Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What about crafting?

RPGForeverRPGForever Member UncommonPosts: 131
I have checked the website but none of the features mention crafting. Anyone who has already played could tell me more? Any input appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/currency

That link describes all the crafting items.  Basically you use the various currency items you obtain from loot or trade to alter the properties of stuff.

ex.  You have a bow with 4 linked sockets but 2 crappy modifiers.  Use Orb of Scouring to wipe the modifiers and then Orb of Alchemy to randomly gain 3-6 modifiers.  Alternatively, use Orb of Alteration to randomly reroll the 2 basic modifiers (prefix and suffix) until you are happy, then Regal Orb to add one additional modifier on top of those 2.  Then use an Exalted Orb to add a 4th modifier (up to 6).

• RPGForeverRPGForever Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Thanks for your answer, well this really does not look as a list of things you can crat but a list of dropped by monsters items that arranged in a certain way give additional bonuses. Perhaps Path of the Exile is not the game for me.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by RPGForever
    Thanks for your answer, well this really does not look as a list of things you can crat but a list of dropped by monsters items that arranged in a certain way give additional bonuses. Perhaps Path of the Exile is not the game for me.

If you are uninterested in collecting loot from monsters, especially when the loot can mold an item into something amazing and just what you wanted, then I'm not sure if "Action RPGs" are the right game for you.

There are plenty of other games that let characters stand in front of a forge and press "craft all" though.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

I've played it a few hours so far and as far as I can tell, there is no real crafting system. There is skill crystals that you put into weapons that give you skills, and stacks that turn into other items, but other than that no crafting. There is also no form of currency, you trade to vendors for peices of items that turn into item changing orbs (which turn a normal item into rare, and normal into magic etc.) and scrolls.

• RPGForeverRPGForever Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Well I think there is a game for every niche and this one seems not to be my type of game thanks for the input.

Originally posted by Panther2103

I've played it a few hours so far and as far as I can tell, there is no real crafting system. There is skill crystals that you put into weapons that give you skills, and stacks that turn into other items, but other than that no crafting. There is also no form of currency, you trade to vendors for peices of items that turn into item changing orbs (which turn a normal item into rare, and normal into magic etc.) and scrolls.

There is currency.

It just isn't billions of weightless gold coins.

The currency is something that actually has a value to players.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

D2 LoD would be the closest comparison to Path of Exile. It's a pure Diablo clone and the best one I have seen so far. This is not some mmo centered around crafting like I think you might have been guessing. You should probably stick to more run of the mill mmos.

Originally posted by jpnole

I told you before I like your forum avatar.  Now I have to say I like your signature.

Damnit man!

Anyways, yeah the game is a great member of its genre.  It just wasn't the right genre for the OP.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    ARPG's never have proper crafting.. it's all been the gamble game. Either a gamble merchant or items that you gamble for desired stats, in D3 the blacksmith is a gamble merchant. The result of either is the same, you may or may not get something good. I wouldn't call things like the horidric cube in D2 as 'crafting'.. it's more like assembling.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.