Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$200

Comments

• Got greedy in his old age, I suppose.
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

I see people still worrying about why, where and how people chose to spend their money. I can also see that token 'they are greedy' guy has also made an appearance. All is well then.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182
    Originally posted by Axxar
    Got greedy in his old age, I suppose.

That's why you can unlock everything in the game for free?

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Axxar
    Got greedy in his old age, I suppose.

You are thinking small. $200 is greedy?

Scientology, which sells bad sci-fi for 10s of thousands of dollars, is greedy. David is merely pushing the market.

Plus, it is a free market. You are free to NOT give him any money.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Guys! Free market is not a market where everything is free!
  • SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by birdycephon

Can you please give me everything you own that costs $200 or less?  Why not, isn't $200 the exact same thing as FREE?!  You just implied it was.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    $200 is a relatively small amount of money.  However the features of the game and the things you get for the money are relatively much smaller.
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I'm no familiar with marvel heroes, it's not my type of game, but I have a question. Are people beta testing it first before paying for it? Or just paying $200 hoping it will be good? Just curious.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

So umm... why do you even care?

If people wanna drop $200 on this game, by all means, let them. It only helps the developer put out more content.

if this was true i think all games would be subscription based for the sake of constantly getting mroe content. This stopped being true when most devs started to inhale cash and exhale empty promises.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by skamper

Did anyone seriously pay this? And if you did, did you even play the game first?

i would give them $60 bucks if the game gave you at least as much freedom as DCUO does. Sadly isometric Diablo-like games have limited gameplay. I would buy their $20 pack though to support the game because I love marvel. They are my favorite heroes of all time but with the price of Torchlight 2 i cannot see how i could buy a $200 pack for this game no matter whats in that pack. If i even spend $200 or more in the long run it would be for things that i choose to buy from their cash shop, not some weird cash grab pack

Originally posted by Souldrainer

Can you please give me everything you own that costs $200 or less?  Why not, isn't $200 the exact same thing as FREE?!  You just implied it was.

/woosh

/woosh

/slap

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Originally posted by Thane

call the cops, someone is working and not spending his money and drugs and booze!

this can't be legal!

Nah, thats not whats being said. I mean sure we could all spend $200 on this $60 game, but for that same $200 I could buy Diablo 3, Torchlight 2 and a few other ARPG's (Since thats all this is) not only for me but for my wife as well. So... 

And now because someone brought the 200 dollar package you can not do that anymore?

/woosh

/slap

Thank you for proving my point.

People happy pay 180$ for WoW per year, and it has a cashshop too :)

180$ + cashshop >>>>>> 200$ incl permant exp and item boost, 7 day early start, no monthly fee, 3 exclusive costumes, 50$ game cash for later purchases

Originally posted by Tayah
    I'm no familiar with marvel heroes, it's not my type of game, but I have a question. Are people beta testing it first before paying for it? Or just paying $200 hoping it will be good? Just curious.

I am not paying a dime until it is released. But apparently there are those who will give money before playing.

/woosh

/slap

If your point was "garbage in, garbage out", then I agree.  You posted a comment that had no substance, and I responded in kind.

/woosh

/slap

If your point was "garbage in, garbage out", then I agree.  You posted a comment that had no substance, and I responded in kind.

Oh, it had substance, you just failed to grasp it.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Key here is paying that kind of money for something that simply isn't worth that money.

THAT makes people spending it suckers. Not the fact that they are willing to spend it in the first place.

Yeah, it's that simple.

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Key here is paying that kind of money for something that simply isn't worth that money.

THAT makes people spending it suckers. Not the fact that they are willing to spend it in the first place.

Yeah, it's that simple.

1) How do you know it is not worth it for them?

2) Isn't it a good thing? They are subsidizing your F2P play.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

Yeah, it's that simple.

1) How do you know it is not worth it for them?

2) Isn't it a good thing? They are subsidizing your F2P play.

It's all a matter of perception and opinion. What one might deem "not worth it", someone else might feel completely different about it.

And how someone else is paying for the game and thus allowing me to stay free at it has nothing to do with the matter. In fact, it's a downright stupid argument, suggesting it would be okay for a developer to scam people.

That's all I'm saying.

Neverwinter has just announced a $200 Founder's pack too.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/375655/Beta-weekends-and-200-founders-pack.html

I like that rich people will pay for our games :)

/woosh

/slap

I think it's safe to call "your comment belongs in the toilet" a comment of no substance at all.  You want to say something REAL, say it.  Failed to grasp?  That was good for a laugh.  It's not like your comment was rocket science; quite the opposite, in fact.

Free market is a market with no regulations from the government, that's what birdycephon said. The market and the buyers decide the prices.

/woosh

/slap

I think it's safe to call "your comment belongs in the toilet" a comment of no substance at all.  You want to say something REAL, say it.  Failed to grasp?  That was good for a laugh.  It's not like your comment was rocket science; quite the opposite, in fact.

1. You apparantly failed understand my initial comment

2. You failed understand the meaning of "woosh"

3. You responded with a simulated act violence

4. You went on to reinforced your own lack of understanding with a poor attempt at wit

Now please, stop talking, this is a thread for intelectual conversation.