Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

all hail archeage king of sandbox late 2013.

archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88

wooo best news i heard today partnering up with trion worlds to publish archeage.

All hail king of sandbox of late 2013 release. Undisputed polished sandbox mmorpg ever released.

i think hell has frozen over.

Comments

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by archeageking

wooo best news i heard today partnering up with trion worlds to publish archeage.

All hail king of sandbox of late 2013 release. Undisputed polished sandbox mmorpg ever released.

ArcheAge is already released.

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

Not in america

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    I'm not normally one for hype, but dammit do you guys have me curious about this game!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by OgreRaper

Not in america

So?  Also, is "america" the only place Trion will publish it?

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    I have been fooled to many times. when this game is out for 6 months then we shall see.
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf
    I have been fooled to many times. when this game is out for 6 months then we shall see.

It'll be out six months before Trion will release it.

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

Completely agree, that news made my day yesterday! My bro and I even toasted margarita's to Archaege and Jan 24th as the day it began.

Also as an ex-Rift player, IMHO there is no way Archeage would have seen the light in 2013 (hopefully) unless Trion published. During my time in Rift, I was constantly amazed as what content they were able to develop quickly within patch cycles. I would say to myself "how the hell did they get all this done in this amount of time". If they apply the same commitment and resources they did with patching Rift, they will knock out localization in no time.

It is really nice to see your most anticipated game being handled by my most trusted dev/publisher.

GG Trion and hurry and take my money!!!

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Psssh. Here we go. Some guy going on about how "their" game is the best. Who does that?

Glad Trion picked up the AA contract.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565
    oh god he used the term sandbox, read my article i debunk that 'sandbox/themepark' crap
    Originally posted by eyelolled

Psssh. Here we go. Some guy going on about how "their" game is the best. Who does that?

Glad Trion picked up the AA contract.

The irony is intentional, right?  Just asking lol

Yeah at least now we know it is coming out in the west.  I do think it is funny that both the USA and Australia are considered west.

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001

Awesome first post.  Sure you're not an Ad Bot?

Not sure about the "king", "undisputed", and "ever" bits. 

Keep riding that hype-train, fanboi.

I am relieved that Trion is picking it up, though.  It is definitly one of the 3 games on my radar.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    The term sandbox and trying to categorise mmorgs is terribly dated tbh, simply a great mmorg for all zones is win, fingers crossed for archeAge.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• ereyethirnereyethirn Member Posts: 79
    Originally posted by OgreRaper

Not in america

So?  Also, is "america" the only place Trion will publish it?

Yes because America is the only place in the world. Just go watch a hollywood move, do aliens ever attack Japan or Australia or Brazil? No because those places don't exist. Or so Americans think.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by ereyethirn

Yes because America is the only place in the world. Just go watch a hollywood move, do aliens ever attack Japan or Australia or Brazil? No because those places don't exist. Or so Americans think.

That's like saying the people of India feel the rest of the world doesn't exist because most Bollywood movies take place in India.

Hate and prejudice do such a crazy number on a person's sense of logic.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• KendaneKendane Member UncommonPosts: 225

Not to say this game will be bad or anything, but hailing a game king of anything is a bit premature at this point isn't it? I mean to be "king" of the Sandbox genre I guess is less of a tall order then Themepark but still. I just hate people hyping themselves up and then becoming bitter because the game didn't end up being the soul and essence of Jesus and puppy dogs and kittens turned into a video game.

Mind you I don't like those that same this game is garbage either, for the same reasons of the game isn't out yet. The game looks interesting to be sure, its just that a lot of factors could hurt or help it. If the grind is too fast/slow, servers have a poor launch(I'm optomistic on this because of Trion and Rift's launch though), rovaing hordes of troll players making sure no one can get anything done in the game and the in game punishments aren't enough nor there being enough players willing to put a stop to them. Finally theres always the chance that of the two main factions one will be much more popular and basically "own" the third contenent and grief the opposing contienent until they all quit.(not sure if you can travel to enemy contienents)

Alternativly though it could be relativly balanced, with factions being more of a guideline and people more interested in guilds, maybe some cool player cities(it is cities right? Not just build a castle and your done?) with some making a mark and being as well known as say, Stormwind is in Warcraft. So I guess we will see.

Also what is with people getting so indignent when someone simply mentions it hasn't been released in America or is Trion only releasing it in America that someone feels the needs to insult Americans acusing them of thinking only they exist. IT IS POSSIBLE that Trion is "Only" releasing it in America, and that various other publishers will release it elsewhere. But you're right, all us "Americans" are a hivemind and no not of these lands outside of America are that you speak of. You really have to get over yourself, because maybe, JUST MAYBE, Trion isn't releasing it in Brazil or elsewhere, and they will have a different publisher. Oh and I'm sorry the other jab people throw is Americans refering to themselves as such since there are other countries in North and South America. So I guess I should have been saying United States....ians.....United Statesanies?

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

The Trion release notice stated that they were releasing in in Australia, New Zealand, Turkey, NA & EU.

mail.ru has Russia. Gigamedia has indonesia/singapore, Tencent has China, cannot remember the Japanese publisher at the moment.

Currently leaving South America, Africa, India, etal without a dedicated publisher so far.