It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Well we had our first Official Progression Night and began running Splipaw with 4 groups.
There is still time to jump into the Progression Team if you are intersted. Apply on the Website and check the Progresison forum Roster for needed classes.
Having group based fun in MMOs shouldn't be so hard but the current MMO design/model pushes us to advance as fast as possible to hit the mythical "End Game" where we sit and complain about the lack of content and things to do.
Solo'ing, Power levelling, Grinding have become expected norms because we all buy into the idea that the only game worth playing is "End Game".
But it doesn't have to be only way...
Imagine carving out a small amount of your time to play with like minded friends that actually want to group together and have fun with challenging content that isn't just "End Game". A Team that is going to group together, advance together, adventure together and see as much of the old EQ2 Dungeons/Raids as possible...
All you need is...
If this sounds interesting check out the details below and our Guild information at instinctguild.guildlaunch.com. - I N S T I N C T on Antonia Bayle.
. Also you can check out the original Guild thread (http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/369182/New-Starter-Returning-Player-Guild-Forming.html)
Feel free to reply to the thread with questions, suggestions, interests,etc...
Over the next week we will be ironing out the details, group make up, start date and progression timeline.
1) Average play of 4-6 hours a week. Take it slow, work out a play schedule that is easy to fit into a busy life.
2) Schedule a couple different weekly Progression Team nights to help give everyone a chance to play.
3) Level Locked. For this approach to work we MUST stay close in level. No Mentor, No Chrono, just lock your XP and advance as a group.
4) We want the fun of a challenge so there may be some items or gear from future expansions that will be restricted on a case by case basis. For the most part powerful level appropriate gear and skills are fine.
5) We will clear the major quest-line/raid/Epic content 2-3 times before unlocking to the next Raid, this ensures that everyone has a chance participate.
6) Communication is key, Raiding is a Group focus activity, you will be using Ventrilo and a guild site to track progression, arrange raid schedules and rosters.