I would encourage the upcoming beta testers (of which I hope to be one) to emphasise the following issues in a big way to ensure at least some of them are addressed to some extent.
- The Way the War Works – the war has (by agreement of the factions or some other reason presumably) been restricted to Cyrodil – otherwise commons sense would mean raids into home territories. There are possibilities here;
- Lifting restricted zone access under certain circumstances – disguises, trade missions and spying or espionage missions would give people access to other regions, dungeons etc. and greatly reduce this negative consequence of the PvP setup.
- Guild Building and Housing – this needs to be put in at the start – trophies, statues, tapestries, treasures etc. that have Guild or personal significance should have a home – right alongside the characters.
- Guild Membership – Guilds needs to be exclusive. In a factionalise world it makes no sense at all to have open multi-guild membership. This has no arguable merit.
- Faction Membership and Alts – Alts should not be able to go into Cyrodil and there should be a cooldown on a toggleable ‘Main’ declaration. Otherwise the combination of same-server other Faction Alts, the use of TS and the minimum level of deviousness will mean every single enemy movement, strategy and tactic in Cyrodil will be reported to opposing factions live. No quicker way to ruin the ‘Fog of War’ and the challenge and fun that entails.
If they don't, and these get left in 'as is' (or seems to be based on current information) the game will suffer - which would be a great shame.