Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW - This Game Looks Incredible!

bigfishcjpbigfishcjp Member UncommonPosts: 6

I've been playing mmorgs since the highly missed days of Everquest (original).  There's been many good games that have come out but everything after Everquest has me always missing something.  Whether it's the graphics being too comical, the game being too non-immersive, or the game being too easy, etc. 

For some reason this game really has me excited, more so than others in the past.  I'm really looking forward to this game. It's definitely the genre I love with the graphics and more realistic models.  I'm one of those guys that love these type of animations as well as love the holy trinity - tank/healer/dps or cc classes.  I'm old school I guess but for some reason I don't like games that have every class healing and tanking/dps'ing all in one class just with different flavors of it.   This game looks good.

Comments

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by bigfishcjp

I've been playing mmorgs since the highly missed days of Everquest (original).  There's been many good games that have come out but everything after Everquest has me always missing something.  Whether it's the graphics being too comical, the game being too non-immersive, or the game being too easy, etc. 

For some reason this game really has me excited, more so than others in the past.  I'm really looking forward to this game. It's definitely the genre I love with the graphics and more realistic models.  I'm one of those guys that love these type of animations as well as love the holy trinity - tank/healer/dps or cc classes.  I'm old school I guess but for some reason I don't like games that have every class healing and tanking/dps'ing all in one class just with different flavors of it.   This game looks good.

What looks incredible? We haven't gotten to see anything yet. I'm hopeful too, but I will save my enthusiasm until I actually get to see some ingame footage or get my hands on it myself.

Now what Smed says actually sounds good, but we'll have to see if they actually deliver.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• bigfishcjpbigfishcjp Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Sir you got some in game footage. The large video screen in Overview tab. That's mostly in game.  Gives you a good feel for the graphical appearance. 
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Tayah

What looks incredible? We haven't gotten to see anything yet. I'm hopeful too, but I will save my enthusiasm until I actually get to see some ingame footage or get my hands on it myself.

Now what Smed says actually sounds good, but we'll have to see if they actually deliver.

Here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sv160bre2og

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Distopia

Here you go

that video has been around for months too:P graphics do look good hopefully it plays well and has some good systems in place.. we shall see

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• SwiftrevoirSwiftrevoir Member UncommonPosts: 158

I thought surely this would be a troll post when I first saw it in the list.  What a pleasant surprise!  I'm properly hyped as well but don't let anyone else know lest the real trolls come out of the forest and poop on our excitement.  >.>

Like you I'm hoping the TESO devs see this and up our odds of getting into closed beta ^^.  *queue skyrim theme song*

Here you go

I've seen that, but that's very little to form my opinion that the game will be Incredible. I honestly hope it ends up being an awesome mmorpg, but we really need more footage from actual players and their opinions on how it all plays as well, as well as being able to get our hands on it for beta, to be able to make a real decision on it.

I suppose I've been burnt so many times the past few years with hype from devs with all their promises.

Dark Age of Camelot

Originally posted by Aerowyn

Here you go

that video has been around for months too:P graphics do look good hopefully it plays well and has some good systems in place.. we shall see

At the moment I'm cautiously optimistic about it, it all looks and sounds good to me.As you said though.."we shall see". :)

• ZorlofeZorlofe Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Op, I share you sentiments exactly. Hopefuly this won't just be great eye candy and deliver what we've been waiting for to return again. I know some of what we are missing is just nostalgia but there is this certain rare mix of things that all MMO's have been missing for some time since EQ.

Here you go

I've seen that, but that's very little to form my opinion that the game will be Incredible. I honestly hope it ends up being an awesome mmorpg, but we really need more footage from actual players and their opinions on how it all plays as well, as well as being able to get our hands on it for beta, to be able to make a real decision on it.

Of course I hope at this point most realize it's best to reserve judgement until you have actual experience playing a good chunk of the game.

At the moment I'm cautiously optimistic about it, it all looks and sounds good to me.As you said though.."we shall see". :)

Same here, I really want it to be a great mmo that I'll enjoy for years, but we've been promised so much before from other devs, I'm taking the wait and see approach this year, heh.

Dark Age of Camelot

Same here, I really want it to be a great mmo that I'll enjoy for years, but we've been promised so much before from other devs, I'm taking the wait and see approach this year, heh.

Can't blame you there at all :).

well you surely won't be short on options this year that's for sure.. unless we end up with a lots of pushbacks...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

Sorry to break your bubble OP, but the game won't have the holy-trinity (at least not the way we are used to see it). So if you don't like games that doesn't have it, you won't like TESO.

edit: Forgot to add that the game will also won't have an aggro system.

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by SirFubar

Sorry to break your bubble OP, but the game won't have the holy-trinity (at least not the way we are used to see it). So if you don't like games that doesn't have it, you won't like TESO.

Well the devs have said that the trinity is in the game, and the no aggro comment was made back in may before they completely changed the combat system, so i would take that with a grain

Edit: the way I'm hoping they do it, is to not have an agro table as such, instead have the tank have active abilities that place a taunt debuff on a mob and you have to actively keep the debuff up, hate that tanking is typically just a dps rotation + "oh *BLEEP*!" buttons

well you surely won't be short on options this year that's for sure.. unless we end up with a lots of pushbacks...

Lets hope they are all fantastic mmo's and they're so good, we'll have a hard time choosing between them or have to buy em all. :)  We need some good mmorpg's out there, we need competition.

Dark Age of Camelot

Lets hope they are all fantastic mmo's and they're so good, we'll have a hard time choosing between them or have to buy em all. :)  We need some good mmorpg's out there, we need competition.

i have a list of like 7 or so I'm interested in odds are ill enjoy 1 or 2..  between that and as long as gw2 keep pushing out the content i dunno what I'm going to do heh.. ill be buying them all(or at least testing them) though i always do i try every MMO that peaks my interest which is generally almost all of them:P

• For a game slated for a 2013 release we've seen disturbingly little gameplay.
  • drebiandrebian Member Posts: 28

Axxar, that's because the game isn't even in beta yet. Generally, gameplay videos are released during or after initial beta.

They do have a video that shows some gameplay along with the Developer introduction, but that's early Alpha. There's no guarantees that the game is still like what's shown in the video. I haven't seen any dev posts saying they did any changes to the graphics engine, but I also haven't read through EVERY developer news article...

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Originally posted by SirFubar

no it does have a trinity.  what it doesnt have is an agro table.  Tanks tank through crowd control, collision detection, damage prevention on allies etc..

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

I'm interested in seeing how the AI turns out.

You can tank, heal and dps.

The AI can tank, heal and dps.

Should make dungeons a lot more interesting that way.