Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something Darker MMO

BluequoiseBluequoise Member Posts: 23

You know those nice little games that let you explore your darker side? SWTOR does that a little with their lightside darkside options, but I'm looking for something that is almost pure evil yet still fun (and not for children), and free2play.

Something that involves capturing innocents, tourture, and blood (both PvE and PvP would be nice). Also it needs to be MMO.

Reason I'm looking is because the game that was filling that dark little corner of my heart has gone to hell in a handbasket and my clan is looking for a replacement, but we're not finding anything.

Anyone know of some little indie MMO game that that caters to the mentally perverse?

Comments

• ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141

Give age of conan a shot!

It's gritty, bloody, dark anddd Free to play ( to try really)  its an amazing experiece 

• fernetekfernetek Member Posts: 61

I recall stumbling across this game a ways back: http://www.playrequiem.com/eventlanding/

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but they claim to be focused on horror.

• BluequoiseBluequoise Member Posts: 23
    Requiem looks like something I played before, some time ago. I'll give it a look. It might be right up our ally. If nothing else it might serve as a suitable substitute for the kind of games we're kinda looking for. It's rather surprising that there aren't that many games out there that cater to the adult population of the world who enjoy being the torturer/villian/dirty rouge type characters. I would love to find another game that did, even if the graphics were more or less sub-standard for today's standards (I still play HTML games without the java flash or animations), but content of games seems desparingly cookie cutter. Where did all the creativity go?
  • L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Originally posted by Foreverdream

Give age of conan a shot!

It's gritty, bloody, dark anddd Free to play ( to try really)  its an amazing experiece 

Age of Conan doesn't seem like what he's looking for. The world is indeed gritty and bloody, but ultimately the progression is quest based and most quests are just you helping other people.

Granted, most conversations (which is how you get quests instead of the classic quest wall'o'text (tm) ) give you "nice guy" and "bad guy" choices, most end up being either options of "ok, I'll gladly help you" vs. "I'll help you but I expect to be paid", and have no real effect on the outcome save for a couple of quests I remember where the quest giver would just refuse to give you the quest until you asked nicely. Actually using mostly the "bad guy" choices felt to me more like being an arsehole instead of an actual evil guy.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• KuuhnKuuhn Member Posts: 41

I would say its less on the end of blood and guts, but very much so on the end of a "darker" experience for an mmorpg. The entire world really feels like a completely forsaken land and certain encounters are startling enough to make you jump. But try Shin Megami Tensei :  Imagine.

http://megaten.atlusonline.com/

Pretty good helpful community, good guild system, tons of customization/paths.

Mildly cash shoppy but far from the worst.

I'm actually fermiliar Age of Conan, and it's really too mainstream for what we're all looking for.

If ever there was an MMO game that had the same premise of the Overlord games, where you are the force of evil and darkness in the land, then we would love it. Where you can do all the "right" things for the peoples that you dominate, but you get to do them for all the "wrong" reasons.

We're kind of a twisted group in that way, all these games where you have to be the hero just makes us bored. We are all looking at Elder Scrolls Online though, because the game looks like it will stay true to the rest of the franchize and we will rob the whole world of all their belongings...because it's what you do in and ES game...that and artistically pose naked corpses of gaurds in the town square.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Bluequoise

Something that involves capturing innocents, tourture, and blood (both PvE and PvP would be nice). Also it needs to be MMO.

Sociolotron.

or maybe Utherverse/Red Light Center, although they don't really allow as much depravity as Sociolotron.

If you can skip the visual blood or torture then I would say check out EVE Online. It is a subscription MMO, though.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by Loktofeit

Sociolotron.

or maybe Utherverse/Red Light Center, although they don't really allow as much depravity as Sociolotron.

I'm not sure if it was unclear in what I mentioned we were looking for. By the term "adult" I didn't mean "sex game" granted Sociolotron is more than just a sex game, but we're just looking for a game you wouldn't expose children too. Last thing we want are children torching the neighbor's cat because they think it's normal human behaviour, or tieing eachother up and whipping eachother because they didn't anwser a question right away.

I do not have issues playing games where Sex is comonplace (I own and play the Sims), but we're not exibitionests, we're just evil sims looking for a MMO game that gives us feindishly delighted moodlets when we play it.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Bluequoise
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Sociolotron.

I'm not sure if it was unclear in what I mentioned we were looking for. By the term "adult" I didn't mean "sex game" granted Sociolotron is more than just a sex game, but we're just looking for a game you wouldn't expose children too. Last thing we want are children torching the neighbor's cat because they think it's normal human behaviour, or tieing eachother up and whipping eachother because they didn't anwser a question right away.

I do not have issues playing games where Sex is comonplace (I own and play the Sims), but we're not exibitionests, we're just evil sims looking for a MMO game that gives us feindishly delighted moodlets when we play it.

Thanks for clarifying that. So a game for the mentally perverse with kidnapping, torture and limited nudity?

Play Sociolotron with your clothes on.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre