Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time to start hyping my friends

steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

I am a HUGE fanboy for Archeage, to me this game has all the features I have been pining for in one MMO and then some. While I have played MMO's far longer than most my friends, it is hard to convery to them how much of a different experience a sandbox game can be. Aside from possibly EQNext (which no one has any info on whatsoever), Archeage is in a completely different league than any AAA MMO currently released or soon to come.

I have been folowing videos of this game for over a year and I am hoping to find a SINGLE video that will show all features Archeage has to offer. It seems as though most videos just show specific parts as opposed to Archeage as a whole. If someone knows of a video which is well edited and impressive displaying it all, could you please include a link in your reply? I am hoping for a video that isn't simply a player running around with a lot of dead time.

I want to blow my friends socks off, help me do it!

Thanks everyone.

Comments

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    No it is not, let's wait and see if its any good.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by steelwind

I am a HUGE fanboy for Archeage, to me this game has all the features I have been pining for in one MMO and then some. While I have played MMO's far longer than most my friends, it is hard to convery to them how much of a different experience a sandbox game can be. Aside from possibly EQNext (which no one has any info on whatsoever), Archeage is in a completely different league than any AAA MMO currently released or soon to come.

I have been folowing videos of this game for over a year and I am hoping to find a SINGLE video that will show all features Archeage has to offer. It seems as though most videos just show specific parts as opposed to Archeage as a whole. If someone knows of a video which is well edited and impressive displaying it all, could you please include a link in your reply? I am hoping for a video that isn't simply a player running around with a lot of dead time.

I want to blow my friends socks off, help me do it!

Thanks everyone.

Please let's not hype it. Let it come out and  then let's see what happens. SWTOR and GW2 had the hype express and look at the forums on this site. Currently for every one good thread there are 4-5 hater threads.

Just let it come out - hype in your mind not on forums.

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    No it is not, let's wait and see if its any good.

^

ps its really mediocre.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    WoW killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • clockwerk2013clockwerk2013 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    i recommend you showing this to them : http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/PsychoPigeon/012013/24421
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I'm not hyping any of the new mmo's for this year. I'm just hopeful. I'm not a fanboi of any of the companies. They must compete and give me a game I'll play for years to come, to keep my money coming in.

I'm hoping between Archeage, TESO, and EQ Next, Black Desert, (((Not interested in Sci-Fi so Repopulation is out))) at least one of them will be good enough that I'll want to play for years.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

It's too late.  It's already the #1 hyped game (via user submissions) on the front page of MMORPG.com.

It's only a matter of time before video's start arriving, showcasing all the features, comparing games, and such.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367
    The Hype is the greatest joy that you will ever have from this game, so enjoy it. We all learned that lesson over the years.
    Originally posted by Karteli

It's too late.  It's already the #1 hyped game (via user submissions) on the front page of MMORPG.com.

It's only a matter of time before video's start arriving, showcasing all the features, comparing games, and such.

All the closed betas had no NDA, so there have been videos for over a year. The features are already fully published.

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589

After planetsides 2 showing what its engine can do, not talking about the planetside 2 game itself, im more intrigued about Eq-next, the vids of Archage have shown quite wooden interaction combat wise, and to date never seen a Asian MMO translate well and Im not just talking about text/speech......

So no to the hype, but certainly going to watch how it goes at release wait a month or so and have a go, I never do month 1 in any MMO any more.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

Not sure if peeps just saw hype and started replying. I defininately understand the damage hype can do to expectations but this is for hyping my friends not the comunity.

Is regards to the other comments, while Wow was the last game which held my attention measured in years as opposed to months, I am confident that some of the features in Archeage will keep my retention far longer than others I have tried since Wow (Rift, GW2, SWTOR, TSW, DCUO).

About halfway through my wow experience, it became painfully obvious that themeparks are no longer cutting it and my desire for features of games long past became dominant. I can guarantee no matter what issues players have with Archeage, having housing, naval warfare, farming, siege, exploration by and land and sea regardless of the rest will keep my interest longer than any themepark.

I have a feeling we will start seeing two types of players, those that don't care or desire the sandbox pieces and only focus on what themeparky features they are used to seeing and players like myself that want more to do than kill, kill, kill. Those players will likely fall in love with Archeage. Hell housing alone will likely extend my interest far beyond themepark titles.

Not sure if peeps just saw hype and started replying. I defininately understand the damage hype can do to expectations but this is for hyping my friends not the comunity.

Is regards to the other comments, while Wow was the last game which held my attention measured in years as opposed to months, I am confident that some of the features in Archeage will keep my retention far longer than others I have tried since Wow (Rift, GW2, SWTOR, TSW, DCUO).

About halfway through my wow experience, it became painfully obvious that themeparks are no longer cutting it and my desire for features of games long past became dominant. I can guarantee no matter what issues players have with Archeage, having housing, naval warfare, farming, siege, exploration by and land and sea regardless of the rest will keep my interest longer than any themepark.

I have a feeling we will start seeing two types of players, those that don't care or desire the sandbox pieces and only focus on what themeparky features they are used to seeing and players like myself that want more to do than kill, kill, kill. Those players will likely fall in love with Archeage. Hell housing alone will likely extend my interest far beyond themepark titles.

You were bored with themeparks halfway through wow, then went on to play lots more themeparks, keep your hype in check until you discover if you actually like sandboxes, they play completely differently to themeparks, many find they don't enjoy the fundamental concept.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

No no, don't go hyping. Hyping leads to expectations, failed expectations lead to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering and canceled subs and angry forum posts.

For some reason people start creating expectations that are never met and they feel let down and that they wasted money.

I say just go into each game with no expectations, a good attitude and play it for what it is. If it's great then "great". If not then no loss of emotional investment.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by Tayah

I'm not hyping any of the new mmo's for this year. I'm just hopeful. I'm not a fanboi of any of the companies. They must compete and give me a game I'll play for years to come, to keep my money coming in.

I'm hoping between Archeage, TESO, and EQ Next, Black Desert, (((Not interested in Sci-Fi so Repopulation is out))) at least one of them will be good enough that I'll want to play for years.

Amen! I'm tired of all the hype around game's,I mean talking about it and saying you like it is one thing,but acting like it's the best thing since sliced bread is another.

I just want a game that's more sandboxy (lol is that a word?) and keep me dedicated to that game for year's,not week's or month's.Please,please let this happen.The 4 you mentioned is where my hope is,just gimme 1 outta 4 :)

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

Originally posted by RefMinor

You were bored with themeparks halfway through wow, then went on to play lots more themeparks, keep your hype in check until you discover if you actually like sandboxes, they play completely differently to themeparks, many find they don't enjoy the fundamental concept.

I have been playing MMO's since UO and have played plenty of sandbox titles and that is the problem. If I lived in ingnorant bliss and didn't know what they had to offer and what they are capable of being, I could have enjoyed themeparks longers. Unfortunately that isn't the case, I had to walk away from the player driver economies, player housing, and land control options simply because there were no AAA sandbox or sandbox hybrid titles being released. So all I had was essentially themeparks.

Holy distracted posts! Anyway, does anyone have a good Archeage video to share??

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Yeah, OP. Start hyping so all your friends get really excited, start imagining what they think the game will be and what they want it to be, and ultimately are horribly disappointed at the resulting game. Nothing ruins a game faster than the hype train.

It blows my mind how ignorant players can be! Archeage has been in beta for two years with NO NDA!!! How many titles have no NDA? So we should very well know by now what this game has to offer and will likely be able to set our expectations more realisiticly than any pre-release MMO I can remember. There are 100's of videos showing in detail every feature in the game. This is why I am confident that I will like it because I have been watching and in turn XLGames have been forthcoming and extremely confident in their title.

One main reason for an NDA aside from competitors stealing ideas, is so a game doesn't fail before it is even released. A tight NDA often means a shallow product. This isn't the case with Archeage, I feel informed and am confident I know exactly what to expect.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

It blows my mind how ignorant players can be! Archeage has been in beta for two years with NO NDA!!! How many titles have no NDA? So we should very well know by now what this game has to offer and will likely be able to set our expectations more realisiticly than any pre-release MMO I can remember. There are 100's of videos showing in detail every feature in the game. This is why I am confident that I will like it because I have been watching and in turn XLGames have been forthcoming and extremely confident in their title.

One main reason for an NDA aside from competitors stealing ideas, is so a game doesn't fail before it is even released. A tight NDA often means a shallow product. This isn't the case with Archeage, I feel informed and am confident I know exactly what to expect.

And yet, without actually playing the game, you STILL have no idea if you will ultimately get into it for the long term, or be bored within a week. Information and videos will never be able to fully convey what it's like to actually play, and while you are kept informed on features and such, the hands-on is all that matters in the end.

• Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
     iwas hyped over a year ago when it was announced in korea....

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    No hype from me. I'll wait till I play it before judging it.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    I don't see this title doing near as good as some expect it to.  Smells like Aion 2.0 to me and that isn't a good thing.  I jsut wish the combat was more fast paced, its a shame as original as msot of the game is the #1 feature of any game is more similar to WoW then any of the other themeparks games releasing this year.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!