played it so they decided not to work on it for GW2 release... may be in some day who knows

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    When you say 'actually gvg', did you mean to say 'I would love gvg'

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

After reading the thread about sexism it got me thinking that GW2 breast physics are a little lacking.

Oh, and let people make fat toons if they want.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Originally posted by eyelolled

After reading the thread about sexism it got me thinking that GW2 breast physics are a little lacking.

really? hmm my norn and human have pretty good physics honestly:)

Originally posted by Aerowyn

show me!  :P

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    More skills, weapon sets for professions. Better elite skills, like in GW1 where they could define your build. And all those things ANet is currently working on like guild missions, better boss fights etc.

show me!  :P

lol i can possibly put a video together later if i have time

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

It would improve by stopping to be GW2. IE: Open world PvP, introduce trinity and add actual group content.

So in short, it can't improve while it remains to be GW2, and if it improve, it'll turn into a diferent game.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

Originally posted by Alber_gamer

It would improve by stopping to be GW2. IE: Open world PvP, introduce trinity and add actual group content.

So in short, it can't improve while it remains to be GW2, and if it improve, it'll turn into a diferent game.

Good thing people share such productive input. At least it's not just another person that has no interest in the game trolling about how  every single game available should suit their own preference, cause that would be silly.

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    more lateral content and more features. good thing both are in the works. the one thing i wish they did differently was getting the sPvP up to snuff out the gate. coming form GW it is a huge letdown.
    Originally posted by Rthuth434
    more lateral content and more features. good thing both are in the works. the one thing i wish they did differently was getting the sPvP up to snuff out the gate. coming form GW it is a huge letdown.

agree here sPVP needs more types of maps and gameplay modes

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

I think something to fix the WvW issue where the underdog gets even further behind cause not many stick around.

While I am enjoying the fact my server (Magumma) has the other 2 servers on 'farm' status, not sure if it is a good one.

Seeing 'X server SOS / Mass Exodus on Server Y!' doesn't seem right.

Hopefully the paid X-fer will deter that though.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Originally posted by Rthuth434

agree here sPVP needs more types of maps and gameplay modes

Even though I never once played a sPvP match, so it doesn't really affect me, I think this should have a bigger priority.

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
    By adopting, arena for arena, GW 1's pvp system.  Why this is called Guild Wars 2 and there are no GvG possibilities is beyond me.  Quite frankly, I found GW1's gameplay more entertaining than GW2.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• ScaryMonkScaryMonk Member Posts: 97
    Look this is entirely pointless,  If we accept that most people on this site are slightly inept when it comes to any sense of pathos, and judging by most posts they have a general antipathy towards most people, can we just accept they are abnormal?  Guild Wars 2 is crap, but I do not want this crowd to tell me so.  
    Originally posted by ScaryMonk
    Look this is entirely pointless,  If we accept that most people on this site are slightly inept when it comes to any sense of pathos, and judging by most posts they have a general antipathy towards most people, can we just accept they are abnormal?  Guild Wars 2 is crap, but I do not want this crowd to tell me so.  

maybe you could try offering up an opinion that had some sort of value, and people wouldn't tell you things you don't want to hear.

• HardcodedHardcoded Member UncommonPosts: 97

hmm depends, did they ever add the promised features? such as bar fights, shooting gallery, etc?

Originally posted by darkmyth78

hmm depends, did they ever add the promised features? such as bar fights, shooting gallery, etc?

nope but granted not many play keg brawl even though it's pretty fun so doubt they will be spending lot of time at the moment working on things not many will be doing... but with the new achievement system it would be a good idea to bring in new mini-games to add more things they could allow you to do to get laurels.

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

-Remove all the millions of  travel portals in every zone and implement few Flight paths and mounts.

-Implement world pvp servers

-Implement at least 2 factions to fight agains eachother

-Implement more bars with more skills and spells to use not just 5 and another 5 

-Implement specialization in classes, dont allow every class to do dps, heal and tank at the same time( holy trinity is the way to do a proper mmorpg)

-Make gear have stats that people wanna have to improve and become stronger just like any real mmorpg and just like irl, the one with better gear normally wins, its just the way it is in life.

-Remove active dodge, i want to have passive defence stats, i wanna have fun playing a game relaxed...its an mmorpg afterall.

-remove all the portals everywere

-Make the game hard enough so people can die sometimes when they are leveling and have more then 2 mobs hitting them.

• SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189
    a pvp server