Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wizard101: Coleman Leaving KingsIsle

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

J. Todd Coleman has announced that he is leaving KingsIsle to pursue other "entrepreneurial" options. Coleman has been with KingsIsle since its founding and was the co-creator of both Pirate101 and Wizard101.

While Todd’s presence in the organization will certainly be missed, Josef Hall, also co-creator of both games, will remain at KingsIsle and take on additional responsibilities. As for KingsIsle, we have a clear roadmap of exciting world and system updates for Wizard101 and Pirate101 over the next several years. Additionally, we have multiple unannounced projects underway that we believe will further establish KingsIsle as a leader in the online family entertainment space.

From Coleman's farewell letter:

What is next for me? I’m a storyteller, so I will keep doing what I do best – dream up ideas, breathe life into characters, build worlds for you to explore… only next time, I want to do it for myself. I’m an entrepreneur at heart. A new company, a new game, a new story… I’m not ready to say, but when I’ve got something to show, you guys will be the first to know.

Read more on the Wizard101 Facebook page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Sorry to see this happening, My daughter REALLY likes Wizard 101, lets hope things keep on the enteraining route.
    Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
  • tatflametatflame Member UncommonPosts: 7
    This is bittersweet news for all wizards and pirates in the spiral.  Mr. Coleman will be greatly missed by all, but I am positive his creative mind will stay with us in future endeavours and I look forward to whatever he has in store for us. He  is such a huge part of the community and I thank him for all he has done for us. And all he will do in the future.  Goodluck to you Headmaster Ambrose.
  • LJonteLJonte Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Wow. That was unexpected.

-Lisa Jont

• darkedone02darkedone02 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    I wonder how many fans will follow him to support whatever games he has up in mind.

• dolphin70dolphin70 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Best of luck in whatever you pursue, HeadMaster Ambrose.    You will be missed, and we thank you for the games we still continue to enjoy! 
  • chevy11930chevy11930 Member Posts: 2
    I am sorry he is leaving and i hope wizard101 does not shut down and continue for many years
  • JoreelJoreel Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Well this is a bad sign when one of the co-creators of  wizard101/pirates101 is jumping ship. Hopefully this isn't the first sign that there is something seriously wrong within the company. This has happened to so many companies when they become super successful.

• bob1george2bob1george2 Member Posts: 1
    I hope he has luck in whatever he wants to do
  • aqworlds456aqworlds456 Member Posts: 2
    NOOOOOOO dont leave us. I know its time for you to move on now, kinda like a retirement. But always remember what you have done for this game and I hope you're reading this message.  You and others have made a game that millions have enjoyed now. Thank you Todd Coleman. You will live on in my heart. 
  • aw well thank you for keeping entertained with this game :(
  • Dalyn510Dalyn510 Member CommonPosts: 4
    We'll miss you Todd
  • mentalbender456mentalbender456 Member Posts: 2

Thank you Mr. Coleman for helping make such awesome games.