Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

GW2 Dynamic Events ARE revolutionary, I can't wait till they are evolutionary!

Comments

• shadyjamesshadyjames Coronation, ABPosts: 34Member

wow this thread has gotten way off track imo. So to answer the OP, yes that would be cool to see these style of events, be they rift's or Warhammer's or Guild Wars' evolve into something with more depth.

Now for those that can't help but complain that gw2 events were jsut to dull for you, and there is nothing to do in gw2 what a waste of money QQ

I suggest now that you followed the Zerg from launch day eating up content as fast as you could, in a race to be the server first at some wild thought you had in your head that this game was the same as wow, and would have some amazing gear progession so you could lord it over all others, that you, and only you are the god of "fill in game here" Now that that is out of your system, and you see that gw2 is built differently I suggest you get a few freinds and start again and enjoy the story, the little conversations the NPC's have before the event begins, enjoy the event, and the chains that happen after alot of them, if you are patient enough to wait.

I think then, if you try that, you may find, jsut like those of us who do actually like the game, that it isn't that bad of a game after all. I may be wrong, and you may still hate the hell out of it. but hey if you already own it, it won't cost you to try again will it?

And I know this wasn't part of this thread, but please, if you want to gripe about the quests being the same as other mmo's just has a line instead of a number,try to at least use some examples pas level 3. and for what it's worth most quests in gw2 have 2 or 3 things you can do to finish the game. So to compare instead of just killing the same wolves for a tail to get a new helm in wow in gw2 you could kill the wolves, or set traps, or possibly help injured hunters. you can do one of the 4 things to get your reward, or you can do any combo. I think there are plenty of differences that Anet has tried, it's only a few months old. 

And serisouly I think alot of the "hate" on gw2 is simply because the game you really wanted to make noise on the net failed or wasn't what you hoped? it's ok, there will be plenty more games to come along. You don't need to bash on gw2 just cause people like it,

there some stuff I had to get off my chest. 

As for who made "DE's" first who the hell cares? Play what you like and please for the love of god stop trolling in forums of games you don't like, it's that simple really

• TorgrimTorgrim GothenburgPosts: 2,088Member
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by Torgrim
    So link those GW2 pre-release blurb so I can read it, then I can come back and write you a proper respons ok.

Pointless argument about definitions of specific words, while ignoring the greater marketing (=dubious honesty, salesmanship) context for which those words were first written.

Can we argue about if "Coke® adds Life", or not, next? What did they mean by "life", exactly?

I am disappointed. I bought a Coke®, expecting more life, like I was "promised".

You still alive aint you? ;)

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter BristolPosts: 2,830Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ScaryMonk
    Originally posted by mikahr
    Originally posted by Dream_Chaser

And there I stopped reading the rest.

Because you have a low tolerance for reading? Really, you supply no reason as to why you stopped reading, and making text red doesn't magically provide one.

Your wall of text explains it nicely.

Incase you haven't noticed Torgrim would cut off his right arm before admitting the game has any flaws.  Best to take his comments with a pinch- well, bucketload- of salt.  

GW2 has plenty of flaws so does all games.

Please, for my entertainment, can you name some of them?  Just a top 10 will do.  

Why 10?

I can name a few such as some DE are simplistic and repative, not enough armour and weapon skins, Orr needs a rewamp, no houses and no guild housing, bugs here and there.

I gave 10 things to be improved, but no one wants to discuss them since they are reasonable problems a real player playing the game will face instead of some doom and gloom or ideological reasons...

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• AerowynAerowyn BUZZARDS BAY, MAPosts: 7,928Member
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    Originally posted by Dream_Chaser

And there I stopped reading the rest.

Because you have a low tolerance for reading? Really, you supply no reason as to why you stopped reading, and making text red doesn't magically provide one.

Your wall of text explains it nicely.

Incase you haven't noticed Torgrim would cut off his right arm before admitting the game has any flaws.  Best to take his comments with a pinch- well, bucketload- of salt.  

GW2 has plenty of flaws so does all games.

Please, for my entertainment, can you name some of them?  Just a top 10 will do.  

Why 10?

I can name a few such as some DE are simplistic and repative, not enough armour and weapon skins, Orr needs a rewamp, no houses and no guild housing, bugs here and there.

I gave 10 things to be improved, but no one wants to discuss them since they are reasonable problems a real player playing the game will face instead of some doom and gloom or ideological reasons...

most reasonable discussions for this game or anygame get burried in a sea or troll/bait threads/posts.. there have been plenty of decent discussion topics about issues with the game but then of course 10 people need to chime in with GW2 blows(many of these types of comments get mod edits so many don't see them) or game is easy no matter what and so forth and it then it turns into a flame battle like every single other thread...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• eye_meye_m Notta Chance, ABPosts: 3,133Member Uncommon
    yeah, these "troll wars" are getting out of hand these days. I wish people could take a lesson from the "Eyelolled's Book of Tact and Respect for Forum Posting"

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

• DrolkinDrolkin Palio, NBPosts: 242Member

The events the OP described happen in Warhammer online with PQs.

Special random revolutionary event=

Collect crap

Kill crap

Recycle

?

Not revolutionary.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Belleville, ONPosts: 1,108Member
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    yeah, these "troll wars" are getting out of hand these days. I wish people could take a lesson from the "Eyelolled's Book of Tact and Respect for Forum Posting"

I'm sure it's a good read ...Who was the publisher?

Originally posted by Drolkin

Collect crap

Kill crap

Recycle

?

Not revolutionary.

Nice of you to point out how a MMO works, +1 INT for you.

Originally posted by Bad.dog

I'm sure it's a good read ...Who was the publisher?

Publisher? Not sure, but the napkin it's wrote out on says Made from Recycled Materials

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Belleville, ONPosts: 1,108Member

Collect crap

Kill crap

Recycle

?

Not revolutionary.

Actually I liked PQ's ...Rifts ....DE's and any open world boss in any game ,the only thing I know I hate are quest hubs and forced grinding to level

Collect crap

Kill crap

Recycle

?

Not revolutionary.

Actually I liked PQ's ...Rifts ....DE's and any open world boss in any game ,the only thing I know I hate are quest hubs and forced grinding to level

Yes I did like the PQ aswell for what they were, sadly after a while no one cared.

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Wolcott, NYPosts: 671Member Uncommon

Here is a video and a link to the Guild Wars 2 page where they describe what they are attempting to do with Dynamic Events. This is what they did in game. I am sorry that there are those out there that had misconcieved ideas about it being different, but what they state on that site is what is in game for players to experience and by definition is "dynamic". As the original poster stated GW2 and Anet changed the experience of questing with these dynamic events. If you do not like that experience move on to a different game, but it does not change the facts of the topic at hand that they are dynamic and different.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/dynamic-events/

https://guildwars2.com/media/videos#vlb/4oit0gBEWHo

• Vunak23Vunak23 In your house eatin'' your cookies, FLPosts: 635Member

I'm sorry all the GW2 fans have a misconception of what the word Dynamic means. But GW2's Events are anything but. They are static and repeating events with triggers. There is nothng Dynamic about that. 

Just for those that don't know:

dy·nam·ic

Always active or changing

~~~

Like I said GW2's events are static so they are anything but Dynamic. I'm sure someone has already started charting them, they just haven't got through them all yet. 

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

Originally posted by Vunak23

I'm sorry all the GW2 fans have a misconception of what the word Dynamic means. But GW2's Events are anything but. They are static and repeating events with triggers. There is nothng Dynamic about that. 

dy·nam·ic

~~~

Like I said GW2's events are static so they are anything but Dynamic. I'm sure someone has already started charting them, they just haven't got through them all yet. 

You imply that the only thing that defines an event, is the initialization or the starting point.  Don't you think there is a little bit more to it than that?

• mikahrmikahr ZagrebPosts: 1,066Member
    Originally posted by Vunak23

dy·nam·ic

~~~

You see, if you had read whole thread you wouldnt have embarass yourself so much

Simple display of "DYNAMIC" for those who have problem with words:

http://www.animations.physics.unsw.edu.au/mechanics/chapter4_simpleharmonicmotion.html

• ScaryMonkScaryMonk LondonPosts: 97Member

Collect crap

Kill crap

Recycle

?

Not revolutionary.

Can I ask a bloody huge favour of you, can you let your horrifically enfrenched (remember they surrendered) post go for a few minutes, if you do not own Gnet shares than frankly you are a borderline retarted.  I would prefer to put my money on the latter than Anest atm.  

Yes I did like the PQ aswell for what they were, sadly after a while no one cared.

• ScaryMonkScaryMonk LondonPosts: 97Member

Collect crap

Kill crap

Recycle

?

Not revolutionary.

Oh god here he is again the fan boy, with the use of words like 'PQ', DE's', 'only' and 'are' this guy is c;learly soft in the head. 

• daltaniousdaltanious waPosts: 2,146Member Uncommon

I keep hearing people talking about Dynamic Events and how they are just like Rift's rifts, or Warhammer's PQ's, but I don't see the similarity at all.   The DE's in GW2 are extremely revolutionary.   Rifts just seem to be random occurances of mobs all over the map, and that doesn't sound revolutionary at all, nothing like GW2 Dynamic Events.

Khm, in this sense Rifts ARE revolutionary, and DE are NOT. Or at least have more originality. Rifts are same thing that happen on random locations, DE are same thing that happen on same location. Like public quests from war and other games. 

I love gw2 (second only to duo swtor/wow for me), partecipating to majority of DE, ... but please, do not  create false myths. Higher you fly with such baloon, harder you hit floor.

Collect crap

Kill crap

Recycle

?

Not revolutionary.

Oh god here he is again the fan boy, with the use of words like 'PQ', DE's', 'only' and 'are' this guy is c;learly soft in the head. 

Why do you care so much that people like GW2 that you start to insult people?

Have Anet done something awful to you?

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser ParisPosts: 1,873Member

I woudl like to ask the same why do you care if people don't think GW2 is revolutionary that you have to go on and on and try to make a believer out of them? it goes both ways you see.

What is find ironic is that you defend GW2 with such a a passion and then make topic where you insult casual players who want everything served on silver platter. Even though GW2 is the most casual MMO on market and designed keeping people with family and jobs in mind. 

its like you have a split personality or something.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

Originally posted by Doogiehowser

I woudl like to ask the same why do you care if people don't think GW2 is revolutionary that you have to go on and on and try to make a believer out of them? it goes both ways you see.

What is find ironic is that you defend GW2 with such a a passion and then make topic where you insult casual players who want everything served on silver platter. Even though GW2 is the most casual MMO on market and designed keeping people with family and jobs in mind. 

First of all he insults people who don't share his opinions secondly I play both GW2 and Vanguard.

And why do I play GW2?, It's easy It's the first game in many years that is not a WoW clone, plenty of things in GW2 feels new and fresh and it has no sub and I like exploring, like the combo features in a fight.

If GW2 was made like a WoW clone with quest hubs, trinity, lifeless world I wouldnt even play it if it was handed to me for free.

Yes GW2 is casual to some extent, dungeons are not casual or easy, I find the dungeons to have a good portion of challenge, and the best thing is for me the god awful trinity is almost gone no more 4/6 need tank and healer in chat.

Ohh I forgot, why do you keep stalking me?

First of all he insults people who don't chair his opinions secondly I play both GW2 and Vanguard.

And why do I play GW2?, It's easy It's the first game in many years that is not a WoW clone, plenty of things in GW2 feels new and fresh and it has no sub.

Yes GW2 is casual to some extent, dungeons are not casual or easy, I find the dungeons to have a good portion of challenge, and the best thing is for me the god awful trinity is almost gone no more 4/6 need tank and healer in chat.

Don't flatter yourself. it is hard to post in a GW2 forum without runnign into you, you are all over the place playing white knight .

And no GW2 is not casual to some extent because it is casual in principle and Anet thesmelves said it many many times that casuals are the focus of their game. That is what the whole 'anti grind' and 'end game starts from level 1' comments were all about. 

So as long as you play and support games like GW2 try not to insult the casuals which are the core player base and focus of GW2.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

First of all he insults people who don't chair his opinions secondly I play both GW2 and Vanguard.

And why do I play GW2?, It's easy It's the first game in many years that is not a WoW clone, plenty of things in GW2 feels new and fresh and it has no sub.

Don't flatter yourself.

You bring up things I have written months ago and you still remember what I wrote so yeah, stop stalking me.

• jazz.bejazz.be Sint-NiklaasPosts: 820Member Uncommon

Problem with dynamic events is that they're so rare.

I'm level 30 now and I really didn't notice many events.

When I played at launch they were all over the place. Is the rate at which they appear affected by the number of players or something?

You bring up things I have written months ago and you still remember what I wrote so yeah, stop stalking me.

That is not what you call stalking that is what you call having a very good memory. And i remember things a lot So when i see your posts treading on same line of argument it is hard to ignore what you have said earlier about casualas and players with jobs and families. After all GW2 is a very casual game, and even though one month old post still very relevant to the topic of discussion.

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney