Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TRION aiming for a release in 2013

SygrisSygris Member Posts: 26

trion is planning on releasing archeage this year in the west.

"Trion aims to launch the game later this year in North America, Europe, Turkey, Australia, and New Zealand."

Source: http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/24/trion-to-publish-xl-games-massive-online-game-archeage-in-western-markets-exclusive/#QLK0qeXmf4PbI7VA.99

Comments

• OlgosOlgos Member Posts: 8
    no scheisse! thats cool.  i've been hoping this will be my next UO.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

That would be awesome..

TESO

EQNext

ArcheAge

All in the same year!?! * head explodes *

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by SlyLoK

That would be awesome..

TESO

EQNext

ArcheAge

for me it's also The repopulation, wildstar, blade & soul, neverwinter, and possibly black desert online as well.. just too many!:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Sygris

"Trion aims to launch the game later this year in North America, Europe, Turkey, Australia, and New Zealand."

Source: http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/24/trion-to-publish-xl-games-massive-online-game-archeage-in-western-markets-exclusive/#QLK0qeXmf4PbI7VA.99

Aiming for, unfortunately they won't meet this deadline. They set thier bar too high to think they will release it this year.

The Repopulation is my number one runner up then TESO, Wildstar also look very fun.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Don't forget Neverwinter.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    I have a feeling that gaming awards in 2013 are going to be meaningful this time around, what with so many quality games finally getting released :-)

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

Originally posted by Betaguy

Aiming for, unfortunately they won't meet this deadline. They set thier bar too high to think they will release it this year.

The Repopulation is my number one runner up then TESO, Wildstar also look very fun.

i don't see why really the game is made.. it's mostly just translation stuff.. almost a year seems like plenty of time

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• OlgosOlgos Member Posts: 8

^^

Agreed, especially considering Trion can deliver.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

That would be awesome..

TESO

EQNext

ArcheAge

Good new, I'm glad they're pushing them out this year.

I'm crossing my fingers that one of them will stick and I'll have a good mmorpg to play again. Haven't had anything good come out in years now. I haven't played any of the mmorpgs in the past few years more than a couple months. I really would like a good mmo again.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Olgos

^^

Agreed, especially considering Trion can deliver.

They sure delivered on EoN...

The publisher isnt the developer, the big plus for this is Trion markets better than any other MMO company.  Thats the only real difference between them and the other options out there.  

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

its wait and see now.

also since half people hate ncsoft and tells they are the worse publisher around, they can translate things in 3-6 months then I guess you guys can get your hopes up

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    As much as i want to play AA, i dont want them to rush it out. If its not ready to launch, DONT LAUNCH IT!

• SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265
    EQNEXT IN 2013?!? KEEP SMOKING THAT HASH, MY FRIEND!
  • SaintWalker44SaintWalker44 Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Oriif it wasnt almost ready to go..

Logic fail? Lolinally posted by Sygris

Silly boy, im willing to bet you 50 bucks it will launch this

Year...put your money where your mouth is?

They eouldnt be announcing this I

All Will Be Well.....

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Originally posted by Slukjan
    EQNEXT IN 2013?!? KEEP SMOKING THAT HASH, MY FRIEND!

^^

Im hoping atleast late 2014. 

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

That would be awesome..

TESO

EQNext

ArcheAge

for me it's also The repopulation, wildstar, blade & soul, neverwinter, and possibly black desert online as well.. just too many!:P

The repopulation. Let's see if we can both enjoy it.

I don't think EQnext will be this year. 

Age of Wushu

The Repop

ArcheAge

2013 is looking good.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Really?!   That is so full of awesomewinsauce.    Cannot wait.   ::does her happy dance:: 

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Yes I'm sure translations will take far longer than a year, especially considering the game is already released after having been beta tested for multiple years.  However, you seem to know and not be speculating, so why don't you give us the insider information you obviously are privy to?

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Originally posted by I_Return

How can Trion release when NCSoft has the rights for NA ?

you miss the memo?

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by I_Return

How can Trion release when NCSoft has the rights for NA ?

NCSoft owns North America?

Also, news.

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    So the number 13 isn't so unlucky after all!

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    It's uplifting that Trion has the rights for ArcheAge.  Trion has done some fantastic work and I will always wonder what Rift would have been if WoW hadn't been released and they had a bit better flow of animation/skills.
    Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447

Rift would be exactly what it is right now.  An interesting class system in the usual themepark world dull on lore.  Remember, WOW got a huge audience not because it was a MMO but because they had a lot of fans who already were familiar with the lore.

No one cares about Rift's lore...or even knows a lot about it.  They play the game because it is a decent game, most htings work, and it's class system is a somewhat unique standout from the usual stuff.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Originally posted by kinido
    Originally posted by Slukjan EQNEXT IN 2013?!? KEEP SMOKING THAT HASH, MY FRIEND!
    ^^

Im hoping atleast late 2014. 

No it will be a 2013 release.
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/184805/MMO_devs_will_lose_the_fight_against_content_churn_says_SOEs_Smedley.php#.UQMOxL_f4Yr

Players will have to wait a bit longer to try it themselves, but maybe not as long as you'd expect. "Players will get their hands on an actual release version of what we're doing late [this] year - and I don't mean a beta," says Smedley.

That for the most part says we are going to get the game out this year. Not 2014